Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

DocAtlas wrote:
Ben H wrote:
Bladerunner1962 wrote:The here named emails from Spectrasonics are only automated confirmation emails with the authorizations codes, which not worked.
I described them my problems very clear; more times.
Forgive me if you have tried this already, but have you tried typing the codes manually rather than copy-pasting them?
Some people have reported that this works.

I am unable to try this myself as I am still waiting for it to finish downloading.
I had the same trouble yesterday trying to input my Omni 1 serial so I could buy the upgrade. It didn't work until I typed it in; copy and paste didn't work. I still have about an hour to go on my download, but when I register the new version, I'll be sure to enter the seial manually.
Worked for me with copy/paste. The serial code would be easy enough to enter manually though, but not the response code which is a huge chunk of text and numbers. What sometimes causes problems is if you have copied a space accidentally, so I tend to always backspace and enter the last digit manually.

I'm wondering if he's just mixed up which is which?
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun May 03, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bladerunner1962 wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote: Forgive as English may not be your first language, but I do find your posts incredibly confusing to read. You speak of getting no response from Spectrasonics, yet you have 4 authorisation codes? I don't understand.

But rather than post more here giving more explanations, Eric has re-emphasied - definitely contact the techshop support, they are there and will get you up and running. Try and be as clear as you can. For seemingly most of us, once we had the correct installers everything was very simple to upgrade. Some authorisation issues were because version 1 was not fully registered first - it has to be before you can get v2 up and running. But in general, if you still have issues contact via here -https://www.spectrasonics.net/sales/tec ... op_msg.php - and they will get back to you.
I'm also confused about the customer service of Spectrasonics ;-)

To make it clearer: They don't respond to my email, where I described my problems.
The here named emails from Spectrasonics are only automated confirmation emails with the authorizations codes, which not worked.
I described them my problems very clear; more times.
bladerunner why dont u pm me i didnt read all posts here, i still struggle to HAVE TO start my DAW ALWAYS as admin in order to run omni2 which sucks! never had this problem with ANY other vst..... spectrasonics clearly SHOULD FIX this issues but they said it is no issue and i dont accept this...

1. message from Staloni!

i deleted the folder (1) got to C:ProgramData\Spectrasonics and rename it in C:ProgramData\Spectrasonics_old)

From here on rightclick with your mouse: Open as administrator all installers

2) then you start again the software intallation Of the Omnisphere 2 upgrade with the path C:ProgramData\Spectrasonics

3) Then you again select to install the STEAM folder to your g drive and install it.

4) Then you open Omnisphere in your DAW.

That should work and gives you a working Challenge Code for Authorization.

5) Authorize, reopen Omnisphere, done.

Somehow the upgrade gets mixed up with the old C:ProgramData\Spectrasonics folder.

Be aware that after that you also have to install and authorize the software Trilian or Stylus RMX again, if you have them.

I had the same problem, it works now.

but then i had this:

2. i think i knocked this finally! i deleted the new STEAM.lnk file in Programdata\spectrasonics again and made manually a lnk to it!
now it finds my folder without asking.

there seems to be something wrong with the installer/registry when using a different location than c:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics

3. 3rd update! when starting my DAW normalmode Omnisphere 2 loads again with the strange symbol autharization.
in adminmode it loads normal it seems.

this should be definitely fixed as i NEVER had to start my daw in admin mode Trauriges Smiley
also in adminmode my DAW doesnt have all teh settings like in normalmode

4. REPLY from Spectra

Right click your DAW Host Application Icon and go to Properties/ Compatibility. Select Run As Administrator. Apply and reattempt your authorization after installing the latest updates from your User Account while your DAW is closed.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

5. when i do this i get this error SUDDENLY, never had this before, there is something wrong definitely.

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

noiseboyuk wrote:Blade runner - I think you have the whole process wrong! I don't think you'd ever get automated authorisation codes, that's part of your challenge / response routine that is specific to each computer when you run Omni for the first time. Are you sure it's not a ticket number or something?
noiseboyuk - In order to make my Omni V2 work, I tried several times also the authorization process on the Spectrasonics website. Afterwards (4 times) I received directly confirmation emails from Spectrasonics with the authorziation codes. So...these are not ticket numbers ;-)

noiseboyuk wrote:Register your email in the link I gave (even if you already sent an email a few days ago), and I'm sure they'll contact you and sort you out. They set up that system to specifically speed things up for those who need it.
(I don't think this is relevant in your case, but in general the thing to watch with copy / paste of codes is you don't add an extra blank character or something at the beginning or end, that can cause it to fail)
Thank you! I already used your link....

