Soloing Doesn't Work with Fx Returns

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I solo a track I still hear all the other tracks fx returns (!)

If I am working on a project with lots of fx, as I am right now, if I want to just listen to one instrument but with it's fx in-place I basically can't without a huge amount of bother. Muting tracks that are feeding the fx sends doesn't even stop them (!). I have to go through and un-activate each clip. And then when I want to go back to normal play I have to re-activate all the clips.

This is one heck of a serious workflow killer!

correction: muting the audio tracks that send to fx does kill them, but muting MIDI doesn't as we've discussed elsewhere. [I'm jumping on things a little now because the frustration :roll: )

slackhead wrote:When I solo a track I still hear all the other tracks fx returns (!)

If I am working on a project with lots of fx, as I am right now, if I want to just listen to one instrument but with it's fx in-place I basically can't without a huge amount of bother. Muting tracks that are feeding the fx sends doesn't even stop them (!). I have to go through and un-activate each clip. And then when I want to go back to normal play I have to re-activate all the clips.

This is one heck of a serious workflow killer!

correction: muting the audio tracks that send to fx does kill them, but muting MIDI doesn't as we've discussed elsewhere. [I'm jumping on things a little now because the frustration :roll: )
Repport it
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

ronnyrydgren wrote:
Repport it
Done!

i have the same issues :(
Mac OSX, Bitwig Studio, Spire, Massive

Return to “Bitwig”