---

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

it seems ...

not only these. nexus expansions and samples packs like club sounds 1-3, essential house or vocal essentials too. and without any warning? bad for the ones who buyed it. worst for the ones that buy it again with a new name :roll:

what a shame, 2015 is turning out to be a bad year for VST's with things being dropped
and companies disappearing this year is bumming me out, I wonder if you can buy them
in the marketplace?

Chapelle wrote:I noticed that QuadraSID, Slayer and PlastiCZ aren't listed on their website under products anymore:
https://refx.com/products/
Seems like they have been discontinued.
Dude, I just noticed that last night myself. I have PlastiCZ but I don't have Slayer and Quadrasid. Damn, I freakin' missed out on buying them as keepsakes. Bummer.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Sad, but not very surprising, these are quite old instruments, maybe they became trouble to maintain. Maybe they will come back as rewrites. PlastiCZ has now strong contender, but QuadraSID still holds IMO, I'm glad I've got it.

PlastiCZ has been superceded in realism by many products, Bazille springs to mind, but nothing out there sounds like PlastiCZ does in terms of sheer thick, chompy attacks.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

QuadraSID should've been ported to 64-bit and maintained. :-(
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Well, damn, I had been waiting to purchase both PlastiCZ and QuadraSID. That sucks! :(

i would have liked to see a PlastiCZ 2 with 7 voice unison mode :pray:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Their best synth was JunoX2

Zombie Queen wrote:...Maybe they will come back as rewrites...
just like Vanguard 2 :hihi: these guys are just a bunch of liars and thieves...so expect the unexpected

Next is vanguard :P

Vanguard was written by Markus from Tone2 right? Pretty f**king unlikely they'll ever get out a major update for it without him around. Outsourcing work like that is extremely difficult. The original developer will always always always have an edge for how things were put together.

There simply aren't a ton of DSP programmers for hire that can do justice to a project like that. This audio plugin business is such that if a single person has such ability, they may as well start their own company.

I think it's also strange that they discontinued TBL, Beast, Junox2 before 2010 came around now
all their other plugins that they had, now all thats left is Vanguard and Nexus2, I guess I best get
Nexus before anything happens to their expansions that I want, FM EXP, Sounds of the 90s 1 & 2,
all the other ones don't tickle my fancy, but I can so make amazing music with JayB's 90's EXP.
if you go to his website everything their is free except the Nexus2 expansions, those are available
only in the ReFX shop and only if you actually have Nexus2. I wish they would allow license transfers
but I remember in 2008 that TBL and Claw were both on their website for free, I lost those installers
but Wayback Machine doesn't work on ReFX, I think it's cool that they're from Canada, BC to be exact
and that makes me proud to be Canadian but I just wish I was rich or something so when something
comes out like when QuadraSID and PlastiCZ did that I could buy them, I remember gawking at their
website for the last 13 years and I never had money when I was in highschool back then but I always
wanted Vanguard and Zeta but now I have Vanguard and Zeta I need Nexus2, since I can't get the other
VST Plugins that they had before now, I think that Vanguard 2 would be nice if it were rewritten from
scratch like DUNE 2 was or Zeta 2 but I think that that is wishing on stars.

Return to “Instruments”