A more powerful ReFX Nexus version 3.0 ever ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Perhaps your thinking of a different synth MFXxx.

I'm regularly checking the ReFX site for a demo to dl and have never been able to find one. Probably the biggest reason I haven't dropped what they're asking for it.

That's one thing, the lack of a demo, ReFX and Spectrasonics have in common :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan

EDIT: Checking again, I see they suggest, in tiny teeny print and greyed out text, to dl the demo and give it try. Seems they really don't want you to the way they have made the suggestion.

However, maybe I'm blind but I can't seem to find the dl page :shrug:

Oh, well, better things to do today anyway.
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

i remember you have to create an account and ask for the demo :dog:

frizzbee wrote:i remember you have to create an account and ask for the demo :dog:
haha yes 16 hours elicensor demo :hihi: the biggest joke ever.

dsan@mail.com wrote:Perhaps your thinking of a different synth MFXxx.
LOL No, was considering Nexus to compliment the Virus, demoed at the local music store.

Didn't realise you could download a demo and being elicenser, thought it couldn't be done tbh.

https://refx.com/products/nexus/specs/
https://refx.com/support/#2.16
bottom of page in very small writing (just spotted).
*other host software might work. Download the demo version to test for compability before purchase.
Think this works the same as wavleb. You get 16 hours of use, the demo last as long as you have nexus active for 16 hours, not expires 16 hours after activation if this helps some people.

the point is, why in the hell 16 hours? why not 100 hours?

i forgot how i dont like refx, the support wasnt enjoyable at all + you cant resell the products you bought.
but anyway that was not the point of this topic. #calmdown

cyphersuit wrote:the answer is

phalanx

I was interested in it, but once i found out it wouldn't allow for nexus patch import, I lost interest in it str8 away.. I've invested quite a bit in nexus, and would rather ReFX further it's own development vs. create a completely new product,unless it supported the content I already invested in. If that makes sense. 8)

Either way I'm hoping they do something soon to it.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Ameyah Audio wrote:the point is, why in the hell 16 hours? why not 100 hours?

i forgot how i dont like refx, the support wasnt enjoyable at all + you cant resell the products you bought.
but anyway that was not the point of this topic. #calmdown
You can resell Nexus if you wanted to. I bought mine second hand off of eBay.

Watch out with reselling or buying 2nd hand Refx/Nexus license.
Ive heard of a case were the guy's account was blocked, because the license is personal and is not supposed to be sold.
This was an old case i read on Ableton Live forum years ago, so maybe they changed the rules.

But like i said, watch out and double check with reFX...

rod_zero wrote:
Arcane Master wrote:How does ReFX Nexus compare to Ominisphere?

Very poorly, Omnisphere is a complete synth with a large library of its own sound sources to program sounds as well as thousands of presets to explore.

Nexus is just a very large collection of presets.

disagree.. they are for different purposes.. like apples with oranges. Nexus is alot more about ready sounds for EDM and all genres of it. It uses 1/5th of the cpu and ram of omnisphere and has a lot of bread and butter sounds that omnisphere doesn't, and also loads said sounds in 1/5th the time. I can make an entire 32 midi track project on a modest computer with every single midi track playing a nexus. No way i could do that with omni.

They are complementary to one another, not rivals, and nexus is also half the price.

If someone said to me, i compose trance and/or EDM in general, and want a rompler, should i get omni or nexus and i can afford either, i would recommend the latter without hesitation. It's got an intended purpose and does it perfectly.

As far as an unlocked V3 update, don't know(don't care either, it's perfect as it is IMO).
Perhaps the OP could apply to become a nexus sound designer and then get the unlocked version and make his own commercial library (and of course his own personal stuff on the side once he is officially a reFX sound designer).

idiotto wrote:Watch out with reselling or buying 2nd hand Refx/Nexus license.
Ive heard of a case were the guy's account was blocked, because the license is personal and is not supposed to be sold.
This is not normally the case. ReFX do charge a small fee for license transfer and you have to ship the eLicencer dongle to the new owner.

I was going to buy Nexues2 to round my synth collection like Omnisphere,Dune and Diva but decided to hold off for version 3 if it ever happens.I'm a preset guy and it would fit into my workflow nicely IF, they fix some things I don't like beginning with the browser.

It's very easy to get the sound of Nexus with Phalanx. Similar effects, arp and trancegate.

IMO users might be best served if REFX made a synth that could load Nexus banks, like Falcon. Then they could still sell Nexus but have something deeper for those wanting it, without messing with their winning product in the process. Give the player away with content, and charge something more for the premium synth.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

dblock wrote:I was going to buy Nexues2 to round my synth collection like Omnisphere,Dune and Diva but decided to hold off for version 3 if it ever happens.I'm a preset guy and it would fit into my workflow nicely IF, they fix some things I don't like beginning with the browser.

May i know what's wrong with the browser. for me it is amazing that without going into menus like every other synth, i can finally with one click have category sorting for the presets. So each bank i visit will be in categories. Banks sold for nexus have to follow a very strict hierarchy.. ie they are all perfectly organized. And one load next previous preset arrows.. i am a bit surprised cause it has imo the easiest browser of almost any synth, so i am genuinely asking what you dislike about it. :)

braj wrote:IMO users might be best served if REFX made a synth that could load Nexus banks, like Falcon. Then they could still sell Nexus but have something deeper for those wanting it, without messing with their winning product in the process. Give the player away with content, and charge something more for the premium synth.

now that's a very very smart idea. uvi player vs falcon, nexus vs nexus pro. Good idea.

Return to “Instruments”