Petition for UAD to model the Empiracle Labs Distressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay fellas, who's with me!!? Lets see how many we can get!! Link to petition https://www.change.org/p/universal-audi ... distressor

Isn't this basically already in the uad fatso model?

Heres a quote from the man who created both units - "Someone we all know asked me to get on this thread and give my take on the differences between the FATSO AND DISTRESSOR. First, to be a smart ass and use a Geoff Daking Joke... the difference is about $1000 dollars. However, you do get two channels in the FATSO for that difference. The FATSO does have a compressor based on DISTRESSOR TECHNOLOGY, AND it does offer two settings that you cannot get in the Distressor.

The Distressor is a dedicated compressor with full control over attack and decay, plus some soft clipping options. We don't think there is a smoother more versatile compressor available, that offers all the options and extreme reliability that the Distressor offers. It's main design goal was to offer a great compressor that could also emulate some of the wonderful classic compressors from the 60's and 70's, but offered its own sound, along with better noise than the old guys.
Our customers have used this compressor on every type of source and written us about its "Swiss army knife" versatility. So if its a really fun, versatile compressor/limiter you want, the Distressor is the way to go, as opposed to the Fatso.

The Fatso, on the other hand, has several fixed compressors in it, but it does not have the extreme adjustability of the Distressor. It does however include other wonderful processing not available anywhere else! The compressor is actually only one of four types of processing. These include:

*** 1)* Soft clipping/saturation - emulating tape saturation
*** 2)* A high frequency effect called Warmth that controls hi frequency buildup and "plasticky" edges.
*** 3)* A low Frequency effect called Tranny that actually engages a customized transformer circuit that adds harmonics to sub frequencies, making the low end more audible.
*** 4)* And finally the Compressor section which offers four, fixed compressors we spoke of above. They are a varied lot of compressors ranging from an LN1176 sounding "Tracking" compressor, to a very slow attack "Buss" compressor.

*** The Fatso stands for Full Analog Tape Simulator Optimizer, and it's main design goal was to offer many of the "sweet" characteristics of analog tape to the modern world of digital recordings. By offering shaping of the low frequencies, high frequencies, and soft clipping, the user will find his signals quickly gain some of the warmth they may be missing without their analog tape.

*** For more detailed information on both the Distressor and the Fatso, please visit our website at EmpiricalLabs.com.

Hope this answers your questions about the differences between the Distressor and Fatso. The best thing to do is to sell your gas guzzling car and use the money to get both a Distressor AND a Fatso. That's just an unbiased opinion of course. "

beely wrote:Isn't this basically already in the uad fatso model?
no

Why ask for it to UA when you can have it native... soon. Patience is a virtue.

Multiple instances...

Mercado_Negro wrote:Why ask for it to UA when you can have it native... soon. Patience is a virtue.
Interesting...and how accurate/good is this native version?

Mercado_Negro wrote:Why ask for it to UA when you can have it native... soon. Patience is a virtue.
I didn't heard about some company working on a native emulation. Do
you have any infos I might missed ?

I'd buy a Softube, Brainworx or Waves version. But a UAD version would be extra awesome!!

EnderWillSaveUs wrote:Interesting...and how accurate/good is this native version?
Well, I can't tell how accurate it is because I've only used a Distressor once or two times in my life but I can tell you this plug-in is really really good. One thing I remember from the Distressor is how upfront and tight this comp can make things in a mix and that's exactly what I'm getting here with it, solid and tight dynamics without too much GR or effort.
Endor-8o8 wrote:I didn't heard about some company working on a native emulation. Do
It hasn't been annouced yet but it will probably out in 8 weeks or so. Sorry I can't say more about it but yes, it's coming and it's not made by some random guy, he's built (well, modded) one of the most revered gears ever (and his version is actually more popular than the original).

Mercado_Negro wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:I didn't heard about some company working on a native emulation. Do
It hasn't been annouced yet but it will probably out in 8 weeks or so. Sorry I can't say more about it but yes, it's coming and it's not made by some random guy, he's built (well, modded) one of the most revered gears ever (and his version is actually more popular than the original).
Now who would that be? Any hints, clues or tips you could give?

toothnclaw wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:
Now who would that be? Any hints, clues or tips you could give?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=434208

No, it's not Quinto who I'm talking about but that's really cool. Nice to see him working on that.

Mercado_Negro wrote: No, it's not Quinto who I'm talking about but that's really cool. Nice to see him working on that.
Pssst, you can whisper in our ears, we won`t tell anybody ...

I suppose you are on beta testing ?

Can it be compared with Sor 8 in any way (there is a free version for testing) ?
http://www.cocellproductions.com/Pensadia/sor8.html

UAD version:
if they finally understand the need to implement
a low dsp on mix and best quality on render option
I would welcome your petition.

I fear though UAD sticks with the marketing strategy
to push users to higher cards (i.e. see latest topic Neve 88rs CS collection).
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Mercado_Negro wrote:It hasn't been annouced yet but it will probably out in 8 weeks or so. Sorry I can't say more about it but yes, it's coming and it's not made by some random guy, he's built (well, modded) one of the most revered gears ever (and his version is actually more popular than the original).
Mr. Scott, I presume. 8)

Hoping it'll be a little easier on my CPU than his other stuff ...

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

Return to “Effects”