Cakewalk Rapture Pro Announced :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dimension Pro Rapture Rapture Pro

Just for the record, I had a catastrophic installation experience the first time around (Mac 10.9.5), where it wiped out hundreds of Gigs of instruments files. However, I cautiously reinstalled it with the updated Command Center and haven't had a problem since. Plays very nicely in Live 9, no extraordinary crashes (once in awhile, but that's normal for Live, unfortunately), and the sound, especially on the new presets, I find very impressive. I'm not justifying their mistake in releasing it prematurely, and I suffered royally for it (to their credit, they did compensate me with some sound sets), but in the end, I'm quite happy with it.
Music you can believe in:
http://rebshaya.com

What did it wipe out? Cakewalk content or something else? An installer should never delete data and an uninstaller should never delete anything it didn't install.

For that matter, why do they even have installers? This is on Mac OS. You can just provide links to the folder where the application and content are to live and then drag and drop them.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I have a vague memory that Cakewalk commented on their Instruments forum - something about Mac and selecting a custom install folder could make bad things happend - but that was a couple of weeks ago, so gather that is fixed by now.

• Get home
  • Start CC on Mac
  • Be notified of the update
  • Look at "curl failure - curl close returned code: 23 signal: null" error message popping up every time you start CC and try to update
Rupture Pro purchase is certainly going to be the most memorable one.

midi sentinel wrote:Rupture Pro purchase is certainly going to be the most memorable one.
Oh yes! Revolutionary marketing :clap:

all they really did was add in dim pro
i don't like the new interface (very cluttered) and you can no longer step through samples in a given folder like you use to be able to do
still have to step through every lfo waveform to select one :x
it's still one of favorite synths though

They certainly have issues on OSX. I couldn't use Z3ta+2 for about three months on the desktop after I changed drives out and installed Yosemite. To be fair though they offered all of us affected three paid sample libraries for free, which was generous. Hopefully they offer jackmazzotti and others severely affected by the upgrade something nice? seems fair.

Meanwhile I'm holding off on upgrading from Z3ta+2 until the June bugfix update, seems the reasonable thing to do.

Hi everyone

I noticed you can get a Rapture Pro and Z3TA+2 bundle at Cakewalk for $198. They seem to be the full versions.

On JRRshop there's also a bundle for $198 but it mentions that it's a Rapture Pro Upgrade.

This is really confusing. Do I need to own a prior license for Rapture to buy the JRRshop bundle?

Thanks!

machinesworking wrote:They certainly have issues on OSX. I couldn't use Z3ta+2 for about three months on the desktop after I changed drives out and installed Yosemite. To be fair though they offered all of us affected three paid sample libraries for free, which was generous.
Not all of us, I'm afraid :(
Edit: I asked, and they came through.
Last edited by Fleer on Wed May 27, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Got an email from Cakewalk reminding me that it's my last chance to get the upgrade for $79

I think I'll pass

I'm still fuming I wasted my money on this upgrade when I have a couple of other things on my list.

I went back to Dim Pro and Rapture 1. I check every week to see if a Rapture Pro update (fix) has arrived, I guess it's not a priority for Cakewalk. :shrug:

It's been just over five weeks since we launched Rapture Pro, the long awaited successor to both Dimension Pro and Rapture, and we have been listening closely to your feedback. Rapture Pro Update 2.0.1 is an update to the Rapture Pro core installer, and contains several new features, fixes and workflow enhancements. Click the link below to read the Knowledge Base article for the full list of fixes, or download the update now available in Cakewalk Command Center.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowle ... 0-1-Update

Thanks but still no sound from the Piscis spectrum pads, do I need to reinstall the pack too?

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks but still no sound from the Piscis spectrum pads, do I need to reinstall the pack too?
From Jon Sasor, Cakewalk QA:

The factory Rapture 1 content should work correctly now in the Legacy bank. We're aware of some issues with some programs in the Galbanum Piscis expansion pack for legacy Rapture. You can correct it manually however in the log file if you re-point that particular multisample to it's correct location, then re-save the program.

AROSSA [Cakewalk] wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Thanks but still no sound from the Piscis spectrum pads, do I need to reinstall the pack too?
From Jon Sasor, Cakewalk QA:

The factory Rapture 1 content should work correctly now in the Legacy bank. We're aware of some issues with some programs in the Galbanum Piscis expansion pack for legacy Rapture. You can correct it manually however in the log file if you re-point that particular multisample to it's correct location, then re-save the program.
Yes I read that but a) how am I supposed to know which samples to point the patch too and b) just attempting to point it to any of the samples in the spectrum pads folder doesn't work, the file still refuses to load unless I put it in a different location with a shorter path. This is the same long path error as before, nothing has changed.

Return to “Instruments”