Bitwig Hardware Instrument - No Pitch Bend?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Can anyone else insert a Hardware Instrument Device, and then successfully send pitch bend to an external synth? For the life of me I can't figure it out, but it seems like all pitch bend messages are being filtered out. I can send Note on, Note Off, Modulation (as CC1)... but no pitch bend.

I can also verify that my controller is successfully generating pitch bend. I'm able to control Virtual Instruments properly, and I can also send pitch bend to the same synth using Logic Pro's External Instrument, so I know the controller is functioning properly.

Any help is appreciated!

Which controller and which script? May be helpful info. I don't own any physical synths, yet (think I've decided on the boomstar SE80), but have you tried a different controller script? May be worth a try.

Im on my phone at the moment but if you select the channel and look at the inspector panel on the left, theres a checkbox for pitchbend. Maybe thats not enabled?
Formally known as CnuTram.

CnuTram wrote:Im on my phone at the moment but if you select the channel and look at the inspector panel on the left, theres a checkbox for pitchbend. Maybe thats not enabled?

I´ve missed that too, thanks!
I thought the script i used converted the pitchbend to note expressions.
So i used the reacontrolmidi vst to revert to pb which is still helpful.

Good catch, CnuTram!

CnuTram wrote:Im on my phone at the moment but if you select the channel and look at the inspector panel on the left, theres a checkbox for pitchbend. Maybe thats not enabled?
CnuTram, you are the winner! Thank you so much for the tip—I never noticed this checkbox until now.

The checkbox was enabled by default. When I turned it off, everything began working as expected. Happy day!

After exploring some more, I found that enabling this checkbox tells Bitwig to convert Pitch Bend data to Note Pitch Expressions instead of Midi, which is exactly what was causing my Pitch Bend Midi to be ignored by the external synth ( a Nord Rack 2x for those of you wondering ).

The controller script I'm using it just the Generic w/ 8 Knobs right now. I use an older ReMote SL 25 (first version) of which there doesn't seem to be full support for, yet.

Anyway, thank again for the tip, CnuTram!

Glad it helped you out bud :)

I have to say though, the people on this forum are so awesome and helpful!
Formally known as CnuTram.

CnuTram wrote:Glad it helped you out bud :)

I have to say though, the people on this forum are so awesome and helpful!
Blame Bitwig! If the developers were less awesome (listening to their customers and actually giving what they suggest a shot, having patience with those who haven't RTFM'd), I, for one, wouldn't be here.

Return to “Bitwig”