New Chainer Plugin from Plug&Mix

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not interested in the P&M plugins though and don't want to instal a load of extra plugins on my system either, it would be good if there was just a chainer download, I just want to test its plugin loading capabilities.

aMUSEd wrote:I'm not interested in the P&M plugins though and don't want to instal a load of extra plugins on my system either, it would be good if there was just a chainer download, I just want to test its plugin loading capabilities.
I second that. 500+ megabytes download to get chainer is not encouraging...
SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

Ranjarresh wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I'm not interested in the P&M plugins though and don't want to instal a load of extra plugins on my system either, it would be good if there was just a chainer download, I just want to test its plugin loading capabilities.
I second that. 500+ megabytes download to get chainer is not encouraging...
3rd this! please.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Am I missing something. I can add plugin folders to be scanned, but I can't change the default plugin folder to what I want.

heks wrote:Am I missing something. I can add plugin folders to be scanned, but I can't change the default plugin folder to what I want.

You don't get this window ?

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Magma by Nomad Factory is the big brother of Chainer
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Is it? Maybe the effects are better but it doesn't seem to load AU plugins whereas Chainer does.

aMUSEd wrote:.. it doesn't seem to load AU plugins whereas Chainer does.
:!: Really? :? ..
Nomad26 wrote: (writing about Chainer)
Hello Everyone,
... Regarding AU, we are not planning to support AU because almost all plug-ins on the market are VST & AU plug-ins, most of the AU plug-ins uses internal wrapper to build AU binaries, if not internal, it can be external, in fact a VST plug-in is located inside the AU.component.

Plug-ins that are not VST are actually made by Apple and maybe some other companies, frankly, I don't know.

If you have some AU plug-ins that are not VST, please feel free to post their names and companies who are making those plug-ins and we will be happy to take a look at it.

Thank you,

Bernie Torelli
http://nomadfactory.com
Sure, Chainer itself can load as an AU plugin, but it hosts only VST2.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Oh I misunderstood what it meant by supporting AU now, even less interested then. My main interest would have been using it to get AUs into Bitwig.

aMUSEd wrote:Oh I misunderstood what it meant by supporting AU now, even less interested then. My main interest would have been using it to get AUs into Bitwig.
BlueCat's PatchWork, DDMF's MetaPlugin, or Plogue Bidule then ? :)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

vic_france wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Oh I misunderstood what it meant by supporting AU now, even less interested then. My main interest would have been using it to get AUs into Bitwig.
BlueCat's PatchWork, DDMF's MetaPlugin, or Plogue Bidule then ? :)
All have flaws unfortunately, Bidule is the best of the 3 though.

Teksonik wrote:
heks wrote:Am I missing something. I can add plugin folders to be scanned, but I can't change the default plugin folder to what I want.

You don't get this window ?

Yes Tek I do but it won't change "C:\Program Files\Vstplugins" to what I want. In fact it won't delete that address or anything .

Ahh I see. You're right it won't change. I'm guessing that's because the default folder is where the Chainer plugin itself is installed so maybe changing it would not be good ? I suppose you could uninstall and reinstall to a different default but that's not something I could advise.

Out of curiosity why would you want or need to change the default ? There are four other slots for extra folders so I guess I don't see the need to change the default. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Out of curiosity why would you want or need to change the default ? There are four other slots for extra folders so I guess I don't see the need to change the default. :)
I just wanted to tidy things up as I'm getting multiple entry's of plugins. Some plugins seem to automatically install in C drive even if you point them elsewhere when installing. No biggy but it would be nice to have been able to have made a folder with only the plugins I wanted the chainer to "see" and then chose to load.

On Windows, I updated the VIP Bundle to v3.3.0 but all the Plugins are displaying v3.1.0.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”