SampleTank 3: Announcing three exclusive new sound collections

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The acoustic guitar library sounds interesting. Can you give us some more background information, Peter, like you did on the drum libraries?

Thank you, Peter, for that information - that helps a lot - I'll look at the videos later today.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

chili beans wrote:Hey there, slightly off/on topic, does IK Multimedia have any plans for a midi guitar controller? Im a guitar player and but i do alot of hip hop type stuff, its hard to get a realistic guitar sound sequencing with a midi keyboard., especially strumming.
I will relay your suggestion but at this time I know of no plans to do so.

raintalk wrote:Now this is the kind of content I had hope to see for Sampletank 3 in the CS!

Good stuff - release more!

What happens for CS downloads? IK known to block your download after some period of time unless you buy a new download.

Do these come down in some manner that you can actually back them up?

Hard drives still crash. Sad, but true.
You still download from your IK User Area so you can back those files up.

Fleer wrote:The acoustic guitar library sounds interesting. Can you give us some more background information, Peter, like you did on the drum libraries?
I'll see what kind of background info I can get about the sessions.

Rapture Pro is a cheaper and better alternative. :-)
Intro price 79 euro :tu:

That's the upgrade pricing you mention, for those interested... $149 introductory pricing otherwise. It doesn't seem a 1:1 comparison anyway, as even the bread and butter are reported to be not very traditional so while it is all subjective and I'm sure it really does what it sets out to do very well, the comparison seems a bit off (not to mention more than triple the core library size, more effects and they are T-RackS and AmpliTube effects built right into your workstation, etc). You can read some of the comments about the instruments being geared toward something different than ST3 (and see the correct intro pricing in the article) on Synthtopia if interested http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/ ... available/

Anyway, on topic of the new sound libraries and things that are actually more like SampleTank 3... Here's the American Acoustic Guitar video since I had suggested viewing the videos above and did not link to any:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YteKVs9knY

Cheers Peter :tu:

Looking forward to the American Electric Basses... Peter.

As the co-producer of these drum libraries I can offer you my thoughts on them in SampleTank 3. As an avid user of SampleTank myself for many years, I have always wanted to use these sounds on the SampleTank platform but we all wanted to wait until SampleTank 3 so it could have all the possibilities that come with it.

In terms of value, what you get here besides the premium content (Kits and grooves) is the fact that it is formatted specifically for SampleTank 3. The combination of sounds plus this engine is what's unique about it. You've got built in T-Racks analog model effects and an engine that is just about the fastest tool to write and produce music with ever. At least this is how it is for me. SampleTank is my Swiss Army Knife "go to" staple piece. I have tons of other plug-ins but this is where I go first and I know that there are many thousands of other musicians who also do. So... quite simply this high caliber product was made for the SampleTank user who wants top quality drums in that format. It's been a long time coming and now it's here! If you don't GET what's so great about drum samples in SampleTank 3 then maybe look into it more and try it out for yourself or perhaps go enjoy talking about whatever else you like instead. I've never understood why it was worth anyone's time on KVR to continue bashing someone's product. It's really disrespectful IMO and offers nothing good back.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. I suggest that any new lurkers reading this or anyone who's open minded and likes great drums just look into this more and think about it. You're in the creative flow and you call up Neil Peart's kit and you know that Rush's producer recorded this kit with the BEST mics in the world from Ocean Way through Neves and it's Neil's custom kit, the best kit DW could make for one of the top rock drummers in the world! You have that inside an engine that you can "produce" right inside the software using its awesome built in studio fx... then save that back for instant recall! If that isn't worth $79 then I don't know what is! To me if it inspires just ONE song it's worth that price. Having this on hand means you're building a library of inspiration in a format that just promotes "creative flow". You don't want that???? I do! Most musicians I know do too. I'd want as many great drum kits in ST as I could get because I'd use them... and I will when it happens. I'm grateful to IK for partnering up with SR to make these libraries exist! Not just because I own Sonic Reality but because I'm a musician, songwriter and producer myself. I can't wait to start using the new SampleTank 3 libraries that are coming out!

My 3 cents. Carry on! But, try not to miss what's great here. Premium quality material we're talking about and very musically useful.

Is the Terry Bossio kit gonna be released for sample tank 3? It has roto toms!

bill45 wrote:Is the Terry Bossio kit gonna be released for sample tank 3? It has roto toms!
The Terry Bozzio kit is definitely something we could do :) We will have some more libraries coming so keep an eye on our site and see what's next.

sorry Squids i disagree here a little bit

and i don´t see in previus post that someone has bashed the product itselves

myselves , as an Platinum Sonic Reality / esoundz user which has buy many many of your products , and also own the Neil Peart Kit for Kontakt and BFD (already paid twice for the same recordings and kits for an different engine) and see that the price for the same kit just for Sampletank 3 are much higher , you already can think how that is feeling as an customer

for myselves , paying again for the same recordings and kits (the 3rd time) just made for sampletank 3 are definetly a no go for me , if there would be an upgrade path or something like this i had thinking about again

sorry to say this again from the Customer Perspective

These are sold through IK, and since they are specifically for SampleTank 3 you would need to purchase them if you'd like to use the kits in SampleTank 3 to take advantage of any features you enjoy there, or the built-in T-RackS & AmpliTube effects, etc. So... the best way to defray the cost if one is interested in this version (whether they have the others or not - and note that it has been explained that they are not more expensive than the others above - even without these incentives) is for IK users to use the 25 credits that were given recently to SampleTank 3 SE and SampleTank 3 full users if not used already - or IK users may use JamPoints they may have in their IK account from other purchases to defray up to 30% of the cost.

i do not care if its sold via ikm , when the recordings etc are comes from sonic reality / esoundz based on the same recording sessions

ok now i say it directly how it feels as decribed above , this feels a completly rip off for existing customer if you already own one or both of the other formats

its incomprehensibly from an customer sight , sorry

Return to “Instruments”