Computer Music/Radar's Best Soft Synths 2015

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:Gotta admit I think there should be more XILS stuff on the list, both Synthox and PolyKB are excellent synths
Agreed, Xavier is the top of the game on sound as far as I'm concerned. I'm surprised at some of the results. I also think Dune 2 and especially Spectral should be higher!

Armadillo wrote:Still, you find a need for all those synths?
Some people collect classic cars, do they drive all those cars?

Some people collect wine, do they drink it all?

I like checking out plugin synths, its a hobby :wink:

Numanoid wrote:
Armadillo wrote:Still, you find a need for all those synths?
Some people collect classic cars, do they drive all those cars?

Some people collect wine, do they drink it all?

I like checking out plugin synths, its a hobby :wink:
To me it's another journey I've taken during my musical adventures. I love to learn, and studying all of these synthesizers has taught me a lot.
Ha ha suck it!

I think I'd rather see a top 50 virtual instruments by sales alongside with the votes on favorites.
Thus what M/R arbitrarily chooses would not be the major criteria of what was on the list.

What's this? A poll in which u-he don't dominate? :o... I only half jest because u-he's stuff is great (I own and love Bazille), but going by their rep at KVR and the love they inspire here, I expected nought more than a landslide.

Pleased to see Harmor rate so highly. I always thought it was underrated - perhaps not so!

Serum getting the number one spot is nice to see too, although I find myself craving a second filter (outside of the FX section) whenever I use it these days. Look forward to the next major release. Although it's still on 1.0, I've been broadly following development in the user forum and the pace of development is unreal! So many betas...

Both DUNE 2 and Spire, and others like Harmor (and many other), deserve better than this Sylenth1. Though, I know this is just a popularity contest, not a measure of features/quality/capabilities. Serum place is deserved too.

Yorrrrrr wrote:Both DUNE 2 and Spire, and others like Harmor (and many other), deserve better than this Sylenth1. Though, I know this is just a popularity contest, not a measure of features/quality/capabilities. Serum place is deserved too.

Fair play to Xfer! Serum is a mighty beast to behold... :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I was pleased to see Dune 2 getting some love -- I think it's an amazing synth.

In my book, though, Bazille should be in the top five. I wonder if the fact that (a) it's still fairly new and (b) it's quite complicated are affecting its rankings? Certainly, it can't be the sound or the flexibility! It's an absolute tweaker's paradise.

sramsay wrote:I was pleased to see Dune 2 getting some love -- I think it's an amazing synth.

In my book, though, Bazille should be in the top five. I wonder if the fact that (a) it's still fairly new and (b) it's quite complicated are affecting its rankings? Certainly, it can't be the sound or the flexibility! It's an absolute tweaker's paradise.
Bazille! I completely agree, been programming that this morning. At times it seems the options are limitless, and I for one love its modular layout. ACE is a lot of fun, but Bazille is just out of this world imo.
Ha ha suck it!

cron wrote:What's this? A poll in which u-he don't dominate? :o... I only half jest because u-he's stuff is great (I own and love Bazille), but going by their rep at KVR and the love they inspire here, I expected nought more than a landslide.
I think we're doing fine. Diva made the top ten, Zebra just missed them by a spot and ACE/Bazille might not be the right thing for the audience. Curious to see how Hive would have done :clown:

Urs wrote:
cron wrote:What's this? A poll in which u-he don't dominate? :o... I only half jest because u-he's stuff is great (I own and love Bazille), but going by their rep at KVR and the love they inspire here, I expected nought more than a landslide.
I think we're doing fine. Diva made the top ten, Zebra just missed them by a spot and ACE/Bazille might not be the right thing for the audience. Curious to see how Hive would have done :clown:
I'm curious as to how Nave would have done. Or Sytrus.
Ha ha suck it!

Dont worry, the 'best synths in the world ever' lists come out every month...

Are those short descriptions up-to-date? I guess I already read some of them years ago, which would render them kind of dubious as the standards have risen meanwhile...

Apostate wrote:
Urs wrote:
I think Sytrus simply looks too flimsy and ugly to be taken seriously. It has that cheap IL legacy look. I never used it, but my brother uses it all the time and likes it. They should ask the guys who did the Harmless and Harmor interfaces to do one for Sytrus.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Apostate wrote:
Urs wrote:
I think Sytrus simply looks too flimsy and ugly to be taken seriously. I never used it, but my brother uses it all the time and likes it. They should ask the guys who did the Harmless and Harmor interfaces to do one for Sytrus.
The interface truly, deeply sucks, but it is a phenomenal synth. The programming potential is vast enough, but even the presets are killer. At least imo. I rarely use FM8, it's mostly Sytrus with a side order of Nemesis as far as "mostly FM" goes for me.
Ha ha suck it!

Return to “Instruments”