PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Greetings,

I owned an MKS70 for many years, this plugin sounds pretty close to it. Thanks a lot !

Running the latest release with Bitwig Studio 1.1.7 via the Airwave utility on Fedora 19. Yep, using it with Linux. :)

Best,

dp

martin_l wrote: On the other side, it is probably not a bad thing that during the challenge, I will not be able to update the plugin, as it might be unfair, if people work on a project, and I update the plugin half-way through.

Anyway, good luck to all participants!

Aw bummer that would be fun to hear what you can cook up. BTW, we've had some devs working on their synth during OSC, sometimes doing little bug fixes, etc. Don't worry about it :tu:

Was messing around again today comparing patches between my JX-10 and PG8X and realized something -- the JX-10 clicks in the same way on note-off on some patches, it's just the click is muffled, sounds more like a quick low static burst. I've noticed PG8X emulating other flaws of the JX-10, which just goes to show how good an emulation it is. There are many, many patches that are more or less indistinguishable when you A/B them between the plugin and the hardware.

Examigan wrote:I use the latest version of PG8X in Sonar X3 Producer and it works fine. 32-bit PC with Windows 7. One thing I did was put the DLL into its own folder, then add some presets I downloaded in that same folder. Then put that same folder with all those in it into the Cakewalk VST folder.
Thanks, Examigan, I did the same thing, though I'm using the 64-bit version. I've been working with Sonar's plug-in mangler for years (and even helping other Sonar users with plug-ins and the mangler), and this is the first time I've seen this with a "healthy" .DLL.
martin_l wrote:One source of the problem could be permissions of the folder.
The plugin is trying to write the "pg8x.ini" file, when starting up the first time. I have not yet tried what happens when it fails to write that.

Please, try to make sure that you have write permissions.

Cheers,
Martin
Thanks, Martin. I'll check again, but these are all the same default permissions for a folder for every other VST I've manually put into a folder I created (which means it's basically wide-open). Maybe I'll also try the 32-bit .DLL.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Hi,

I started the OSC and I'm making somepatchs in LMMS, Kick Snare and Hats, the wave form slider is refusing to move?

the knobs below work fine, any one have those sliders freeze?

every other sliders moves instantly exept the ones I need to move haha, maybe I'm just tired

Thanks!!!!

EDIT: I guess they were just sluggish becasuse of my lame PC, working now sorry!
Last edited by davetbass on Sun May 03, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

davetbass wrote:Hi,

I started the OSC and I'm making somepatchs in LMMS, Kick Snare and Hats, the wave form slider is refusing to move?

the knobs below work fine, any one have those sliders freeze?

every other sliders moves instantly exept the ones I need to move haha, maybe I'm just tired

Thanks!!!!
Yes, I posted about.

Martin -- is there an AU version of this?
Thanks.

Thanks EvilDragon.

chorus-depth/speed hover displays (in the lcd) are switched around.

phdsg vn chfhn wrote:chorus-depth/speed hover displays (in the lcd) are switched around.
oh no!! Martin said he would be away from computer for a while... i may have to stop usin PG8X all together
till this gets fixed! :x :tantrum: :evil:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

[edit - never mind]
--
David Das
Composer, producer / Los Angeles, CA
www.daviddas.com

Gee, Dropbox is so pushy, with every click they try to make me sign up for an account. Probably an NSA site to spread their spyware... 8)

ontrackp wrote:Martin -- is there an AU version of this?
Thanks.
Not sure why EvilDragon said "no"... I just downloaded and opened the AU version in the dropbox. it opens and plays fine in Logic Pro X.

plexuss wrote:
ontrackp wrote:Martin -- is there an AU version of this?
Thanks.
Not sure why EvilDragon said "no"...
Probably because development has been halted on the AU version (as mentioned in the post that EvilDragon referred to.

Return to “Instruments”