Saurus patch categories/directories

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wanted to save a patch in Saurus 2, so in the save dlg, I created an '_user presets' directory (leading underscore so it'd be first in the list), then under that, a Keys directory, and saved the patch in there. After that, the UI showed the patch category as 'Custom' (not the name I gave it), and the patch browser didn't see the '_user presets' directory/category, much less the Keys one inside it. I tried to rename the directory, and remove the additional directory level, but couldn't because it was in use. Had to quit S1 to do that (not just close and remove Saurus), but after restarting S1, Saurus did see my new 'Keys custom' directory.

So:
- Are custom patch directories/categories supported?
- Is there some trick to creating new ones, or renaming or deleting existing ones so Saurus sees them without restarting it?

Odd, it works with me. A couple of days ago I added a ___mine (underscores for the same reason :D ) folder to the Saurus Sounds folder and in that ___mine folder I have saved various patches. It all shows up correctly in the browser.

Work for me. I haven't used underscores but putting a folder in with the other directories worked just fine.

Thanks guys.

The new dirs you made showed up right away, without having to restart your host? That's good.

Maybe the problem was the second level of directory, which I guess I shouldn't have done, since the factory patches don't do that. It did show up after I undid that, but that was also after the restart.

No way to rename or delete with the host open though?

No, it's quite obvious that the browser is not made for subcategories. What you could do is delete the factory patches and use those categories as if they were yours :hihi:

Deleting works without restarting Saurus. All I need to do is click on another category and then back on the one in which I have deleted a patch.

Yeah, really true it's obvious, just thought I'd give it a shot. Just realized that maybe the reason it didn't show my top-level dir is because it didn't look in the dir under it for the patch, so it didn't think here was anything in it.

Instead of reusing the factory categories, thought I'd just create 'Keys me' etc..

And about deleting, I meant a category, not a patch.

Return to “Instruments”