Available Now Inner Space for Dune 2. 240 patches. 30 Free Presets

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:OK I have done the LFOs now, I think the first synth part is complete. I don't think I will do the FX, they would add too many user pages for this to be practical, and I can't do the MSEGs as they really need a mouse.

Now I *just* need to repeat the whole thing for the other 7 synth layers :scared:
Oh god this is going to get messy, I'm wondering if it is worth doing all 8 layers, most patches just use 1 or 2, the most I have found is a few that use 6?

aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:OK I have done the LFOs now, I think the first synth part is complete. I don't think I will do the FX, they would add too many user pages for this to be practical, and I can't do the MSEGs as they really need a mouse.

Now I *just* need to repeat the whole thing for the other 7 synth layers :scared:
Oh god this is going to get messy, I'm wondering if it is worth doing all 8 layers, most patches just use 1 or 2, the most I have found is a few that use 6?
Depends. If you're being a completist about it, then yes. For the usage you get on most patches though it's kind of redundant. I don't think I've ever used more than 5 layers myself, and that was just mostly just doubling stuff up. Four or five seems to be the highest from what I've seen, in general.

Just checking your website out. There's a lot of stuff there that I could use. I'll have to hurry up and get all the other stuff out of the way, so I can do that Blue 2 bank. It's only polite :D
The Ogun one and few others are of particular interest. I multisampled a bunch of stuff from that and made some real cool Kontakt instruments, with some very metallic Impulse responses, for a project I was working on using that as a sound source a while back. There's a whole bunch of mettalics hits I'd like to try morphing with that. :borg:
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

You're right, I shall be pragmatic and not make a gazillion controls for every layer - for now this is just based on "all" so affects all layers. If I add another 8 layers it will get too complex, this is for tweaks when playing, not sound design.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... mplate.ksd

And bump, I was playing your patches last night, very playable. Looking forwards to see what you can do with Blue 2 (it would be the first third party Blue 2 bank so should sell well).

aMUSEd wrote:You're right, I shall be pragmatic and not make a gazillion controls for every layer - for now this is just based on "all" so affects all layers. If I add another 8 layers it will get too complex, this is for tweaks when playing, not sound design.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... mplate.ksd

And bump, I was playing your patches last night, very playable. Looking forwards to see what you can do with Blue 2 (it would be the first third party Blue 2 bank so should sell well).
Thanks for the template will check it out soon. As for the Blue 2 thing, may be it will sell well. The Predator one did okay. It probably would have done better if I'd sold it at a lower price. Initially it went for $40 rising to $50 for 658 patches. I later found out the Predator player goes for $59 with 4400 presets, so obviously I wasn't competitive. The Blade set I did before it pretty much tanked, even though it's one of the few soundsets you can get for that synth (Blade is sadly misunderstood and underrated imo). Rob's synth's are really good and have a wide following, but I've got the feeling that since they often come with a lot of presets that people don't bother looking for any more. I'll try with Blue 2 though, mainly because I want to make some presets for myself and also because I've got a bit more savvy with promo since then. It's probably a good idea to get a bit more recognition on some more popular synths such as Serum and Massive before hand. Hive has everybody going crazy so it's probably a good idea to do something for that while it's hot. Whether a Blue 2 set will do well...Who knows? Maybe the third time is the charm as far Rob's synth's go.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

yemski wrote:Rob's synth's are really good and have a wide following, but I've got the feeling that since they often come with a lot of presets that people don't bother looking for any more.
They do but tbh I much prefer Jomal's presets in Blue 2 to Rob's, I think he is the only one who really made good use of the new B2 features like the XY and also he makes great complex soundscapes and pads; I wish there was a lot more like that.

aMUSEd wrote:
yemski wrote:Rob's synth's are really good and have a wide following, but I've got the feeling that since they often come with a lot of presets that people don't bother looking for any more.
They do but tbh I much prefer Jomal's presets in Blue 2 to Rob's, I think he is the only one who really made good use of the new B2 features like the XY and also he makes great complex soundscapes and pads; I wish there was a lot more like that.
I like Jomal's style a lot. To the degree that I've studied some of his techniques and integrated some of them into my own sound design.

Bumping myself. Because, if you own Dune 2, this is about as good as it gets. Seriously, check out the demos for yourself.

Yemski, great work!!

I tried the free presets and I'll be picking up the rest in a week or so. Fantastic sounds.

:o :hyper: :clap:
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:Yemski, great work!!

I tried the free presets and I'll be picking up the rest in a week or so. Fantastic sounds.

:o :hyper: :clap:
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. I've recently started using Cytospur's wavetables and will be revisiting that synth, at some point in the future with this extra content included. In the meantime, if you own or are considering buying Hive, I'm about half way through making a big set for that synth, (probably about 200 to 250 patches). So watch out there as well. :phones:

Back on topic, Dune 2 is a wicked synth and it was a real pleasure to program. It's a real encouragement to hear that others enjoy my work. So once again, thanks for the props.

yemski wrote:In the meantime, if you own or are considering buying Hive, I'm about half way through making a big set for that synth, (probably about 200 to 250 patches).
I've just posted a Kore template for that too:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=438229

aMUSEd wrote:
yemski wrote:In the meantime, if you own or are considering buying Hive, I'm about half way through making a big set for that synth, (probably about 200 to 250 patches).
I've just posted a Kore template for that too:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=438229
Wicked, top stuff.

That Blue 2 set I'm planning better be good on my part. :D

Thought I'd remind Dune 2 fans out there. Is this a bump? Probably.

A little late in the game, but just bought this today.
Some really great sounds in this set - especially the pads and arps.
Would be interesting to hear what you can do with Dune 2's new features.
:tu:

Return to “Soundware”