Tantra v1.1 released, sales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tantra

Thanks for the info foosnark and sches. :tu: I complete forgot there was this option!! :dog: Will probably have to use Tantra more over the next few weeks to see if I still miss not having the option to adjust effects' parameters whilst working within the modulation matrix but I think the current option, of right-clicking on knobs and dragging to adjust the amount of modulation from outside of the matrix, solves my predicament! Infact, I think this option may actually be better for me than using the matrix - it's all there in front of you - modulation routing/setting for any parameter without the need to flick back and forth from the matrix :party:

I just had another thought ... why doesn't this guy just use the plugin and actually finish a track :clown: .......maybe it would be useful to show which modulation lanes are being routed to what parameter by showing the modulation lane numbers under each modulated parameter rather than needing to click on a parameter to see it's routing settings. Even less need to use the matrix then. You could have an on/off switch to hide/show the parameter to modulation lane settings so that the gorgeous GUI still looks gorgeous !! :wink: I just looked up how to spell gorgeous so want to use the word gorgeous as much as I can. Plus I think gorgeous is a gorgeous word. Gorgeous. Look, even with a capital letter. I need some sleep.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Bought it today. Never had so much fun with a plugin for a long time. :) Don't hesitate, get it!

Well done Dmitry.

Great plugin. This brings a great blend to the mix. Think I've got most glitch programs going which is what I initially took this for. It's however so much more. The LFO tool in the sequnecer is as far as I've got to tweaking the presets, want to dig deeper.

Only criticism is simple....I found myself switching the reverb off almost every preset :) just a personal preference.

Had a little play tonight on some stems, found some very pleasing results in applying it to most of the rhythmic parts of the mix (not just the drums).

This is a massive gem of a plugin, great intro price :)

If anyone reads this and hasn't demoed...dont bother...buy it, at the intro price it's a waste of time thinking about it!

TrekStar wrote:I Tried Tantra and I have to say that I’m impressed by the sound, possibilities and the gui!
Unfortunately I get relatively high CPU usage and nasty peaks in Cubase 7.5 and Cubase 8 – especially when I automate some knobs. Maybe I did something wrong?
Windows 7 / CPU: Intel i7 4x 3,4 GHz / RAM 32 GB
Watch the behavior here:
https://app.box.com/s/ensdfiihrggq0e0gzgbrihl5l0huz7zx
...hmm...somehow I was expecting a reaction from the developper on this. Dmitry, do you see a Chance to optimize the CPU-usage?
Or any ideas from the users?

At first i wrote this off as just another glitchy multi-fx thing without really paying much attention. I've just spent a few minutes with the demo and realise how wrong i was to dismiss it so quickly. Gonna have to go a little deeper with it before considering purchase but I have a feeling I'll be getting this.

I will echo the CPU issues of others though, I'm getting around 7-8% with no sound going through it at all. Down to 2% if i switch every module off. Intel i7 4790k.

Any news on the GUI resizing feature? I know it is being worked but i would like to know before i buy it.

I really want to get this but it does not fit my screen..

Thanks for the video recorded, TrekStar. Sorry for not replying instantly, I'll check it, abnormal spikes for sure. As well as CPU usage will be double checked.

The work on the first update is going on, GUI size issue gets time, but it will be finished soon before the intro ends, no doubts.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, patience and congratulations!

PS. Yes, MFXxx, I'm going to make another reverb model for both Tantra and Diversion some day. The existing one is quite decent, but I'd love to have a better one as well.

sches wrote:Thanks for the video recorded, TrekStar. Sorry for not replying instantly, I'll check it, abnormal spikes for sure. As well as CPU usage will be double checked.

The work on the first update is going on, GUI size issue gets time, but it will be finished soon before the intro ends, no doubts.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, patience and congratulations!

PS. Yes, MFXxx, I'm going to make another reverb model for both Tantra and Diversion some day. The existing one is quite decent, but I'd love to have a better one as well.
No worries. Actually wasn't a criticism of the reverb quality, more that every preset appeared to have it on,. This is just personal preference as I prefer to control reverd seperately for channels and strips in a mix. :tu:

Is there any way to have the mod matrix as a separate, moveable window? Would be great to be able to keep it open and access the main screen at the same time.

Nice idea, thanks for it, I'll check if I can implement it before the coming update goes live.

mutantdog wrote:Is there any way to have the mod matrix as a separate, moveable window? Would be great to be able to keep it open and access the main screen at the same time.
+1
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

thanks to Dmitry for such a lovely effect
my review here:
http://audionewsroom.net/2015/05/dmitry ... loops.html

dave

Shabdahbriah wrote:
mutantdog wrote:Is there any way to have the mod matrix as a separate, moveable window? Would be great to be able to keep it open and access the main screen at the same time.
+1
not that I can really comfortably test Tantra at the moment, since I'm one of the folks that the GUI is unworkably big on my laptop,
but conceptually a big +1 from me too on this idea. Makes perfect sense.

+Good idea :tu:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Am i having a good time with Tantra or what... :D

Anyway, im having a little request! Im modulating delay time at the moment and i want to modulate exact values (23%, 52% whatever :)) but the only way to see a readout is by rightclicking a knob. You can't see it as you turn and not in the modulation matrix. Usually im all in favour of not seeing numbers as i believe such information forces your brain to spend resources on not creative stuff.

Sorry for poor explanation. It didn't come out as i wanted but i can only blame it on being tired.. :) It could also be a result of modulating delay time and reverb size though!
:hug:

Return to “Effects”