Komplete 10 Update (from K 2-9) sometimes on sale? cheaper?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i checked out the update offer on NI and it says that it costs 699 bucks to update from komplete 7.
was there also/is there sometimes an offer for updateprices from NI?

and is there a cheaper updatepossibility (outside germany ;D)?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

NI have had a summer sale for the last few years where everything is 50% off. From memory it's normally around June-July, so it's probably worth holding off for a while.

andrew71 wrote:NI have had a summer sale for the last few years where everything is 50% off. From memory it's normally around June-July, so it's probably worth holding off for a while.
thanks a lot! wow, didnt know that updates were also on sale :).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I have Komplete 8 and decided not to upgrade to V9 and V10. I did not see any compelling reason to upgrade unless at least Kontakt 6 or Absynth 6 was included. But this was not to be. I suspect that in V11 one or both will be included.

What will like be the upgrade path to Komplete 11 from V8? Will it be wise to upgrade to V9 (or V10) to get a good upgrade deal to V11? In the V10 the best upgrade path was form V8 and V9. By this formula V9 and V10 will be the best upgrade path to Komplete 11 whenever it is released.

Like Caine I also "didnt know that updates were also on sale :)" In my case I may not need to upgrade to V10 and may find a used V9 for less.

There was only one price for the upgrade to K9 it doesn't matter if you had K2 or K8 as NI keeps their upgrade pricing the same for any semi-recent older version. It makes sense not to upgrade every time.. ;)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:There was only one price for the upgrade to K9 it doesn't matter if you had K2 or K8 as NI keeps their upgrade pricing the same for any semi-recent older version. It makes sense not to upgrade every time.. ;)
Dang! I must be blind or something worst. I misread the K10 ad.
You are the bearer of good news and I love good news. :)
So now I will just wait for Komplete 11 to be released and hope
Kontakt 6, Absynth 6 and Reaktor 6 are included.

Kalamata Kid wrote:
murnau wrote:There was only one price for the upgrade to K9 it doesn't matter if you had K2 or K8 as NI keeps their upgrade pricing the same for any semi-recent older version. It makes sense not to upgrade every time.. ;)
Dang! I must be blind or something worst. I misread the K10 ad.
You are the bearer of good news and I love good news. :)
So now I will just wait for Komplete 11 to be released and hope
Kontakt 6, Absynth 6 and Reaktor 6 are included.
do you really think kontakt 6 will be already released this year? cause i wanted to upgrade in the next 2-3 months as so many great libraries are out there which need 5 and i only have 4 :(

Guess this is different if you upgrade from Komplete Ultimate, as in the latest Kontrol S bundle promo only KU8 and KU9 are eligible for the KU10 deal.

Update is only $199 but will go on sale sometime
Caine123 wrote:i checked out the update offer on NI and it says that it costs 699 bucks to update from komplete 7.
was there also/is there sometimes an offer for updateprices from NI?

and is there a cheaper updatepossibility (outside germany ;D)?

Fleer wrote:
Guess this is different if you upgrade from Komplete Ultimate, as in the latest Kontrol S bundle promo only KU8 and KU9 are eligible for the KU10 deal.
But that's not the usual upgrade as you already said it is a promo when you buy the Kontrol S. Here we talked about the usual upgrade of Komplete.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Fleer wrote:
As far as I know, there is no KU7, or ultimate for any version before 8. So only KU8 and KU9 are eligible to upgrade to KU10, because they're the only previous ultimate versions to exist.

Learning something new everyday. Cheers :tu:

i think now is the right time to get it dont you think? ;D

cause on the hotline from NI he said a komplete 11 shouldnt be out soon, so i guess next year! i need kontakt 5 etc, so i guess i should hop on this 349 bucks offer.

Yup... I thinking of this too :)

Im thinking of getting the K10U upgrade, as Ive a new laptop and cannot face the hours of installing from DVD.

questions:
- do you have to install all content from the included drive, or can some of it be run directly from the drive (sample content)
- does the installer make it easy add/remove content from your mac.*

* I seem to remember on the K9 DVDs you could choose to install the separate applications, but there were very limited options about which Kontakt libraries were installed (which of course its what takes up so much disk space, and take so long to install)

really, I just want Komplete/Kontakt to be a bit easier to install/manage :)

I guess it is coming this month and JRR announced first?
https://www.jrrshop.com/computer-softwa ... e=1&type=3

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”