Computer Music/Radar's Best Soft Synths 2015

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

About Spectral...I feel pretty foolish having bought Iris 2 in order to dismiss it. Going back and demoing I notice there are definitely inspiring things Spectral does that Iris can't. Besides the obvious differences of course.
Ha ha suck it!

Can't say straight away which synhts I'm missing in there, but I think these get too much cred:

-Synplant, getting old, and is rather specialized, not for everybody
-GForce MiniMonsta, a bit long in the tooth now
-Element, so 2013
-DCAM Synth Squad, maybe they deserve to be on the list when v2 is out
-Sylenth1 at no 4, that's too high

Numanoid wrote:So half the synhts in top 20 is german made.

Are there at all any synhts from the UK in the top 20 (only possibilitis would be Serum and Sonic Academy, can't find their addresses).

Kind of embarrasing for a UK website to indicate that english devs are so at loss measured against the top german ones :P
Pretty sure Serum/xfer/Steve is American. Sonic academy is UK though(http://ukdatacentre.co.uk/company/NI604 ... MY+LIMITED)
Last edited by ezelkow1 on Fri May 22, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

is dune2 uk?

ere2learn wrote:is dune2 uk?
Richard is based in Germany ;)

Gotta admit I think there should be more XILS stuff on the list, both Synthox and PolyKB are excellent synths

Two glaring omissions that weren't even up for voting.

KarmaFX Modular
MUX Modular

MUX especially. That thing is a work of art.

Which synth is the oldest in that list, Reaktor? These contests don't move me really but I gotta give kudos too some of those that have been around a long time and stay relevant like Reaktor, Nexus, Zebra and Minimonsta.

wagtunes wrote:Two glaring omissions that weren't even up for voting.

KarmaFX Modular
That's one I've been demoing recently and loving. Too bad no user manual without purchasing, but it's on my shopping list.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:

KarmaFX Modular
That's one I've been demoing recently and loving. Too bad no user manual without purchasing, but it's on my shopping list.
I don't think I've ever even looked at the user's manual more than once just to see how connections are made. This one's a little funkier than most modulars. Took me a day to get used to.

Still one of my fav's and the GUI is gorgeous. More colors than a Christmas tree.

xfer Serum deserved the win. :)

Spire made it up there too, and that was well deserved. Can't wait for the new version to drop.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:

KarmaFX Modular
I don't think I've ever even looked at the user's manual more than once just to see how connections are made. This one's a little funkier than most modulars. Took me a day to get used to.

Still one of my fav's and the GUI is gorgeous. More colors than a Christmas tree.
Hmmm, sounds like I might need to spend more time with it....I already love the synth.
Ha ha suck it!

Didn't expect Serum to win, although i read about it here i didn't notice a big hype around it. :) Well kudos to the dev for having such a success with it, although it's not the usual subtractive synth.

Oh, and kudos to Synthmaster too for getting ranked #2 for the 2nd time in a row.

Numanoid wrote:Got half of the synth's listed in the top 10 :o 8)

I got 21 of those listed in the Top 50, anymore GAS now would be embarrasing :oops:

IMO Serum is too specific a synth to be top dog, Synhtmaster deserves to be on top (rather than runner up) for it's versatility :clap:
I've got 2. :)
Ok I've got Reaktor but only v4, and it's not currently installed - and whatever comes with Cubase.

Still, you find a need for all those synths?

Me, do a top 50 Kontakt libraries and I probably have 21 :D

Armadillo wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Got half of the synth's listed in the top 10 :o 8)
I got 21 of those listed in the Top 50, anymore GAS now would be embarrasing :oops:
IMO Serum is too specific a synth to be top dog, Synhtmaster deserves to be on top (rather than runner up) for it's versatility :clap:
I've got 2. :)
Ok I've got Reaktor but only v4, and it's not currently installed - and whatever comes with Cubase.

Still, you find a need for all those synths?

Me, do a top 50 Kontakt libraries and I probably have 21 :D
I would probably have a few of the Kontakt libraries as well.
And I find I have little to no use for most of the VSTs I own,
(but alas they came in a bundle not worth the cost of removing).
Synthmaster is quite versatile (and mine is for sale),
as well as some others on their Top 50 I'm finding unnecessary in my arsenal. :party:

Seems to me this poll really suffered from vaguely defined parameters from the start.

Return to “Instruments”