Problems setting up condenser with M Audio M Track and Macbook.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help, I recently bought an SE Condenser Mic and an M-Audio M-Track. I'm not totally inexperienced with set ups like this, but I'm having trouble getting the condenser to work properly with the interface. Tried it in logic, and in Bitwig with varying results. In bitwig I'm getting the vocals recorded and panning only to the right speaker. In logic I'm not able to record at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Can you set up the channel you record on as a "mono" channel? That should fix the hard-panned issue.
If it works in BitWig, it should also work in Logic, provided both programs use the same driver interface (wdm, asio, wasapi)
Or ehm Logic.... you're using a Mac??
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

If you're on Logic X, make sure it's updated. Tons of people had problems with M-Track models, then a Logic update fixed everyone up. Not sure about Bitwig.

BertKoor wrote:Can you set up the channel you record on as a "mono" channel? That should fix the hard-panned issue.
If it works in BitWig, it should also work in Logic, provided both programs use the same driver interface (wdm, asio, wasapi)
Or ehm Logic.... you're using a Mac??
Yeah macbook pro. I'll give that a try man, it seems weird that it wont work in logic, and Ignite wasn't even picking it up. Thanks for the help

xcentric wrote:If you're on Logic X, make sure it's updated. Tons of people had problems with M-Track models, then a Logic update fixed everyone up. Not sure about Bitwig.

Yeah? Thanks man, it is X i will try an update and see if that helps.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”