Logic Pro X Automation/PDC Bug

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have created a project to demonstrate the automation/playhead synchronisation issues present in Logic Pro X, please feel free to add to this or correct me if I have overlooked anything. I have outlined a few scenarios in the project notes.

I know using AdLimiters like this is impractical but these bugs manifest in all high latency plugins such as UAD, up-sampled, linear-phase and look-ahead offerings.

If enough of us contact Apple about it the more likely they will be to do something about it.

Logic Pro X Project
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n11xo ... logicx.zip
dj styleee

i have another problem with Logic Pro X and automations: Bypass and Mute automations won't snap correctly, other automations snap correctly. Also in LP9 automations are perfect.

Lets hope it is easily fixed, Apple have been a lot better recently with bug fixes and updates.
dj styleee

Logic can only handle a certain amount of PDC, when that amount is exceeded, PDC fails. Check out e.g. Fabfilter ProQ 2 in the highest latency mode, bounce something, and you end up with several hundred milliseconds of silence at the beginning of the bounced file and the ending will be cropped. Switch Q2 to "Medium" latency and PDC works fine.

EDIT: The highest latency mode in Pro Q1 actually works fine in Logic 9/10, but as Fabfilter increased the amount of latency in the update, Logic can't handle this anymore.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Logic can only handle a certain amount of PDC, when that amount is exceeded, PDC fails. Check out e.g. Fabfilter ProQ 2 in the highest latency mode, bounce something, and you end up with several hundred milliseconds of silence at the beginning of the bounced file and the ending will be cropped. Switch Q2 to "Medium" latency and PDC works fine.

EDIT: The highest latency mode in Pro Q1 actually works fine in Logic 9/10, but as Fabfilter increased the amount of latency in the update, Logic can't handle this anymore.
Hi! I have the same issue with Q2 in 'Linear Phase' mode => Logic Pro x 10.3 PDC works wrong. Did you find some walkaround? Thanks!

fLySpin wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Logic can only handle a certain amount of PDC, when that amount is exceeded, PDC fails. Check out e.g. Fabfilter ProQ 2 in the highest latency mode, bounce something, and you end up with several hundred milliseconds of silence at the beginning of the bounced file and the ending will be cropped. Switch Q2 to "Medium" latency and PDC works fine.

Hi! I have the same issue with Q2 in 'Linear Phase' mode => Logic Pro x 10.3 PDC works wrong. Did you find some walkaround? Thanks!
There is no workaround, in linear phase mode, just use the “Medium“ setting and avoid the highest if you want PDC to work as expected.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”