Alpha Juno PG-300 clone++

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@Daags:

Yes, I was only responding to mtzk there, I replied to your previous post specifically earlier, just scroll up if you haven't read it yet. I can definitely program in a bank of programmable chords into the JunoCTRL if you want that, it would only take a couple of hours of work. I could for example make the JunoCTRL capable of holding 8 different programmable chords which you could switch between by pressing the CHORD + ASSIGN and then wiggling one of the 8 envelope knobs. Would that work for you?

dmorr wrote:@Daags:

Yes, I was only responding to mtzk there, I replied to your previous post specifically earlier, just scroll up if you haven't read it yet. I can definitely program in a bank of programmable chords into the JunoCTRL if you want that, it would only take a couple of hours of work. I could for example make the JunoCTRL capable of holding 8 different programmable chords which you could switch between by pressing the CHORD + ASSIGN and then wiggling one of the 8 envelope knobs. Would that work for you?

that would be the daags bollox!
( translation: very good and most appreciated... already calculating the next few weeks budget to save for a unit ;) )

would midi control of chord selection be pushing it ? :D

@ Daags:
would midi control of chord selection be pushing it ? :D
Actually, the answer to that is kind of technical. It is something I could possibly implement, but there are some technical limitations in the current software. Why don't you send me an email info@midiclub.net and I will email you back explaining in more detail what those limitations are.

Cheers!

-Dylan

Jesus, people. This is a control surface for the MKS-50 and Alpha Juno keyboards, NOT a "chord memorizer." Perhaps consider learning how to actually PLAY chords (you know, using more than one finger). It's not that hard.

To the developer, great job! I have a Kiwi Patch Editor for use with my hardware synths. But I like the idea of having a compact dedicated controller for my MKS-50. I will be ordering one!
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

What a charmer :roll:

First of all, the developer has already put a chord memory on the device - or did you overlook that ?
I can't speak for mtzk, but all I asked was that he increse the memory from 1 chord to 16 or therabouts, which would bridge the functionality gap between the keyboard (alpha juno 2) and the rack version (that fancy mks-50 you've got, with which you clearly don't use the chord memories - and anyone who does is clearly a lazy moron, right?)

Secondly, he says he could knock that up in a couple of hours. No one is asking him to move mountains.

Thirdly, instead of buying expensive controllers for synths that often retail for more than the synth itself "why don't you just learn how to actually PROGRAM synths (you know, using your brain and more than one finger). It's not that hard."

Finally, try to be less derisive when shitting on other customers feedback and feature requests. I know, it's the internet, and that entitles you to talk out of your arsehole, but just try it and see what you think.
Gadget Fiend wrote:Jesus, people. This is a control surface for the MKS-50 and Alpha Juno keyboards, NOT a "chord memorizer." Perhaps consider learning how to actually PLAY chords (you know, using more than one finger). It's not that hard.

To the developer, great job! I have a Kiwi Patch Editor for use with my hardware synths. But I like the idea of having a compact dedicated controller for my MKS-50. I will be ordering one!

What a hyper-sensitive boob. :roll:

"Boo hoo hoo. Someone suggested that I actually learn to play an instrument. Now my butt hurts really bad. I'm done with the Internet!"
Daags wrote: Thirdly, instead of buying expensive controllers for synths that often retail for more than the synth itself "why don't you just learn how to actually PROGRAM synths (you know, using your brain and more than one finger). It's not that hard."
I know you are trying to be clever here. But this doesn't even make sense. FYI, there is nothing worse than trying to be clever and failing miserably. It just makes you come across as an even bigger idiot.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

it makes about as much sense as the statement it is mocking. so ya, it makes no sense.

carry on.

edit..
Last edited by mztk on Sun May 10, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mztk wrote:
Gadget Fiend wrote:What a hyper-sensitive boob. :roll:

"Boo hoo hoo. Someone suggested that I actually learn to play an instrument. Now my butt hurts really bad. I'm done with the Internet!"

I know you are trying to be clever here. But this doesn't even make sense. FYI, there is nothing worse than trying to be clever and failing miserably. It just makes you come across as an even bigger idiot.

that's a pathetic attitude to come into a discussion with, gadget fiend. it's getting boring
reading that kind of bitchy post of forums. (have you no self-repect? :lol: )

the chord feature is an essential aspect of the alpha series. nothing to do with being
able to play chords, as you get a different effect, it is more electro (i mean in the old
school sense, not the junk that gets called that now)- this is a good opportunity to get
in there early on a product/project and request useful features.

i'd suggest a number of user memories, PLUS a bank of all the main chords. Bomer's means
having to use a PC, for a start. for mks50 owners this would be an improvement too, as
it'd be easier than programming it internally for chords. and as the original sends out its
chords over MIDI, it'd have a wider use, for chording other instruments.
absolutely mztk, co-signed.

as far as gadget fiend goes ... check his post history. trolling seems to be a past-time of his.

how about *restoring the arpeggiator* to the alpha?
ie: ju6/60 have one, classic polysynth feature(hahaaaa:
make it clockable by external!?)

(and: if doing rom/ram chords.. would sort-by-scale be possible?)
(ie: when active, all thru notes conform to chosen scale)
(would it be possible in eg: 2u rack deskbox :) )

lol: Daags: you get fired up @ Mushy for Haagen Daags
and then come up with The Daags Bollox...
wdf?

huh ?
feel free to PM me if you're really determined to talk about off-topic stuff.

Daags wrote:as far as gadget fiend goes ... check his post history. trolling seems to be a past-time of his.
In the World According to Daags, trolling = someone disagreeing with him.

"Your suggestion was and is stupid."

Now that's trolling. :D

Hey everyone,

Phew, seems like we got a bit off topic here, no problem. It would be cool however if a moderator could remove all posts not related to the topic of this post, just because I would like to make the dialogue we've started in here more linear and accessible for people interesting in our controller.

@ mtzk :

Regarding the arpeggiator, that's a good suggestion. You're right, it's a feature that the previous roland junos had, and it would make the Alpha Juno better for performance. However, it would require us to modify the case, add extra buttons/switches, and it would take me at least a few weeks just to program a solid bug-free arpeggiator integrated into our unit. We just don't have the time, and our controller already offers a lot of extra features that the original PG-300 doesn't. Fortunately, products like Mutable Instrument's MIDIpal exist, which people could use as a hardware option for adding an arpeggiator to their setup. But yea, unfortunately we won't be able to add an arpeggiator for a while, would be a great feature though. Maybe we'll think about that in a later release.

dmorr wrote: It would be cool however if a moderator could remove all posts not related to the topic of this post, just because I would like to make the dialogue we've started in here more linear and accessible for people interesting in our controller.

+1

fyi: midipal has been discontinued for 8 months or so.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”