APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

moss wrote:
JPTV wrote:When I open preferences in Bitwig and try to detect available controllers, I get the message NO CONTROLLERS DETECTED. When I try to add it manually the APC40 MK2 is not in the list.
If it is not in the list Bitwig can't find them or it crashes:
- Recheck the location, the script must be in : Windows %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Bitwig Studio\ControllerScripts\Push4Bitwig
- Make sure the sub-folder structure is still intact when you unzipped it (there must be sub-folders like framework, view, mode, etc.)
- Check if there are any errors in the script console: View -> Show Control Script Console

Hope that helps.
Hello Moss, thank you for you help and time!

I have put the script in C: Users\Documents\Bitwig Studio\ControllerScripts\Push4Bitwig but I can't get it to work. Sub-folders are intact, apc, framework, mode, view and .js files, a html-file, licence and readme file...

I have also tried to put the script in D: Documents\Bitwig Studio\ControllerScripts\Push4Bitwig but unfortunately the same result.

To be honest, I don't know what Windows %USERPROFILE% exactly means. I have no user file in C: Windows. I only have a file called Users on C. In it is a folder with my name that contains a Documents folder but no matter what I try it did not work. :scared:

Does it matter if the APC40 mk2 is Off or On?
Is the path above here correct?
Would it help if I re-install Bitwig Studio?
Anything else I can try... :(

Thanks,
John :help:

The USERPROFILE folder is that of the user account with which you have logged on. The correct Documents folder is also showed when you open the Windows Explorer.
To make the auto-scanning work the APC must be turned on but the scipt must also appear in the manual menu ieven if it is not connected.

Thanks Moss, I had put the script in C: Users\MY NAME\Documents\Bitwig Studio\ControllerScripts\Push4Bitwig I will erase all files, restart my computer and try it again. Maybe that will help...

we linux users are a bit awkward, but making our ways into civilization ;-)

I just downloaded the script again and now it works fine! :-D

THANKS MOSS!

Thanks for the great script!

One feature request :

- would be nice to be able to copy the selected clip to the next scene, or even the whole scene to next scene

imagine2015 wrote:One feature request :

- would be nice to be able to copy the selected clip to the next scene, or even the whole scene to next scene
Yes, would be nice. But the API is currently missing explicit functions for that (also for delete). You can only send key commands, which is a bit of random since you do not know which element currently has the input focus. But its already on the wishlist for API extensions.

moss wrote:Yes, would be nice. But the API is currently missing explicit functions for that (also for delete). You can only send key commands, which is a bit of random since you do not know which element currently has the input focus. But its already on the wishlist for API extensions.
Thanks for your quick reply. Today I played around a lot with my APC mini and Bitwig and the workflow is just awesome.

I discovered that it would be good to have these additional features :

- ability to control volume on multi-channel output like drum machine
- ability to select device in chain (e.g. second, third, etc.) in order to control the macros with the faders

Not sure whether the API supports this though. :wink:

imagine2015 wrote:- ability to control volume on multi-channel output like drum machine
That would mean to support layer navigation, which I think is too much for the little device.
imagine2015 wrote: - ability to select device in chain (e.g. second, third, etc.) in order to control the macros with the faders
Checkout the latest version on GitHub:
On the left of the Shift page there are now 4 new buttons. The 2 green buttons allow to select the previous/next device. The 2 orange buttons allow to select the previous/next device parameter page.

If i´m not overlooking something i discovered a little Bug in the APC Mini Script: When in Melodic SEQ Mode, the Left/Right Buttons don´t work. Changing Pitch in this Mode is not possible. Up/Down for Changing Scales works as it schould, also all Buttons (Up/Down, Left/Right) work in all ther SEQ Modes.

As i said, i hope i haven´t overlooked something....

Specs: Win 8.1 64bit
Bitwig 1.1.8

astartes wrote:If i´m not overlooking something i discovered a little Bug in the APC Mini Script: When in Melodic SEQ Mode, the Left/Right Buttons don´t work. Changing Pitch in this Mode is not possible. Up/Down for Changing Scales works as it schould, also all Buttons (Up/Down, Left/Right) work in all ther SEQ Modes.
Thanks for reporting! I fixed it and you can get it from GitHub.

imagine2015 wrote: - ability to select device in chain (e.g. second, third, etc.) in order to control the macros with the faders
moss wrote: Checkout the latest version on GitHub:
On the left of the Shift page there are now 4 new buttons. The 2 green buttons allow to select the previous/next device. The 2 orange buttons allow to select the previous/next device parameter page.
Great, thanks!

Would it be possible to add functionality to bring up the first VST plugin when some track is selected? For example : Shift + button above Stop All Clips.

imagine2015 wrote:Would it be possible to add functionality to bring up the first VST plugin when some track is selected? For example : Shift + button above Stop All Clips.
I guess you are talking about the APCmini?

Return to “Controller Scripting”