Swedish house mafia lead (don't you worry child)

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6smkh6c-0

The lead in this track that comes in at 1:35 is really nice. Sadly I have no clue how to get to that sound.

I first thought it was some sort of electric piano layered with a synth, but it doesn't really sound like a synth-wave imo. For example its kinda like the standard trance leads which is piano+saw, but still this lead is different because you can hear that there is no saw-wave included.

I know these guys use presets a lot of the time, but I'm still really curious if anyone knows how to achieve this sounds (doesn't matter if it included presets obviously). What vst's can achieve such a rich, energetic, full but still clean sound?

Thanks a lot!

btw: I know that these guys use soft synths most of the time, so I wouldnt be suprised if it would be like 1 nexus lead layered with a sylenth preset. Although I haven't found similair sounds in those 2 plugs.

Btw: I know how to make the bass and the kick and hats which is also important. It is only the lead that is exceptional imo. So mostly the 300hz - 8000hz range is what im curious about.

Hmm. Is there nobody that has any clue what kind of instrument/vst can make such a lead?
Obviously I don't expect you to name the exact preset or something but it would be nice if anybody had any idea what can of (soft)synth could make a sound like this.

This synth comes to mind, though you can make it with many: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=268277

Try layering supersaws from different synths.
Last edited by hatim on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gee, what's with all those Swedish house mafia threads?! Never even heard of whatever it is :P

If you want that swedish house mafia supersaw type sound you need to use the Virus TI's hypersaws and mess with the detune and sync settings of the supersaw (ofcourse implying that you know how to make a supersaw in the first place... oh god, don't make me even start...)

Return to “Sound Design”