The Hive Hexagon Thread

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

cbastriani79 wrote:Importable WAVETABLES! Excuse me for yelling.
maybe full on wavescanning would be a bit much, but importable wave shapes would really fit in, i think.

having lots of digital waveforms were fairly common bonus stuff with early v.a. and hybrids of approximately the sort of thing hive seems to be getting at.

really adds something useful to have some source material built of strange harmonics or maybe some weedy oscillator sound so you don't have to spend a hipass on it. that type of thing, ya know. cuts from guitar, piano, sax waveforms, so on. freak out.

Id like to see Tiny Diva synth inside the hexagon

spacecult wrote:
cbastriani79 wrote:Importable WAVETABLES! Excuse me for yelling.
maybe full on wavescanning would be a bit much, but importable wave shapes would really fit in, i think.

having lots of digital waveforms were fairly common bonus stuff with early v.a. and hybrids of approximately the sort of thing hive seems to be getting at.

really adds something useful to have some source material built of strange harmonics or maybe some weedy oscillator sound so you don't have to spend a hipass on it. that type of thing, ya know. cuts from guitar, piano, sax waveforms, so on. freak out.
Well, we're definitely getting more waveforms as Urs said. Something much more unique and organic as opposed to static waveforms. I don't know, but I'm looking forward to it :3.

Spire is awesome because it has a ton of wave-forms for a various array of instruments, including vocals and fx. That said, Hive sounds much better then Spire and I've heard that it's waveforms, though plenty, have much to be desired.

It's all about quality. If Hive ends up getting fewer waveforms then Spire, but they sound MUCH better, then it's fine by me. And besides: a fewer number of waveforms would fit just well with the less-is-more approach they are going for.

One thing I don't recall seeing in this list of suggestions is spectral filtering, as in iZotope's Iris 2. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement as I'm not sure where in the audio chain it would go.

Quick idea: make the hexagon a portal to a second instance of Hive; in other words, allow Hive to host another instance of itself so that composite sounds can be created with two instances, with only one instantiation as far as the host is concerned. Add a few controls for A/B balance, key zone range and volume tapering, and done...

Actually, this could be recursive allowing the second instance to host a third, etc... up to a practical maximum of course. ;)

Breeze wrote:Quick idea: make the hexagon a portal to a second instance of Hive; in other words, allow Hive to host another instance of itself so that composite sounds can be created with two instances, with only one instantiation as far as the host is concerned. Add a few controls for A/B balance, key zone range and volume tapering, and done...

Actually, this could be recursive allowing the second instance to host a third, etc... up to a practical maximum of course. ;)
How interesting! I've never heard of that idea before. It might make for some pretty creative layering :D

Did someone say "Inception?" :-)

garryknight wrote:Did someone say "Inception?" :-)
LOL! "Which Hive is the "real" Hive?" Ooooooooo! :hihi:

bailees7irish wrote:
Lejurai wrote: And that sequencer could still be a bit longer :tu:
Nah, let's keep it simple.
32 step instead of 16 isn't simple? Must be hard to be you :party:

A randomize button on the effects and arp /seq

Could put something like Wolfgang Palm's Plex 2 where you drag the red, green, and yellow icons to different areas to get different sound combinations. Screenshot in his website should give great ideas:

http://plex.hermannseib.com/

Plex is nostalgic good idea!!

I felt when I first saw the Hexagon,
This might synth play is Chinese_checkers.

Can the noise waveforms be tunable? while I have my own drum-synth, it definitely could be useful in some cases. Especially if you want to make drums and percussion in-tune with the track :).

MORPH??? in the video there is a MORPH tab, is it PRESET Morph??? oh man, so excited!!!
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

I dont think its a preset morph, doesnt sound logical.

Return to “u-he”