Syng3 voice modeler released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

built this in 2011. wanted user custom voices, about the time i'd finished building it i'd switched to FFT as a better way to achieve that. never built that but decided to wrap up what i had built.. so in 2015, we have syng3 voice synth..

very much like syng2, except for having 7 formant bands (and a lowpass band) so it sounds more hifi, and the gui is arranged more for external control/automation. same "received pronounciation" phoneme set. good results probably depend on how many sanity points you have lost already. seriously, expect to put time in.

so..

here's some example audio..
http://xoxos.net/vst/mp3/syng3-1.mp3

here's the demo link..
http://xoxos.net/vst/syng3demo.zip

and of course the demo has birds (quieter) which is a very facile demo restriction implementation making for an almost worthless test experience (i recommend having made a verse with syng2 before paying for syng3).

needs more audio demos, waiting for inspiration :)

there you go.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

here's a graphic i made from part of the demo audio.. there are two channels of automation i left out, so this picture is saying
xoxos wrote:expect to put time in.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

so the other day, my voice synthesizer, eh, says to me, xoxos, you really know how to release a vst.

that's right, says i, i really know how to do that. nobody could be f**ked, says he. and i says, no doubt, nobody could be f**ked.

when did it ever occur to you that using this might be in the scope of human interests. people can make a cool song no one could give a f**k about much faster with something else rather than something they have to spend weeks trying to squeeze results out of that will be crap anyway. what you need is to get one of those famous dj product endorsements. then all the kids will use it and achieve amazing results like their hero, and everything would be good if you had that.

but you don't have that and you never ever will. poor little xoxos, making stuff people don't need to use. you should think about that need thing, xoxos. all the ufcking time, like you're a hardcore shit. since when did you manufacture need.

Poor you (and I don't mean that ironically). It looks pretty cool to me. Unfortunately, I'm a mac user. The demo also doesn't not really help. I have a feeling that slower lines or just vowels would sound better, treating the voice more like a lead synth, or perhaps for choir pads.

But it's a bit sad that there's little interest in a bit more experimental plugin design.

?what's wrong with the demo?

(considering it was mixed on headphones, which could really bugger it on speakers.. sounded quite intelligible to me..)

Ok. It's not intelligible for me, I'm afraid. The voice volume jumps up and down, there are metallic clicks and glitches in the onsets, and it sometimes sounds as if the singer swallows her tongue between syllables. Some of the whisper-sung syllables near the end sound good, but as a whole, the demo is not ideal. I hope I've haven't disappointed you.

no, i need to know what other people are hearing, and i can only hear it when it's clamped to my head with tiny, enclosed speakers. i've also had an ear infection since november and my left ear goes "glug" with certain high frequency ranges.

:) honestly, i have some idea of how "wrong" it may sound because i've been stuck with headphones since 2009 and have heard some of the music i've recorded in that time on real speakers. society does not really value my ability to hear sound on monitors, even though i have put in all this work for it.

someone is bringing me some amoxicillin from mexico ($20 whereas the doc visit in the u.s. is over $130), wish it was someone i could trust more... hope it doesn't give me something else.. who the f**k cooked up this one... you ever get a cold you couldn't kick living in the sonoran desert for five months that made your ears ring like fire engines? no, i never had one of those before either.. isn't life fun when you get in fights with the freemasons who secretly piss on everything..

know complication
if you do anything..

xoxos wrote:no, i need to know what other people are hearing, and i can only hear it when it's clamped to my head with tiny, enclosed speakers. i've also had an ear infection since november and my left ear goes "glug" with certain high frequency ranges.
I've listened on headphones and on speakers, but in both cases I hear the same. Sorry about that. But don't you hear it either when you listen to the naked track?

I'll try to install a Windows VST running programming on my mac (I removed it only a few weeks ago) and give your plugin a go this weekend.

How the eff did I miss this? - (edit: and it was released on my birthday!)

