Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

tenfingers wrote:Has anyone had any issues with backwards compatibility with older projects?

Are patches and settings all recalling & sounding correctly?

Any issues to be aware of?

I can't afford to have any glitches and modifying previous projects is crucial to my workflow, any feedback appreciated!
I've tried a handfull of my current Cubase 8 and Maschine 2.0 projects and they sounded and worked just like they did before.

On the opening screen, what does "Satellites" mean?
Snap1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cwig wrote:On the opening screen, what does "Satellites" mean?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cwig wrote:On the opening screen, what does "Satellites" mean?
Snap1.jpg
That's for activating the launch code sequence and destroying Apple, sending Alchemy back to where it came from.

Or it could just be a direct link to Syrus Radio.

:shrug:

My guess is that it refers to Trilian working remotely from within Omnisphere.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

noiseboyuk wrote: ...As most here know, I'm a huge fan of Spectrasonics and I'm a huge fan of Omni 2...
You don't say.

noiseboyuk wrote: So there are 49 Omni 2 patches I count in pads and strings. To find the Omni 2 content, just select Version as a column, then Omni 2 - a lot simpler and more comprehensive than your method.

There really are over 2,500 new patches, and over 2,000 new soundsources. As most here know, I'm a huge fan of Spectrasonics and I'm a huge fan of Omni 2, but I think one area that still needs work is the new patch system - I don't think its yet as consistent as Omni 1, and it's easy to miss some fantastic stuff. I posted earlier that Seth Norman has contributed some amazing new synth leads in the EDM library, but none are tagged "synth lead" - anyone searching for Synth Lead in EDM will be underwhelmed and will be missing the best stuff.

So other places you might want to look at for more new Omni 2 pads might be Playable Textures, String Machines and Synth Poly.

You can go through the different categories with Omni 2 library selected, and see which ones have had the most action. I'd say the three with the most are ARPs, Textures Soundscape and Transition Effects.
@noiseboyuk : thank you very much for the research and the info!
Yes...I saw already the different filter options also on the different versions of v2xx and v2 in total.

49 patches in v2 in pads and strings.....ok...perhaps my expectations were to high :lol: ....cause I'm also a big fan of Omnisphere.
With v1 they generated a real "firework" as they launched Omnisphere through all the musicians in comparison to other VSTi. But meanwhile also the other VSTi make a great job.
I'm ownest: I went yesterday so far crisscross through hundrets of the v2 patches...the "adventure" is different in comparison how the feeling was way back with v1.
But I know, that a lot of musicians love all that atmosphere/distortion sounds, which I for myself don't need.

Whatever...Omnisphere will be further one of my favourite VSTi.

Good hint, to look also through textures...I will check it out...also all the other sounds.

"For some other users here" in the forum: I'm not an "over loyal" consumer in accepting everything which causes trouble and steal/wasting my time. I'm a heavy user in making music (produce videos). So, I'm not a newbie on software installing/using. Yes...I read all installation manuals in general more times :tu: But, if I receive wrong installers...also this doesn't help :ud: .
I use all the different forums in order get or provide help or for experience exchange...NOT to attack members! :uhuhuh: ...sometimes I have the impression, that people are paid for :P

tenfingers wrote:Has anyone had any issues with backwards compatibility with older projects?

I can't afford to have any glitches and modifying previous projects is crucial to my workflow, any feedback appreciated!
So far no problems with backwards compatibility.

Codestation wrote:

So far no problems with backwards compatibility.
Sorry, but there is a serious backwards compatibility issue with the ARP. In fact, there is a serious bug in it that really needs to be taken care of. I posted about it either earlier in this thread or in another thread.

quantum7 wrote: Yes, they do need to improve the new tagging, because some of the best pads, for example, are in the "Playable textures" and not in the pads. I was underwhelmed with the pads at first until I discovered that the really good pads were in the "Playable Textures". :?
Same with me yesterday as I went through the pads.
Ok, even I went already through hundrets of patches...I'll have again a look into the playable textures.

If I go especially through the new v2 patches it takes often a long loading time (using Windows 7 64bit, i7, 16gb).
The "old" v1 patches are loading fast as before in Omni v1.

Is this normal? Is there a fix?

Bladerunner1962 wrote:If I go especially through the new v2 patches it takes often a long loading time (using Windows 7 64bit, i7, 16gb).

Blimey you do run into a lot of problems, eh?! No difference here, all load equally (of course it depends on the size of the patch, but it always has).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Bladerunner1962 wrote:If I go especially through the new v2 patches it takes often a long loading time (using Windows 7 64bit, i7, 16gb).

I've always noticed that some patches load faster than others. I imagine it has more to do with sample size than Omnisphere version. They probably went hog-wild on some of the new sound sources. Also, I just realized that with some of the convolution stuff they probably are loading impulses too.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

For me also Omnisphere 2 is very slow for loading patches (and the UI when starting an instance). Omnisphere 1 was way faster.
The patches are really great so far. From all synths i have i would rate the amount of good patches (compared to the content) on the second place. Dune 2 is the king for me (and i don't do mainly EDM). A lot of the magic in some patches are mainly because of the already processed sound sources. I used my own and now that i compared it with other tools i think that it is really great but not the hybrid synth Nr.1 (for my taste) when it comes to create unique textures.
However, it is a really wonderful tool and in general maybe the best soft synth if you look for something which could be your all in one workstation. For a few special areas.... yep.... there are some better things out there of course.

I also noticed some of the new patches taking longer to load. I'm on Windows 7 Pro/ 64 bit, i7 6 core 3.33 GHz in Cubase 6.5. On the other hand the old patches load quickly as well as Trillian. I have not had the time to really compare version 1 with Omni 2 so it may indeed be that some of the newer patches are larger. All in all, I'm happy with the upgrade as Omnisphere is one of my most-used VSTi's.

Return to “Instruments”