Timewarp2600 updates?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimewARP 2600

wagtunes wrote:I took one look at the price and my jaw almost dropped to the floor.

$250 for an ARP 2600 emulation? Seriously?
Here it says $200
http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/timewarp-2600

Here it says $99
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/sonivox-wa ... b-28-28890

What's your problem? $99 is too expensive for you? Don't buy it! Problem solved.

I own TimewARP2600 for some years but recently had problems with authorization. Also had problems to get reply from WayOutWare.
Then Simon from Sonivox posted at KVR and gave his e-mail address there. Sent an e-mail and i received the new installer from Sonivox. Since that the authorization and the plugin works nicely again, also as a 64-bit VST2. The version i got is v1.6 (for Windows).

This is where simon posted here:
sbangs_air wrote:Hello this new version was built for Air/Sonivox for online distribution and inclusion in our Advance Music Suite.
If you have a serial number we would be happy to provide the new installer if you contact us sbangs@airmusictech.com if your licence is exclusively locked to iLok you will need to request a code from WOW.
I just re-checked at the WayOutWare website (have not checked tehre since i received the new installer) and logged in into my account there. The new version 1.6 for both Windows and OSX seems to be finally available there now. It is also mentioned that the new version will no longer support ilok and that you have to re-register your serial if a previous version was alraedy authorized.
I just checked that installer and it is indeed the same as the one i received from Sonivox.

The installer installs the 32-bit and 64-bit VST plugins to the same folder, default is C:\Programs (x86)\VstPlugins\WayOutWare
This includes 4 plugins with 32-bit + 64-bit and both the Instrument and a FX plugin version.

UPDATE:
I admit i have not used the plugin for a while now. Just re-checked in Cubase Pro 8.0.5 64-bit (got the upgrade yesterday) and found that the Cubase project saves the name of the patch but the paramaters seem to be wrong which means the sound is different. In Cubase 7.5.30 64-bit on the other hand the parameters and sound seem to be correct but the name of the patch which is displayed is wrong (the name seems to be taht of the default patch). Anyway if i remember correctly the way it shows in Cubase 7.5 seems to be like in previous versions. At least the right sound is played there.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

sbangs_air wrote:Hello this new version was built for Air/Sonivox for online distribution and inclusion in our Advance Music Suite.
If you have a serial number we would be happy to provide the new installer if you contact us sbangs@airmusictech.com if your licence is exclusively locked to iLok you will need to request a code from WOW.
Is there a demo for version 1.6?
The only demo I can find is 1.4.1 from WOW site.

Jim is presently working on the demo version and a large free update bringing deeper Akai VIP / Advance support and a number of performance enhancements. He is one of the key engineers on the VIP project.

Purchasing now locks in these free updates.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote:Jim is presently working on the demo version and a large free update bringing deeper Akai VIP / Advance support and a number of performance enhancements. He is one of the key engineers on the VIP project.
Did this happen?

Ingonator wrote:The installer installs the 32-bit and 64-bit VST plugins to the same folder, default is C:\Programs (x86)\VstPlugins\WayOutWare
What possesses devs to do things like this? How hard is it to put a 64bit plug in a 64bit file path?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

There is a rumored ARP2600 reissue from Korg in development.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:There is a rumored ARP2600 reissue from Korg in development.
But that's hardware, though...

On sale for 50% off at plugin boutique, just wondering how this holds up both in sound and compatibility/bugs. I know it's old software. I have arturias arp2600, does this offer anything more? Or is it more or less the same thing and not worth the expense.

EnderWillSaveUs wrote:On sale for 50% off at plugin boutique, just wondering how this holds up both in sound and compatibility/bugs. I know it's old software. I have arturias arp2600, does this offer anything more? Or is it more or less the same thing and not worth the expense.
I would not buy anything from this developer ever. Buy Reaktor 6 and make yourself your own ARP 2600 out of blocks. It will sound better and you'll actually get support and updates. It probably won't sound much like a 2600, but you'll make peace with that pretty fast.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

EnderWillSaveUs wrote:On sale for 50% off at plugin boutique, just wondering how this holds up both in sound and compatibility/bugs. I know it's old software. I have arturias arp2600, does this offer anything more? Or is it more or less the same thing and not worth the expense.
The quote below tells you what you need to know about the development. From Feb 2015:
sbangs_air wrote:Jim is presently working on the demo version and a large free update bringing deeper Akai VIP / Advance support and a number of performance enhancements. He is one of the key engineers on the VIP project.

Purchasing now locks in these free updates.
To my knowledge no demo ever happened. I agree with zero crossing. Just get Reaktor 6 if you want more analog modular goodness.

We have now purchased the company outright and are working on our own free updates.
Sound wise this is fantastic and is the only plugin to get the endorsement of the original creators.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

sbangs_air wrote:We have now purchased the company outright and are working on our own free updates.
Sound wise this is fantastic and is the only plugin to get the endorsement of the original creators.
Okay, so what exactly does this mean? Because I've been wanting to get this for some time but all the horror stories of no updates and no support pretty much killed that for me.

So what's the deal?

Air/Sonivox, now own WOW outright (we where just the distributor) and will be handling all support and updates.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

sbangs_air wrote:Air/Sonivox, now own WOW outright (we where just the distributor) and will be handling all support and updates.
Great. Is there a demo I can download or still not yet?

Return to “Instruments”