Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

S4410 wrote:Did anyone from Europe upgraded through Spectrasonics techshop?
I received the link via email in order to upgrade but the price i get (when converting $249 through paypal) is more than €199 (~ €230) so i didn't make the purchase.
I guess i have to buy from a local store (not available yet) in order to get a code on paper :(
Online shops from Germany or UK have this upgrade unavailable to my country or charge high prices for shipping.
It's wiser to wait...
I'm from Belgium and paid $199 (VIP upgrade) after receiving the upgrade link, which should translate in about 179 euro.
Buying, downloading and installing went very smoothly and took me about 1.30h
Last edited by PatrickW on Mon May 04, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK...after trouble with installing and authorization...SINCE LAST THURSDAY (!)....now Omni v2 works since 3 hours also on my system!

I guess, the first authorization codes (Thursday/Friday) I received codes were wrong.
Spectrasonics gave me this afternoon the oppurtunity to open my limit of authorization (normal limit = 5 authorizations within short time). And the first authorization today worked perfect.

After authorization I had trouble with the steamfolder link and we right Omnisphere.dll.

Administration rights for fixed link to the Steam folder:
Here I experimented with the folder and data rights, cause, the error message within Omnisphere said again and again, that the steamfolder link can't be build due to missing adminstration rights.
So I edited the adminstration rights on the "Spectrasonics" folder within "ProgramData". Also I had to edit the administration rights for the "Steam" ink. Then I started Omni v2 again and defined the Steam folder location. Then it worked!

Select right Omnisphere.dll:
After installing I had now 2 Omnisphere.dll >>> 1 in Steinberg/VST Plugins and 1 in the Spectrasonics folder (ProgrammData).
The Omnisphere.dll in the VST Plugin didn't work; there came directly error messages at opening.
But, the Omnisphere.dll within the Spectrasonics folder worked. So I exluded the dll in the VST Plugin folder in my daw and manually
selected the dll of the Spectrasonics folder. Yes....sounds confusing... :-) ...but it works now! :-)

Now I switch through all the sounds :-)
I read in the announcement, that there should be around 2.000-3.000 new patches.
If I filter in the Omnisphere browser via "Dev", I can select all the new 2.xx sounds/patches.
Cause I used Omnisphere v1 for a very long time, I was very curious, what they produced new especially for Pads/Strings. Here I see not "thousands" of new sounds...only a few number of new patches = only 25!.
I don't know so far, on which new soundsets they concentrated their work.

In order to could be sure, that only 25 new patches on Pads/Strings came with the upgrade...and not lost patches during installation, it would be very kind, if somebody of you could check it in your version.
I filtered "Omnisphere Library" then "Type" all then "Genre" all then "Dev" here I see only 2 versions with the patches behind: 2.0b7 and 2.0b8...if I count the patches behind = 25 in total.

rustyvst wrote:Not working for me. I am also VIP but can't get the upgrade. I get the msg not eligible? Do you have to uninstall and re- authorize omni 1?
When I got the email and started the ordering process, it only asked for my Omni serial and didn't say whether it was doing a VIP or standard upgrade. I hoped that it recognized that I had all the products registered. However, when the $199 showed up, so I knew then it did it correctly.

You entered your Omni serial, right?

Here's an installation curiosity:

Omni2 took a couple hours to download. When I did the STEAM install, it seemed to be finished within a couple minutes. Is that right?? Then when got info on the Omnisphere folder inside, it didn't show that it was modified on today's date, but shows 63.68GB. Yet when I launched Omni 2, it seems to be working fine. Sound right?

Bladerunner1962 wrote: Now I switch through all the sounds :-)
I read in the announcement, that there should be around 2.000-3.000 new patches.
If I filter in the Omnisphere browser via "Dev", I can select all the new 2.xx sounds/patches.
Cause I used Omnisphere v1 for a very long time, I was very curious, what they produced new especially for Pads/Strings. Here I see not "thousands" of new sounds...only a few number of new patches = only 25!.

In order to could be sure, that only 25 new patches on Pads/Strings came with the upgrade...and not lost patches during installation, it would be very kind, if somebody of you could check it in your version.
I filtered "Omnisphere Library" then "Type" all then "Genre" all then "Dev" here I see only 2 versions with the patches behind: 2.0b7 and 2.0b8...if I count the patches behind = 25 in total.
oh again Bladerunner has trouble/problems?
1st: nice to see that you decided right: you kept Omni2 instead of making trouble to get money back
2nd: why haven´t you read the "IMPORTANT!.PDF" ? then you should have seen, that you don´t have to touch the STEAM-folder!
3rd: there ARE many many new patches! it´s again YOU who seeing/doing/claiming that this is wrong - and why? because you again failed doing the right things! why have you choosen only 2.0b7 and 2.0b8? what´s with 2.0b9 and 2.0? HELLO *knocknock* and the ~25 you counted are not the patches, it´s the numbers of Artists :hyper: :dog:
but allways crying that Spectrasonics is annoying you?! why are they responsible for your "doing"?

come on guy: NOONE has THOSE porblems with Omni2 as YOU HAD! so think who is annoying who? :pray:

Bladerunner1962 wrote:I read in the announcement, that there should be around 2.000-3.000 new patches.

