64bit OS X , When?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you hint at new features apart from (as I understand it) the ability to use different skins?

To be honest I'm not fussed about new features in a current version update, but the cogs in the last teaser are intriguing me......

Best of luck with curbing piracy when the new update comes out. Warez communities will be abuzz with attempts to crack the new version of Sylenth1. Give em some trouble getting it cracked! :)

PS: Please please please don't design the new protection to waste a lot of CPU. Sylenth1 is known for it's low CPU usage. The protection kind of has to be designed with that in mind (not that that's really a detriment to it).
Last edited by KingTuck on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

quantize wrote:"Ah, you're the glass half-empty kind of guy, "
And a paying customer.
The entitlement on this forum. Shit is out of control. All this "paying customer" nonsense. You pay for what you get when you buy it, anything that happens after is just extra. Enough of this whining!

Out of control?

In this market, it's not crazy to assume that part of buying into a product is expecting appropriate updates. Obviously you seem to disagree... but believe it or not, there's more than one perspective on the matter. Most plugins get updated, most buyers know this when they buy. That's the reality of the business. But go on, play Whine Sheriff.
Last edited by mholloway on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

double post

KingTuck wrote:
And a paying customer.
The entitlement on this forum. Shit is out of control. All this "paying customer" nonsense. You pay for what you get when you buy it, anything that happens after is just extra. Enough of this whining!
So when you buy a software with bugs, you won't expect an update that resolves them? You're the best customer from the maximizing profit point of view of any software company :D

Of course I don't expect free updates that will completely overhaul the existing product, enhance it with major features, etc. I will gladly pay for such updates, because they involved a lot of extra work. But if they are free, even better :party:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Hey Ruben,

I feel the situation that you guys are in, what was is in the past and as you say you are working on the update and people is going to complain when things have gon out of hand and you must agree with me that this has gone too far. Whatever the reason is support has just been enough and sometimes not at all. This I can understand if it just have been Lennard behind the wheel and it's quite a task doing this and doing coding and running things along side private life. I have the most utter respect for Lennard.

It's really great that you Ruben have stepped in and taking the rants and questions on the forum (Not an easy task). We all love Sylenth. Me personally are looking forward to the release even tho my believes are very thin the release is coming but I still believe. I really hope LennarDigital can turn this bad reputation around. A good product and bad support on update (64-bit) does not rhyme well. Thank god for 32 Lives so I can use Sylenth1 :-)

I can only say that I even bought Sylenth when it only was for Windows and I was on Mac. I had to wait almost 2 years before the release of Sylenth. That was how much faith I put into LennarDigital ;-)

It would be great to see something before summer at least.

Sheers
/Jimmy

deft_bonz wrote:
KingTuck wrote:
And a paying customer.
So when you buy a software with bugs, you won't expect an update that resolves them? You're the best customer from the maximizing profit point of view of any software company :D
Why would you buy software that's full of bugs?

I seriously don't understand why someone would put down money for something that is either A: not up to quality standards they expect and/or B: missing some sort of functionality that's important/essential to their workflow (e.g.: AAX support if you use Pro Tools).

Why buy something now and hope that it becomes appropriate for your needs later?

I'm bringing up the point that just because someone paid for software doesn't mean they stand over the company who develop it. 64-bit support didn't happen for many old 32-bit plugins. It isn't a fact that LennarDigital is morally obligated to supply such an update. They are, and that's great, but if it never happened and that was a dealbreaker to many people, the software would/should just fade out of peoples radars.

Support for old products isn't performed just because the developers respect the payments of the people using it for however long. It's essential because if it isn't done, the software won't be able to compete with newer ones anymore and won't return anymore profits. If a tried and true plugin stops working on new DAWS and OS's, nobody will buy it anymore.

Mholloway, what you are saying is different from what the person I quoted was saying. Don't assume what I was saying applied to the sheer idea that "updates aren't unreasonable to expect".

KingTuck wrote:Why would you buy software that's full of bugs?

I seriously don't understand why someone would put down money for something that is either A: not up to quality standards they expect and/or B: missing some sort of functionality that's important/essential to their workflow (e.g.: AAX support if you use Pro Tools).
Not full of bugs so you cannot even start it during demoing. But you can demo something for a couple of days and there can be still bugs. And then? That's where I expect bug fixing for the money I already spent.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

deft_bonz wrote:
KingTuck wrote:Why would you buy software that's full of bugs?

Not full of bugs so you cannot even start it during demoing. But you can demo something for a couple of days and there can be still bugs. And then? That's where I expect bug fixing for the money I already spent.
Alright. Keeping in mind what you're saying isn't what I had initially responded to in that first post of mine.

It is indeed expected that those things are fixed. But it's not just done to honor customer purchases. If software gains a reputation of being a buggy POS, nobody will buy it. It's a part of running a successful company and, unlike what you said, important to keeping profits coming in. A dev that never fixes anything never sells much either. It's in everybody's best interest to deal with such things.

I'm just glad the first 64bit release will be for osx, just hope it's yosemite compatible. lol.
Facebook: https://www.facebook...98625/timeline/
Youtube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/Wazatsc
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/warren-k-music
Latest Releases: https://pro.beatport.com/artist/warren-k/483631

This 64bit is a joke

AB69 wrote:This 64bit is a joke

At this point when it does come out it's not even worth buying lmao

.aaaaaa

So U-He Hive is getting released in June 2nd, some saying it pretty much trumps Sylenth1.

Needless to say, time is up Lennard. We have waited long enough.

Well, for those who haven't given up already.
It's been about 2 years since it was a requirement for 64bit plugins in most modern DAWs.

C'mon seriously?

Return to “LennarDigital”