The hint with the copy and paste and manual correction....I will try that again...until know, after paste, it wasn't possible to do manual inputs in the authorization window

aMUSEd wrote:Well it is a weekend, I would be more patient.
Yes, normally everybody should have a weekend...not question. BUT...if you launch a software short time before weekend, and it causes trouble on installation and authorization....you payed 249$...then I like also have support on weekend.
I "hate" this beta version launching....things should be tested before launch and should not causes trouble for users. I have no special requirements...."normal" system (Windows 7 64 bit). I never had this kind of trouble with any software before...and I'm a heavy user on synthesizer, video, audio software.

Caine123 wrote:bladerunner why dont u pm me i didnt read all posts here
sorry, I didn't know, that you have further tips/information in order to solve the problems ;-)

This is really interesting to read, what you (or other users) found out.
I will try this...hoping it works after "48 hours" :-)

@Spectrasonics: why you don't provide additional information about the installing or authorization process?
This would be much easier for you (handling all the comlpaints) and the users, which have trouble and "experiment" on theirself.

So anyone got the Trilian library working in Omnisphere 2?

I can see the presets but when trying to load a preset I get: "Cannot load SoundSource "<name of soundsource>" because Directory "trilogy Library" not found.

Loading the Trilian plug-in everything works just fine, so yeah.. something is wrong.

It's not a beta version, it works perfectly fine for almost everybody.

Bladerunner1962 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Well it is a weekend, I would be more patient.
Yes, normally everybody should have a weekend...not question. BUT...if you launch a software short time before weekend, and it causes trouble on installation and authorization....you payed 249$...then I like also have support on weekend.
I "hate" this beta version launching....things should be tested before launch and should not causes trouble for users. I have no special requirements...."normal" system (Windows 7 64 bit). I never had this kind of trouble with any software before...and I'm a heavy user on synthesizer, video, audio software.
Well it seems to have worked for the vast majority of people so it's hardly 'beta' - there's always bound to be a few that it doesn't with particular issues though. Personally I found the process completely straightforward. You may 'like' to have support on the weekend but your expectation is unrealistic.

Is that right that i can use polyphonic LFO ? I mean i want to start with each note another LFO (or enevelope) without that the first stops. So each note i play should follow its own LFO. But i can't get it work. It always follows one LFO or itvjumps back per note? I thought Omnisphere 2 offers polyphonic LFO's ? Maybe i'm too dumb.

Edit: O.k. i found the answer.... only LFO 6 and Mod env. 4 can be polyphonic.... :roll: Mmhhh... for my taste the whole modulation is really a bit too limited but life will go on :P
Last edited by Cinebient on Sun May 03, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okay I'm having a bad issue. I had no problems doing the upgrade and downloading the files overnight last night but when I do Step 1 Software Upgrade it asks where to install the .dll, I choose, then it says it's installing but afterwords, nothing happened. It's still the same Omnisphere 1 I even tried installing to a new folder and it came up blank afterwords. Unfortunately, I didn't catch this until after I did Step 2: Data Upgrade now my Omnisphere 1 has Omnisphere 2 patches that aren't authorized and it's basically useless, there are tons of error messages everywhere.

:dog:

all well ends well...

my plans all along was to wait until Sunday to purchase my update. well here it is Sunday and i am currently downloading...

life is good!!!

enjoy your Sunday everyone... in about 3 hours i will be enjoying mine!!!

What exactly has changed with regards to the tagging because I have been through my Voxworks bank and am struggling to find anything I can add to it to improve the existing tagging? Even the sound match seems to work without me having to add anything (they were already pretty extensively tagged though which obviously helps).

Caine123 wrote:Image
It's all based on missing rights to write files in this directory.

People should really notice that they have to run the installer as administrator. Or, in other words: Spectrasonics should have written it in the setup doc (some vendors do as I recall).

Now, to your problem: You could make the directory writable for "all users" (change the permissions that is) to overcome this issue. Open the Win explorer, go to the directory in question, right-click and select "Eigenschaften --> Sicherheit --> Berechtigungen".

LarsErik wrote:So anyone got the Trilian library working in Omnisphere 2?

I can see the presets but when trying to load a preset I get: "Cannot load SoundSource "<name of soundsource>" because Directory "trilogy Library" not found.

Loading the Trilian plug-in everything works just fine, so yeah.. something is wrong.
I have it working fine this side, the Trilian interface loads no problem into the Omnisphere 2 shell.
Simple question I know but did you run the installer to update Trilian ?

Return to “Instruments”