A lot of midi notes makes bitwig slow....

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voice303 wrote:
Tearing Riots wrote:I am aware bouncing is a workround (duh) that won´t help everyone, just saying it is there because the reources of your pc are never unlimited.

The note event thing i read in the manual, not so sure where vst3 comes in there, it certainly goes far beyond the midi specifications.
There are also bugs with bouncing I run into quite frequently where a track wont bounce the first time (or simply wont bounce at all), so sometimes its very painful to bounce :scared:

This one is also soooooooo annoying. :cry: Specially you cant rely on it. in 1.1.7 it bounced the second time wich i really didnt care that much ,but now it refuses all the time. :?: But sometimes its fine. :hihi:
It began in 1.1.7 i thouht?

codec17 wrote:
Voice303 wrote:
Tearing Riots wrote:I am aware bouncing is a workround (duh) that won´t help everyone, just saying it is there because the reources of your pc are never unlimited.

The note event thing i read in the manual, not so sure where vst3 comes in there, it certainly goes far beyond the midi specifications.
There are also bugs with bouncing I run into quite frequently where a track wont bounce the first time (or simply wont bounce at all), so sometimes its very painful to bounce :scared:

This one is also soooooooo annoying. :cry: Specially you cant rely on it. in 1.1.7 it bounced the second time wich i really didnt care that much ,but now it refuses all the time. :?: But sometimes its fine. :hihi:
It began in 1.1.7 i thouht?
haha well lucky and unlycky me that doesnt like to bounce... hope both bouncing and shortcomming with alot of midi get fixed! ^^
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Got mail from support

"yes, currently projects with several ten-thousands of midi notes make the GUI slow. This is something we're working on and will be improved for sure. It is just because of the note properties and stats in the inspector if you select clips or notes."

Cool to know... i hope still it gets fixed asap! Cool that they promise better performence though... matter of time then.. Hope 1.2
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Voice303 wrote:There are also bugs with bouncing I run into quite frequently where a track wont bounce the first time (or simply wont bounce at all), so sometimes its very painful to bounce :scared:
And even when it does work, it may not work quite as expected. I have reported a number of issues with the 'bounce in place' feature here, also sent to tech support.

Hello, I have read all of these posts and have found a solution, I use many midi notes (I make edm) and use many popular, and even cpu intensive vst's and my projects don't lag. The midi note lag only happens when there are a lot of notes on the display at that time. As a general practice of mine when it come to mixing and to keep this problem from occurring I use grouping. If you group all the separate parts of the song into different sections you can minimize each group and only maximize when editing midi or FX. This keeps
Bitwig running smooth, and workflow never tends to be that much of an issue. This keeps you from having to bounce each track. (I don't like to do this much myself unless I know I wont change this sound later) :)

it's vastly considered a nonissue anymore with the new updates isn't it?

I have version 1.3.12 and still notice GUI fps drops when there are more midi notes on screen. It may not be as extreme as it once was but can still be an issue if not managed properly

Return to “Bitwig”