FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Nokenoku wrote:You can get rid of the doubles by marking the png-files as "invisible" in the windows file-settings.
I got rid of them by uninstalling the program.

(Which BTW i ended up doing ever since i first tried it (V8, IIRC) because in the end im always frustrated by certain workflow/organisational aspects that are simply not my idea of 'practical'.)

toine6 wrote:I don't use or want "cathegories, and sub cathegories" smart guy.

Version 11. Install VSTi ---> right click step sequencer lane ---> select insert..more... refresh ---> check the newly scanned plugin. Done.
I still don't get it.

So you don't like the way, how you setup your library now. Fine.
But you only have to do this once. Why is this such a big deal to you?

Nokenoku wrote:

Version 11. Install VSTi ---> right click step sequencer lane ---> select insert..more... refresh ---> check the newly scanned plugin. Done.
I still don't get it.

Once is too too much. :cry:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:
Nokenoku wrote:

I still don't get it.

Once is too too much. :cry:
Yeah, they rather come here to bitch around all the time. Time is money. :lol:
PS. Nokenoku, why bother mate? Those people are not interested in a solution. They only want to bash a dev for nothing. Don't take them serious. See he call you a "smart guy" only because you tried to show them a solution for his "problem". Better leave such people on their own next time.. ..they deserve it.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Nokenoku wrote:

I still don't get it.

Are you saying I only have to do this one time even though I'm regularly installing plugins as needed for projects? I previously wrote that I have 100's of VST's which I often install as needed for old projects. I'm also regularly testing demo's and trying out free VST's. So installing and uninstalling plugins happens a lot. I don't see how I only have to do this once.

[quote="toine6]Are you saying I only have to do this one time[/quote]

Once for every plugin.
even though I'm regularly installing plugins as needed for projects?
Let FL find the plugin, save the preset it creates anywhere you like (in the plugin database if you want to use the "add" menus).

Then every time you reinstall the plugin, use the previously saved preset again.

robotmonkey wrote:Most of the complaints in this thread are spot on and well argued. If you can't take complaining and want to live happily in a colorful candyland with mystical unicorns roaming everywhere, stay in Image-Line forums.
Most of complaints in this thread are spot on and badly argued. If you can't control your anger and want to live negatively in a dark and stagnant world with ugly gollum roaming everywhere, stay in 4chan.

EvilDragon wrote:
tony tony chopper wrote:Isn't changing the denumerator the same as changing the snap?
Not really. Snap (if you mean snapping to beats kind of thing) has nothing to do with timesigs at all - snapping is something that's there purely to help align things on the beat. It shouldn't really change when the timesig changes - at all! If snap is set to 1/4, then entering new notes should always snap to quarters, regardless of the denominator of the timesig.
If the snaps were measured by the note it would be true. But it is measured by step/beat/bar so snap should be changed if denominator is changed. When [4/4, BPM 120, snap is 1/4 step] is changed to 8/8, BPM is practically changed to 240 and the snap 1/4 step actually means 1/2 step of actual BPM.

Well, in most other DAWs (AFAIK), snap is measured by the grid, and grid can be set to a different note value than what timesig is defining. So...

For me fruitys 4/4 is more than enough and I can snap to triplets. If I want something more advanced/flexible, I use Reaper.

Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

toine6 wrote:
Nokenoku wrote:

I still don't get it.

Are you saying I only have to do this one time even though I'm regularly installing plugins as needed for projects? I previously wrote that I have 100's of VST's which I often install as needed for old projects. I'm also regularly testing demo's and trying out free VST's. So installing and uninstalling plugins happens a lot. I don't see how I only have to do this once.
THIS is exactly why plugin managing needs to be fixed. The old alphabetical list and the simple "rescan" feature need to come back.

EvilDragon wrote:
Snapping to grid should have no relation to time signatures used in the project, at all.
makes no sense, to me. Isn't the timesig ALL about the grid?

If it's not about the grid, that is, if you were writing your music on a gridless piano roll, then any timesig would "work", no?
The computer is just playing a set of timestamped note events, it doesn't care about beats/bars/whatever - the timesig is only there as helper, for humans, thus.. the grid, and snap.

Really, this & the following posts made the problem even more obscure than it already was.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Not sure why you're overcomplicating this, gol. Timesig is one thing. Snapping is another. Timesig is a relevant part of MIDI and notation. Snapping has no relation to those things - it's a different kind of helper for humans. Timesig is related to song meter and the way metronome is supposed to count out, snapping is ONLY related to note input and some editing operations (and just that!).

Hence, one should not be inseparably linked to each other. As mentioned, most (if not all) other DAWs can set timesig to one value, and snap grip to another!

sjm wrote:
tony tony chopper wrote:
sjm wrote:I'm not sure why you find time signatures so hard to understand gol. They're really simple.
you find what you wrote easy to understand?

it doesn't explain what is a "note", yet everything relies to it. Assuming a note isn't related to the tempo either, as a beat is - then what is a note, and where is the user interacting with that "note"?
Sorry, as this is music 101 (i.e. the basics of the basics), I assumed you knew what the different types of notes are.

The fact that this is beyond you makes it pretty clear why you're having trouble with time signatures in FL. Seriously, go to an introduction to music class and learn this stuff. If you haven't even understood the very very basics of musical notation and theory, there's no point in trying to understand time signatures. You need to start at the beginning - and really, this is the sort of stuff you should already know as a DAW programmer.
well, if you need to take "lessons" to understand what a note is, I'm glad that FL kept things simple

To me, the equation holds these concepts
-a tempo, in beats per mintute
-how many beats make a bar
-how many steps make a beat (this being more or less only useful for the step sequencer)

I don't see where the concept of a "note" is involved here. How does a "note" relate to tempo or bar or beat, and where is it defined? And if it is defined, why is it needed, since everything that was required to be known to solve the equation, is already there?

To me it's stupid things like (& MIDI) this that sent people away from the old sequencers trinity, in favor of the new ones since 2000.
More, it's pointless to try to learn about a theory that no one can even agree on. One guy says that timesigs of /3 don't exist, another say that yes, they do exist. And the wikipedia article is a big mess for something that should be kept simple.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”