Comprehensive Amplitube Gear List

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering what new gear models were in Amplitube 3 compared to what I already own (Amplitube 2, SVX, Metal and Hendrix) - basically I'm trying to decide whether my IK Group Buy freebie should be the Amp3 upgrade or not. I read that Amplitube 3 includes all of Metal and Hendrix, but not SVX or Fender, plus of course it has new models of its own. And there's the stuff in Amplitube 3 Free also.

Anyway, I couldn't find an easy-to-read answer to my question, and I was bored last Saturday, so I made my own.

Comprehensive Amplitube Gear List (webpage)

That's based on clicking on all 239 model descriptions in the Custom Shop and noting which products each model was included in, as well as what categories they were, their Custom Shop Gear Credits price, and a brief description of what hardware they were based on. (I was really, really bored.) For Amplitube 2 I lined up the old gear lists with the new model descriptions; I'm pretty sure I got them right. Ditto Amplitube 3 Free.

You can also download the above as a spreadsheet (.xls file) here:

Comprehensive Amplitube Gear List (spreadsheet)

I hope that some others find this useful. If you find any errors (reasonably likely), please do let me know and I'll fix it ASAP. On the other hand, I probably will NOT be making a serious effort to keep this list updated with new Custom Shop gear over time, so it's only truly a Comprehensive List as of August 20, 2011...
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej,
This should be very helpful. It is surprising to me the complexity of this custom shop. Thank you. :)

It's funny that just this weekend I was trying to use some of my jampoints to buy credit in the custom shop thing but since there's no easy way of filtering out all the things I already own I decided not to.

The custom shop doe snot score any points in the ease of use department, at least for someone that pretty much owns all the other amplitube stuff.

Nice, this will definitely come in handy. Thanks.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Nice little compilation! Thanks for this! We're still working on the Custom Shop so keep a look out for new Gear Models and new features still in the works! :)
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Restless wrote:It's funny that just this weekend I was trying to use some of my jampoints to buy credit in the custom shop thing but since there's no easy way of filtering out all the things I already own I decided not to.

The custom shop doe snot score any points in the ease of use department, at least for someone that pretty much owns all the other amplitube stuff.
The Custom Shop shows you the date of purchase for gear you already own. Plus, the easiest way to purchase new gear is to select it from the gear drop down menus. If you do not own it, it will appear greyed out with a lock icon next to it. Selecting it will launch the Custom Shop and give you the option to try or buy the model.

Ceej, great list, thanks mate!
Eternitysound VST Banks

Since the "Jampoints" drama-rama is still rolling, and IKM recently offered the American Vintage D for free, let's bump this one for people to "see" what's behind the abbreviations and renaming.

So there you go, plenty of info to burn your Monopoly money on.

(I'll also add this to my KVRmarks for those that keep track of my "emulation list" thing - definitely good work, Ceej)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I was just looking for exactly this kind of thing -- thanks!
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

Wow, this list is GOLDEN stuff! :) One of the things that annoy me about all those modellers is their "uncertain model" they're based on. This should be really handy. Thumbs up on the effort! ;)

I want to bump this old list, since I'm creating a cheat sheet for my studio in terms of "what amps" I actually have lying around on my HDD.

This list is great, and it's in my KVRMarks.
But was it ever updated in recent years?

I'm afraid it hasn't. It was a fair amount of manual work initially, and I never found a way to automate it. It really would be nice if IK offered a similar official supported list...
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

:borg:

Return to “Effects”