AVICII Wake me up kick!

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody know how to get the acoustic feel Avicii gets to his kick in wake me up? I think the kick is masterkick witch he used in his In the studio with future music video and he uses alot of waves so he probably has some waves plugin on it aswell but does anyone know where to look for these types of kicks?

https://soundcloud.com/grillmarketing/a ... radio-edit

Maybe use an acoustic kick sample and layer it with a punchier kick that has the highs/snap filtered off.

I must say its not any special kick its just simple kick. 808 soft kick. with some click.

U should go to producer loops. and search for kicks there is toons of them. The kick itself here do not do the melody.

I've just sampled the kick from Avicii's 'Wake Me Up'. I tried my best to sample it as clean as possible.:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kt574 ... +Me+Up.wav
(ignore the media player, just copy&paste the URL and download it)

This kick is very similar to other kick drums that he uses in his many of his tracks. It's also the same kick as the one he used in 'Lay Me Down (Avicii by Avicii)'. I found out (by lots of analyzing) that he actually made that kick by combining one of his signature kicks (the one he used in tracks like 'I Could Be The One', 'Speed', and more..) with another kick (probably the same one that he used in 'Liar Liar (Avicii by Avicii)'.

If you want to create a kick like that with just a 'simple' soft 808 kick, you're gonna have a bad time.. To create kicks like this from scratch, you need to spend lots of time on processing and/or layering. If you don't have a lot of experience with creating kick drums, you're probably just better of by sampling some good kicks from existing songs.
Turn off your Brain & Turn on your Heart

I cant believe this is real life.
ImageImageImageImage

Ari-S wrote:I've just sampled the kick from Avicii's 'Wake Me Up'. I tried my best to sample it as clean as possible.:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kt574 ... +Me+Up.wav
(ignore the media player, just copy&paste the URL and download it)

This kick is very similar to other kick drums that he uses in his many of his tracks. It's also the same kick as the one he used in 'Lay Me Down (Avicii by Avicii)'. I found out (by lots of analyzing) that he actually made that kick by combining one of his signature kicks (the one he used in tracks like 'I Could Be The One', 'Speed', and more..) with another kick (probably the same one that he used in 'Liar Liar (Avicii by Avicii)'.

If you want to create a kick like that with just a 'simple' soft 808 kick, you're gonna have a bad time.. To create kicks like this from scratch, you need to spend lots of time on processing and/or layering. If you don't have a lot of experience with creating kick drums, you're probably just better of by sampling some good kicks from existing songs.
What? Avicii said he sucks at layering kicks.

The signature avicii kick is Ves bassdrum 152 sampled from axwell's home glory remix (might be wrong track title) but i think he has added a sub

PenThoX wrote:The signature avicii kick is Ves bassdrum 152 sampled from axwell's home glory remix (might be wrong track title) but i think he has added a sub
Yeah, Googling this stuff is way to go or just asking on reddit, those wizards know this stuff best :borg:

Man, making music that way must be boring as f**k!
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Man, making music that way must be boring as f**k!
+1
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

highkoo wrote:Man, making music that way must be boring as f**k!
Which way?

Maybe I am wrong.
Maybe using google to trace the lineage of a kickdrum sample back months,
figuring out which number sample the person who your sampling's sample, sampled,
to find the url to order it from, is fun as shit. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Maybe I am wrong.
Maybe using google to trace the lineage of a kickdrum sample back months,
figuring out which number sample the person who your sampling's sample, sampled,
to find the url to order it from, is fun as shit. :shrug:
It's more fun than reading nonsense OT comments, so just typing thread name on Google instead of even bothering here, at least there is answer and people who can answer one click away.

In this case everything is known, name of the sample and sample pack, track from which is sampled in first place founded by folks who know their music and their samples, who can spot this things, pretty much OP got exactly what he was looking for in this case :tu:

And no, fun way isn't obsessing for days, months, years about these kicks and focusing all attention on them, instead of just using nice sample and get over with it, but each on their own, some folks want to be better and greater and all their life is proving something, so if that is fun, than :party:

To OP, don't bother here, next time go where people who actually make this music hang out and you will get straight answers on your questions :tu:

And the thing is this, you need to have experience as live performer and to have proper studio, of course knowledge, to pull out your imagined in this case good working kick or at least to copy kicks that Axwell did.

If you look at it, his kicks are what is used today in lot off sub genres over and over, he is almost veteran now and after so much time, yeah, he nailed this stuff, but he got live experience, he got proper studios and what is more important, he makes what he thinks is great and fits in his tracks, he doesn't copy anyone.

So or obsess half of your life about kicks or just make music , use samples and get over with it, because making this kicks ask's for dedication and obviously little more than patience :tu:
Last edited by Passing Bye on Wed May 06, 2015 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Passing Bye wrote: In this case everything is known
Let me get all Zen™ on ya;
The mistake is to think it is something that should be known.
The problem is not the answer, its the question.

Passing Bye wrote: To OP, don't bother here, next time go where people who actually make this music hang out and you will get straight answers on your questions :tu:
:tu:

WTF do I know though. OP might make twenty million dollars next year...
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
ImageImageImageImage

:roll:

Return to “Sound Design”