Spectral: Filter Resonance cross-modulation example request

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

Just started to evaluate Spectral (1.2.6), trying to understand the powerful cross-modulation mechanism.

Currently I'm stuck with the Filter Resonance (RM) cross-modulation.
There are several patches in Spectral Library, which have Filter RM cross-modulation enabled, but it seems that when I turn the amount dial fully left or right nothing really changes in the sound. The sound changes drastically if I change the modulation to FM and try to move the amount dial, but when I revert back to RM cross-modulation the moving of the amount dial does not seems to change anything.

What can I expect from RM cross-modulation?

Can you, please, give me an example of RM cross-modulation usage?

Thank you!
CU
VK

OK, I was able to figure this by myself.

Filter Resonance (RM) cross-modulation sounds rather subtle (comparing to Filter FM cross-modulation), but is still noticeable, especially when modulating by a low-pitched (slow) oscillator.

Here is a quick example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfjptqbgzqtj3 ... e.fxp?dl=0

OSC1 is set to Saw wave followed by low-pass filter which Resonance is modulated by OSC2 set to slow Sine wave. The pitch of the OSC2 is modulated by an LFO to made some animation to the sound.
To compare RM to FM just raise the value of Fil1 X-Mod1 Dial (Frequency is modulated by the same OSC2).
CU
VK

Hi Valery,
yes, you exactly figured it yourself, modulating Resonance at audio rate does not make MUCH if a difference is sound, however its more audible with slower modulation, your're right!

Return to “LinPlug”