So there are 49 Omni 2 patches I count in pads and strings. To find the Omni 2 content, just select Version as a column, then Omni 2 - a lot simpler and more comprehensive than your method.

There really are over 2,500 new patches, and over 2,000 new soundsources. As most here know, I'm a huge fan of Spectrasonics and I'm a huge fan of Omni 2, but I think one area that still needs work is the new patch system - I don't think its yet as consistent as Omni 1, and it's easy to miss some fantastic stuff. I posted earlier that Seth Norman has contributed some amazing new synth leads in the EDM library, but none are tagged "synth lead" - anyone searching for Synth Lead in EDM will be underwhelmed and will be missing the best stuff.

So other places you might want to look at for more new Omni 2 pads might be Playable Textures, String Machines and Synth Poly.

You can go through the different categories with Omni 2 library selected, and see which ones have had the most action. I'd say the three with the most are ARPs, Textures Soundscape and Transition Effects.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
So there are 49 Omni 2 patches I count in pads and strings. To find the Omni 2 content, just select Version as a column, then Omni 2 - a lot simpler and more comprehensive than your method.

There really are over 2,500 new patches, and over 2,000 new soundsources. As most here know, I'm a huge fan of Spectrasonics and I'm a huge fan of Omni 2, but I think one area that still needs work is the new patch system - I don't think its yet as consistent as Omni 1, and it's easy to miss some fantastic stuff. I posted earlier that Seth Norman has contributed some amazing new synth leads in the EDM library, but none are tagged "synth lead" - anyone searching for Synth Lead in EDM will be underwhelmed and will be missing the best stuff.

So other places you might want to look at for more new Omni 2 pads might be Playable Textures, String Machines and Synth Poly.

You can go through the different categories with Omni 2 library selected, and see which ones have had the most action. I'd say the three with the most are ARPs, Textures Soundscape and Transition Effects.
Yes, they do need to improve the new tagging, because some of the best pads, for example, are in the "Playable textures" and not in the pads. I was underwhelmed with the pads at first until I discovered that the really good pads were in the "Playable Textures". :?

Just installed the VIP upgrade tonight. Followed the Installation PDF to the T and everything went perfectly. I'm going to have to find my way around as mentioned above, the tagging is a little light. Can't wait to get some down time to dig in.

My only qualm with Omni2 is how its deleted all my Guru Arp and envelope templates. They're all gone!

Kinh wrote:My only qualm with Omni2 is how its deleted all my Guru Arp and envelope templates. They're all gone!
Is it possible to save the mseg envelopes? How?

Kinh wrote:My only qualm with Omni2 is how its deleted all my Guru Arp and envelope templates. They're all gone!
I think the default locations for user env/arp presets are changed with v2. So you need to move the from old to new location for those to show up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niRenR9v8FE
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

Tjivory wrote:Is it possible to save the mseg envelopes? How?
Go into the envelope zoom view, and then click on the white down arrow to the right of the words "ENVELOPE ZOOM":

LarsErik wrote:
roger_milford wrote:
LarsErik wrote:So anyone got the Trilian library working in Omnisphere 2?

I can see the presets but when trying to load a preset I get: "Cannot load SoundSource "<name of soundsource>" because Directory "trilogy Library" not found.

Loading the Trilian plug-in everything works just fine, so yeah.. something is wrong.
I have it working fine this side, the Trilian interface loads no problem into the Omnisphere 2 shell.
Simple question I know but did you run the installer to update Trilian ?
Yup.. didn't help.
Ok, so now the problem is solved. I didn't get the Trilian and Moog Tribute setup.exe-files in my first download.

Has anyone had any issues with backwards compatibility with older projects?

Are patches and settings all recalling & sounding correctly?

Any issues to be aware of?

I can't afford to have any glitches and modifying previous projects is crucial to my workflow, any feedback appreciated!

The ' New ' way of ' SHARING ' to install commercial ( or free ) Sounds/Patches/Audio lets you install all you need with a *.omnisphere file.
http://support.spectrasonics.net/manual ... index.html
i hope all Sounddesigners are updating their commercial Files for the new Format, at least they should cause we payed :)

btw. TechShop is back up for buying omni1 and/or upgrading to omni2

Return to “Instruments”