Once I've de-pirated my Bootcamp I'll have it. I can also understand why FLWrd hears the clicks and swallowed tongues - you'll find, if you get the chance to play with it, the glide control helps eliminate these sounds. Rurik has created automation for the Glide control in the demo above - it just may be that his hearing problem is causing him to miss the sonic 'pulse' of these quick shifting resonant band-pass sequences.

Hope your medicine is legit rurik

(edit)
Last edited by mztk on Sun May 10, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no, i need to know what other people are hearing, and i can only hear it when it's clamped to my head with tiny, enclosed speakers. I've also had an ear infection since November and my left ear goes "glug" with certain high frequency ranges.
You need to know what we hear? Likely the same thing you hearing. It is cute, and even stylish, but not useful due to clicks and artifacts. If you could make it sound smooth, it would be great. There is interest even for somebody like me- a female singer. lol. Yes, I can sing it better but I dont do Cabaret style. :)

the top line in automation is volume reduction, most of it reducing "p" "s" and "t". as i worked on the composition i adjusted the volume of consonants (and other phonemes of course). i don't really feel like listening to it again now, but i bet if anyone listened to it honestly (on a music industry forum haha..) you would find places where "t" sounds natural and other places where it isn't.

what i found is that in use, there are places where a sound can be used and it sounds good and others where it doesn't, based on what comes before (maybe after) it, and mostly due to the difference between the tone that is there and the one i want to get.

if you use the vst, you will find something similar to syng2, which is about the same as any other 3 or 4 band model, except with a few more bands in the high frequencies.

at this point, you have.. a signal oscillator, and several bandpasses that switch between coefficient settings.

there's no guarantee that if you use that, it will sound good, or it will sound like you want.

but, it's there... it's an instrument, that exists... i bent it around, to sound like that demo. perhaps it could sound the way it does, but better. i don't feel like working on it more.

well, there it is... it's a thing, that can sound like that. it can also sound a lot of other ways. depending on use. can it be used better, or far worse, probably yes.

my ears do glug with headphones, head movement, but i'm not deaf, and i know it sounds quite impressive in terms of squeezing an emulation out of raw materials. if you ponder a part that isn't so inviting to critique, maybe just the phrase "ooh that rhythm.." only a few phonemes sure, but i'm confident that this quality could pass for a real voice in some contexts (certainly not critical ones). in my context, it passes as a way of making words in songs, with a flexibility unavalable form sample based products.

it's a bitch to use, may not sound good, and maybe it could use some more work, or will never be "good enough" for you and yours. but it's good for me. in a way where few people who feel capable of offering critique are practiced of the level of production they are criticising.

as far as drugs go, buddy spacely never came down off that silk road "acid", heard about people getting hep-c and worse from pharmas, and, even though you don't care to acknowledge it, i've been saying the masons harass me for a decade, and that i woke up in an LAX parking lot after receiving involuntary surgery, and have to deal with harassment daily. laugh all you want, but after that kind of shit, i'm not anxious to scrape up four months of food money and pay to have some rich person help me die more painfully. you read the news, you acknowledge what "secret masonic police force" means about american society, and the shit i have to deal with to try and participate in society. kriminal wants to tell me to see a doctor? we both know he's busting my balls.

mztk wrote: how did you do that demo? you played in some old jazz thing into a
pitch to midi?
either mine or dead people who hang around me a lot :p "there you go" is all mine though.. (edit - the intro may be a bit spooky but the verse is mine) that and "lavender" were composed several months after they were "done with me" or stopped being able to get inside me like that. i am all filled up with dead people songs from the cemetary.

eg. "a bird can sing" is someone else's (well some spirit else's) song called "which airline?" but slowed down a lot. it's kind of a drag trying to play 40's music with a synth, but it keeps me busy so i don't get myself in even more trouble. curses are bad yo.

that was you with the indonesian movie eh! :)
Last edited by xoxos on Fri May 08, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

last summer beetle lands on my window screen, starts buzzing its wings and out comes jim hornbergers voice.. dead four years ago. i'm coding away and dude talks to me through these bug wings for about 20 minutes.

but i can't go to TPD with all the things a bug told me, can i? but at least, now i know why dominice moved to germany.

Return to “Instruments”