"Instrument-container"

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I try to make "container" where the fisrt instrument is the container itself (without a extra-level).
For Instruments + FX behind it is working fine, now i look for a way that a midi-fx, e.g. the note/octave-shifter is the "container". but midi-fx dont have this collaps-arrow and dragging an instrument into their gui also dosnt work.
So is there a way or do i need a regular container?

thx!

effect layer device doesn't work for you?

As said, with "layer/container" it works fine, but i try to avoid this extra nesting, for fewer clicks and more space.

Sorry but i do not fully understand what you mean it seems.

When you have an instrument and another device behind, you can group them with alt+g into an instrument layer.

When you only have non instrument devices and group them, you'll get an fx layer.

Any of these devices go the plus symbol next to it to insert new devices.

Could you maybe elaborate this more? thx

Suloo wrote:Sorry but i do not fully understand what you mean it seems.

When you have an instrument and another device behind, you can group them with alt+g into an instrument layer.

When you only have non instrument devices and group them, you'll get an fx layer.

Any of these devices go the plus symbol next to it to insert new devices.

Could you maybe elaborate this more? thx

Sulor cool btw hot did you mange to put them into a layer in a chain without open layer? I only know of holding shift and drag but then they end up parallel and not in serial...

Btw anyway i recommend learn using device chain insteed of layer because of the comming grouping...
i mean alot of these will make project easely cluttering especially when folder is added. Not a tip just my preference and thought of it :)
a.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Select the devices you wanna group, then hit cmd+g (not alt+g, i was wrong here above) ;)

@suloo:

i meant a "group" WITHOUT a group container, like instrument layer.
With VSTi+ (audio) FX behind this is possible - dragging the fx in this small area for hosting a fx in the VSTi. So i can save a CHAIN/Container without a extra-container.
Polysynth & co has this note-fx field - putting e.g. the octave-shifter there it will work as would it be before the instrument.
VSTi dosnt have a dedicated NOTE-Fx-field, so a note fx is really placed behind the instrument (audio-out) and of course dosnt do anything at this routing-point.

So, if i really wanted this i had to use e.g. the FX-layer (your alt+g). But i dont need it really, i learned the big plus-button (before the VST) and the pitch shifter is in this no-scroll-area, it takes me 2 seconds to put it in, and also all my reaktor-instruments allready have a integrated octave-shift. This 2 seconds, for some vsti i seldom use - i really can life with;-)))

The Q came up this morning, when i start to integrate my VST into BW, its allready gone, i´m quite happy with this whole browser/device/preset-thing. thank you.

But a complete other Q: I really often see here small movies - how do u do that? Are this really mp4 / mov files? where do u host this? allows kvr so big files?

DJ-Superherpes wrote:@suloo:

i meant a "group" WITHOUT a group container, like instrument layer.
With VSTi+ (audio) FX behind this is possible - dragging the fx in this small area for hosting a fx in the VSTi. So i can save a CHAIN/Container without a extra-container.
Polysynth & co has this note-fx field - putting e.g. the octave-shifter there it will work as would it be before the instrument.
VSTi dosnt have a dedicated NOTE-Fx-field, so a note fx is really placed behind the instrument (audio-out) and of course dosnt do anything at this routing-point.

So, if i really wanted this i had to use e.g. the FX-layer (your alt+g). But i dont need it really, i learned the big plus-button (before the VST) and the pitch shifter is in this no-scroll-area, it takes me 2 seconds to put it in, and also all my reaktor-instruments allready have a integrated octave-shift. This 2 seconds, for some vsti i seldom use - i really can life with;-)))

The Q came up this morning, when i start to integrate my VST into BW, its allready gone, i´m quite happy with this whole browser/device/preset-thing. thank you.

But a complete other Q: I really often see here small movies - how do u do that? Are this really mp4 / mov files? where do u host this? allows kvr so big files?
No as youself say you cant nest fx-note into a vsti from thirdparties! Go to support on bitwigs page and feature request it :) in meantime you can use chain or intrumentlayer. I prefer chain because keeping mixer as clean from extra pop ups as possible :) the instrumentlayer adds extra track on mixer like group folder will be like. And when group comes in bitwig 1.2 this will make it more messy. But for parallel processing i use layer :) again just my preferences. Do what u guys want that feels best :) and suloo thanks for shortcut! Do you know anymore hidden shortcuts ?;) i know hold ctrl+ doubleklick on a clip and you go to edit clip specific view
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

for video (gif) creation: http://www.cockos.com/licecap/
Just upload to any image hoster, copy the link, and put it into image tags.

another shortcut? hm, i use alt+a often for deactivating objects. Still not included in the documentation i think.

@Dj, ok i see your point, this might become posible with 2.0, when you can extend every device with a nested slot i hope.

Thx for the link - seems really useful!

Return to “Bitwig”