FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

chk071 wrote: Btw, the fact that most people complaining about the lack of community proximity actually know most of the devs by their first name is pretty telling. :lol:
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
[Insert Signature Here]

DHR53 wrote:However I don't use the program as it's just too weird.
What an asinine statement.
[Insert Signature Here]

chk071 wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Let's put it bluntly.......FL Studio is going to be developed the way Gol sees fit not how the people who actually use the program want it to develop. Other developers are quite responsive to user input and understand that sofware should conform to the user not the other war around.
Tell me one developer who implements every single users wish. There is none. Because it's not smart to do so, otherwise you'd end up with a mess instead of a DAW. It's important to have your own ideas about your product, and in the end, success will prove you right or wrong.
:clap:
[Insert Signature Here]

Nokenoku wrote: Two of the mixer-tracks are colored blue on the whole track.
blue=audio input
red=recording
(purple=both)
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Ah, ok. So that's this.

But what about putting color-variables in a config?
Shouldn't be a lot of work and wouldn't mess with the program itself.

Anyways, I think I just found a bug:
As soon as I add a DIVA instance, the Plugin Delay Compensation thinks, there is a latency (of 16 samples) on whatever Insert DIVA is routed to (AND the Master, if it's not sent to Master directly).

Also the compensation does not allign the tracks right in the following scenario:
(DIVA routed to Master or any track above Insert 2.)
Insert 1 routed to Master and Insert 2.
PDC assumes latency on Master and then delays Insert 2?
Why? Master is not parallel to Insert 2.

Also by only applying PDC to Insert 2, the non-delayed signal of Insert 1, which goes to Master directly, is not in phase with the signal, which is delayed on Insert 2 anymore.

Teksonik wrote:
chk071 wrote: FL has become a mess because of it's lack of user input and because of the myopic vision of one not very talented developer.

I'm out............................ :wheee:
Eh man, you're not making much of a point. All of what you said is kind of passable because most of it is opinion stuff. Keeping in mind of course that FL has a ridiculous amount of licenses sold, it's not even possible to implement 5% of those peoples ideas into the DAW. I don't consider FL a mess. I love the thing.

I will reiterate my interest in a quicker way to access the last tweaked value for an automation clip. Seems like a minor feature that isn't unfeasible to add. It's really one of the only things that forces me to keep the top bar open on occasion while working in the DAW.

bailees7irish wrote:
DHR53 wrote:However I don't use the program as it's just too weird.
What an asinine statement.
O.K. let me rephrase that: PITA. I've always loved the look of the program and have the utmost respect for GOL as a programmer. But given the chance to use any of the other DAWs I own it's not worth the hassle.

:roll:

nix808 wrote:You can't adjust pitch either,
I'm hoping that they either do away with the steps, or re-introduce pitching
You can still adjust pitch and velocity. Click the little icon top-right and it opens the steps in the piano roll. If you don't change the lengths of the notes it's not really any different.

tony tony chopper wrote:But it doesn't matter, I gave my input, and if enough are doing so, they might end up checking their packaging system.
reflex wrote:Yes, it has been requested a lot. It's not something we'll implement. Sorry.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

tony tony chopper wrote:you mean, the good old "FU answer" that sounds like "Thank you, your input as a customer is very valuable to us, we are gonna pass your request to the technical team", by a tech support guy somewhere in another continent, and then your email goes straight to the trash bin?

Are people that naive or they just prefer getting a polite answer & no action behind?
People like that nowadays sadly. You should consider keeping honest conversation within alpha forum.

xNiMiNx wrote:
tony tony chopper wrote:But it doesn't matter, I gave my input, and if enough are doing so, they might end up checking their packaging system.
reflex wrote:Yes, it has been requested a lot. It's not something we'll implement. Sorry.
"a lot" doesn't equal "enough"

mrchr wrote:
xNiMiNx wrote:
"a lot" doesn't equal "enough"
Well, I mean...my suspicions are that it's not just that the numbers aren't adding up in terms of requests. If they haven't put it in yet I feel like it must be difficult to implement. Given the age of FL, there are some feature requests that require a good pulling up of some roots, y'know?

I mean I could be wrong.

mrchr wrote:"a lot" doesn't equal "enough"
Type O Negative - Its never enough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j8cF25uULg

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

I like what I see here in FL...there are a lot of other programs out there that do the same thing but differently. That there seems to be a never ending push to get the same features into another program that is in another already is a little weird.

I do think it would become rather too clunky then...

And, on that note...

Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

consumers live in the present, Gol in the futur, FL is 5 years ahead of the competition, i have work,not just test, with "all"the daw(cubase,protoolhd,saw studio,reapers, ableton,studio one,logic) and my switch into the fl world is a no brainer, i can' t go back

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”