Next action Stop

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't usually have an issue, but this one has me perplexed. I've sent the file off to the Bitwig Labs for further analysis. Perhaps, it may go some way towards getting the actions solid every time.

I have noticed when you do get it to stop afetr 1 bar it will stop every time regardless, so it does fix itself. You have to re-open the document or undo to the beginning to see the fault again.

That would be nice. They often act up if you for instance build a clip structure with actions and want to export it to audio. Sometimes it works, often it doesn't. Also the clip-being-active-state is different when you just stop the playback and start it again from when you start a scene (which you can't do when exporting)...
I never got a fully coherent picture but it's somehow fishy... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Thank you Tom and Suloo, its always nice to have a fresh pair of eyes on these things. I keep my fingers hoofs crossed ;)

:-) :tu:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

goatgirl wrote:I expected the clip to stop playing after 1 bar but it does not. If I highlight or remove the blue clip on the timeline and start it, then it will stop.
If loop is on it will just keep playing (I assume loop takes presidance) with loop off it works for me.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

you can either turn off the pink clip's Loop setting, or expand the Arrange Loop brace to twice the size.
both will make the Action work correctly.

but as the pink clip's length is the same as the Stop Action and the Arrange loop in the mix too, it gets a little hard to grok the rules of Play precedence! although i don't think a bug is shown here, some clarification from the devs on what's going on in this case would be handy.

(on another note, i hope the Actions section gets added to the clip's edit interface, maybe as coloured markers on the clip time ruler...)

Thanks SliC and garyboozy. I cant get the pink clip loop to make any difference here, only deselcting the arranger loop makes the stop action work. Though extending the loop braces also makes the stop action work.

Just highlighting the blue clip in the arranger, also makes the stop action work, so something is not right with the project. Similarly setting the loop to 0.3.3.99 makes the stop action work regardless of any loop settings.

In the origianal document, I had just recorded some keys and deleted the takes on the arranger. I guess the remaining narrow clips on the arranger are confusing poor Bitwig somehow.

Hopefully sending this weird project may throw some light onto some of the problems wth Next actions.

IMO the arranger loop should have absolutely no influence on the clip launcher. It's a totally different, non-linear structure. So to me it would even be a bug if support says otherwise. ;-)
(Like the dreaded recording of running clips to the arrangement even though they are not record enabled. To me it's the most hated thing in Bitwig, the devs think it makes total sense... ;-)
:shrug: :roll: :box: :nutter: :bang: :smack: :wheee: :hihi:

Cheers,

Tom

I agree Tom. I have lost many arrangements when going back to record clips by having the transport record button selected, especially when the arrangement is hidden. It is just not that obvious that it will record everything to the arranger when selected.

Having the arrangement record clips only when the track is armed is a sensible idea and maybe it is a behaviour that could be optionally set in the preferences.

Yep, the only thing that makes sense IMO.
I argued for a LONG time...
It being destructive without warning and without being necessary or making sense is what drives me up the wall ;-)

But keep on bugging support with it, one day it will come...

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote: So to me it would even be a bug if support says otherwise. ;-)
One of the wizards at Bitwig HQ has answered my email and have confirmed that this is indeed a bug. As they are wizards and not clairvoyants they cannot say when a fix would happen. :)

Hehehe :tu:

Return to “Bitwig”