Any Spectrasonics gurus here?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I scored a boxed copy of Atmosphere from a charity shop today (for £3.99!). I understand it's a legacy product so what I'm asking is (before I go ahead and try installing it) can I still use it? Or is it a requirement to update to Omnisphere or something. I couldn't find much on the website. There's a serial inside the manual - I guess I've got no way of knowing if it's already been used? Cheers
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Yes, you can still use it. Will it work? Only way to find out is to install it. If it's been previously registered you might get an error message. If so, you lost a few bucks. It certainly can't hurt to try.

you can create a spectrasonics.net account (it's free) and then try registering
the serial number online. if you get an "already used" message you could probably
ask spectrasonics support about the status of that s/n (whether it is registered to
a user etc.).

2 years ago I tried to reinstall Trilogy on my new computer and the registration did not work.
I contacted Specrasonics support and they said it is not supported anymore.
I had to upgrade to Trillian.

So my guess is, you probably have to upgrade to Omnisphere 2.
Trilogys and Atmospheres registration does not work with modern computers.

Stanoli wrote:2 years ago I tried to reinstall Trilogy on my new computer and the registration did not work.
I contacted Specrasonics support and they said it is not supported anymore.
I had to upgrade to Trillian.

So my guess is, you probably have to upgrade to Omnisphere 2.
Trilogys and Atmospheres registration does not work with modern computers.
I suspect this is the case. If you go to the Atmosphere page the only link there is telling you how to upgrade.

do_androids_dream wrote:I scored a boxed copy of Atmosphere from a charity shop today (for £3.99!). I understand it's a legacy product so what I'm asking is (before I go ahead and try installing it) can I still use it? Or is it a requirement to update to Omnisphere or something. I couldn't find much on the website. There's a serial inside the manual - I guess I've got no way of knowing if it's already been used? Cheers

NICE SCORE!

Should work fine, great price for some great sounds.

Was the box unopened? If so, then it's highly unlikely that the software has ever been registered.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:Was the box unopened? If so, then it's highly unlikely that the software has ever been registered.
The box and envelope containing the discs is all opened. I assume you meant NEVER (not ever) in that statement? Yes, seeing as it's been opened I expect the previous owner has registered it.

Unlikely and ever. Two opposites. Same thing as likely and never.

Its a good find. But I think you won't be able to register without Spectrasonics help. Contact the real Gurus there, they are quick to respond, even on weekends.

Return to “Instruments”