No sound from current RC VST in old reaper projects created with RC 2.72

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello....
I recently opened an old project in reaper. All good. Then i noticed the VST was version 2.72. When I updated the VST to the latest official release 2.84, every time I opened a reaper project containing an older RC project, reaper crashes due to RC. New projects created in the standalone and opened in the VST, saved in reaper and reopened...no problem. Anyway beta 2.9b11 (X64) fixed the crashing of old projects but the project plays without sound in the VST appropriately routed in this case to revitar 2 (guitar) and GTG (drums). If I open the reaper project, go into RC and reopen the original standalone project again then still the same result. The standalone project plays fine.
As i said newly created projects are not a problem only my older ones. i have since deleted 2.72 so I cannot test this.

When the old reaper project is loading I get this message "There were 1 items in the project that were saved by extensions. If you save this project without those extensions installed, you may lose those extensions' data." Not sure what this means but looks like it highlights the problem. It's implying I no longer have certain extension installed (which ones would they be, I'm not aware of uninstalling anything)

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

the way instruments (or rather references to plug-in instances and channels) are handled in the new plug-in is different from how the old plug-in handled these, so the new plug-in is not fully backwards compatible with compositions saved by the old plug-in. I think if you associate each track with the plug-in instance and channel, playback should work well. So you need to right click on tracks and select an instrument.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”