mux for mac please?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

solipsvs wrote:that was off topic. please moderate yourself
Seeing as how the topic changed from MUX on Mac to "please behave yourself" I believe Jo is very on topic. He's 1. trying to hold the forums together so it doesn't become a hostile mess 2. work on Mutools and 3. manage his home/non-professional life. Work, family etc... He doesn't have the time nor the want to babysit us here on the forums.

As dumb as the saying goes, if you have nothing to say, keep it to yourself. Jo is nice enough to listen to critic as he knows valuable ideas and input from users may come out of it. However, that critic should be uplifting and non-aggresive/targeting.

This is not to say stop posting on the forums. Jo values your opinions like he does the rest of us. But this is to say keep it professional. Statements like the one above are extremely disrespectful and make the environment uncomfortable. Jo is just trying to keep thins under control. If it weren't for him around, Mutools, MUX, Mulab, this amazing community we have here, would not have ever happened if he didn't choose to work on and support this.

Work with Jo, not against him.

Dakkra

P.S
I've had my fair share of off moments too. I've said some things here on this forum I regret (I may even end up regretting this post)
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Anyway, back to MUX on Mac, it would be a good idea but considering how Apple loves to force its new standards every update, it would be a pain. I got lucky and develop my applications (nowhere near as complex or awesome as Mutools) in Java which works very hard to be cross platform. Without switching to a language that's inherently cross compatible, developing cross platform does sometimes mean re-write all the code, and that's not a good task for a developer who wants to improve the software rather than rewrite it.

Just my opinion here of course :)

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

but considering how Apple loves to force its new standards every update, it would be a pain
Exactly, one should be masochist to embrace that with open arms, especially when there's no "but, money is good/OS is stable/Logic is good" sentence to follow it :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I'm so sure this topic doesn't need another contributor, but I started writing and NOT posting posts on it for a while. Now, though, I feel a part of what I wanted to say might be valid again:

It's quite clear to see that many, if not most, professional musicians have either always been on a mac or are being sponsored by apple to swing over. As a result, mac remains the #1 pro platform, as much as I dislike it, since I don't have nor ever want a mac, except for when I port my "Verve" to mac, of course, hehe...which will eventually happen.

Sooooo...since Jo already has experience in supporting apple, making a vst of MUX work for the mac would be a wise choice, as soon as he can do that. Alone for appearance sake ("pro" confidence!)

thank you!

Return to “MUTOOLS”