Any news on 1.2 beta?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krismiller1982 wrote:Image
LOL ! :-)

You know what would be cool to have for the audition browser since it's context sensitive? A context for tracks. You could have a little plus button next to the last track, and when you click that Bitwig would show you all the stuff that you would want to create a track out of:
  • Midi instruments - so that you could load up a synth in one go instead of creating a track and then browsing for your instrument

Audio inputs - so you could create an audio track for your guitar or whatever in one go instead of creating a track and then selecting input.

Track templates - saved track setups, if they are ever added

Tracks from this project - So, if for example you have a guitar track with input selected and effects chain that you want to create another of, you can do it this way to save yourself from having to duplicate and then clear all of the clips out of the launcher and arrange

Tracks from other projects

Loops, samples, clips, scenes
Last edited by Ogopogo on Tue May 05, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ogopogo wrote:You know what would be cool to have for the audition browser since it's context sensitive? A context for tracks. You could have a little plus button next to the last track, and when you click that Bitwig would show you all the stuff that you would want to create a track out of:
  • Midi instruments - so that you could load up a synth in one go instead of creating a track and then browsing for your instrument

Audio inputs - so you could create an audio track for your guitar or whatever in one go instead of creating a track and then selecting input.

Tracks from this project - So, if for example you have a guitar track with input selected and effects chain that you want to create another of, you can do it this way to save yourself from having to duplicate and then clear all of the clips out of the launcher and arrange

Loops and samples
sounds nice!

Yeah, mostly I thought of this because of all the times that I realize I want to add a part to a project and then there's just enough clicking involved for it to be annoying. For example, I'm playing along with my guitar and I realize I want to record that bit. Or I've created a guitar part and added some effects to create a tone and then I realize I want to track another part along side it with the same sound. Since this is part of that early creation process that you want to flow, it's good to not have to get caught up setting up tracks all of the time.

Reaper had some stuff like this, you could right click and "create vsti track," or load up a track template right from that right click menu. There was also an action for "duplicate track without items." I used those a bunch.

what you could do is saving your device chains as fy layer presets or instrument layer presets, and you simply load up that ones. So hit your shortcut for creating a new track, then choose your preset from the browser. Would be the same wouldn't it? Apart from the plus symbol below a new track, that would be nice yea!

Unless you always use the same fx chains you'd have to go through the process of saving each time so that's kind of annoying. I also dislike using fx chains if I don't have to due to organization.

powermat wrote: 

:lol:

I am most looking forward to the new browser system.

Does anyone know if its possible to make your own tags for presets and if not will it be in 1.2?

Many of my Bitwig device creations need the "soundscape" or "atmospheric" tag but I can't figure out a way to do it. Maybe I should RTFM :)
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Custom tags aren't available now, I don't think we've heard anything about them being in 1.2 so far.

Ogopogo wrote:Custom tags aren't available now, I don't think we've heard anything about them being in 1.2 so far.
It kinda makes sense the way it is from a sharing standpoint because everyone has their own tagging conventions. However, I find myself often struggling to tag my devices with something that actually makes sense currently.

I have taken to prefixing the name of my presets with a short tag currently to get around this somewhat.

Hopefully it will eventually make it in or they will expand the tagging options.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

I definitely think they'll put it in. Some confusion when sharing is not as big of an issue as not being able to categorize your own stuff how you want.

Ogopogo wrote:You know what would be cool to have for the audition browser since it's context sensitive? A context for tracks. You could have a little plus button next to the last track, and when you click that Bitwig would show you all the stuff that you would want to create a track out of:

Loops, samples, clips, scenes
Also option for drum sequincer track type like that in fl studio. Soo when adding drum track you would be able to program tracks in a new editor where its step notes insteed of a pianoroll :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

A grid type drum editor would be a very good addition - with easy crescendos, etc. please :)

Return to “Bitwig”