Dune 2 or impOSCar 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Suffering from a little GAS here, interested in these 2 synths.

Looking for opinions on how they compare.

:)
A well-behaved signature.

Omnisphere use the filter of one of these synths.
Buy that one that has the same filter as omni....

The two synths are worlds apart. If you buy them both there is almost no overlap. So the question is, what kind of music are you looking to do?

Ouch...
Those are both 2 of my favorites...it is tough to decide. For the interface/GUI , I'd say Dune 2... as impOSCar 2 takes a while to get used to. They both sound top notch though, so it's a great plugin choice either way.
I don't think I can decide either way, I like them both so much. :)

I'm looking to do music where the synths sound "as analog in an oldschool way as possible" (without opening "that" can of worms :hihi:).

I guess I already knew they are both high quality.

Can you guys give me an idea of in which ways they differ, soundwise?
A well-behaved signature.

Dude, I mean they differ in most every way. Honestly a sound is worth a thousand million words on a topic like this. You'll do yourself a huge favor by demoing the two of them. They have completely different filters, envelopes, architectures, etc. They aren't similar at all. For real, demo it and decide what sounds best for your needs.

JerGoertz wrote:Suffering from a little GAS here, interested in these 2 synths.

Looking for opinions on how they compare.

:)
Dune 2 greater sound possibilities & expansions

impOSCar 2, no doubt about it. It's much more interesting synths with very unique sound. Dune on the other hand is pretty much just another EDM crowd pleaser.
No signature here!

I always think of Dune2 as a soundscape/texture/pad synth, as it has huge mod options and multi layers. I never use it for bass or lead sounds (or comical 'edm' sounds)

Demo both, buy both. They are both great synths.

JerGoertz wrote:I'm looking to do music where the synths sound "as analog in an oldschool way as possible" (without opening "that" can of worms :hihi:).
In that case, I would recommend Vacuum Pro.
I have Vacuum Pro and Dune 2, and I wouldn't say Dune 2 was "as analog in an oldschool way as possible". I haven't got Imposcar 2, so can't speak about that.

JerGoertz wrote:I'm looking to do music where the synths sound "as analog in an oldschool way as possible
Dune 2 can do VA, but it's architecture is more a sandbox for rich, multi-oscillator, layered sounds combining VA, wavetables, FM and all manner of effects. i.e. more a modern hybrid synth. ImpOSCar 2 is less flexible, but lends itself more easily towards authentic retro tones.

I'd demo both and let your ears decide.

Analog, old school, ImpOSCar 2 hands down. It's not even close.

And before anybody starts ragging on me, Dune 2 is one of my favorite synths. I even created a sound library for it, something I haven't done for ImpOSCar 2 yet. But ImpOSCar 2 is modeled off a synth that is hard core old school.

If you get Dune 2 over ImpOSCar 2 for what you're looking to do, you will be very disappointed. That sound just isn't there in Dune 2.

Having said that, you won't come anywhere near the lushness and beauty of Dune 2 with ImpOSCar 2.

As I said up top. They are two totally different synths.

Bah! Electra.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:Bah! Electra.
Have it, love it, not even close. It's too plastic and modern sounding. It's about as far away from old school as Skrillex is from Tangerine Dream.

wagtunes wrote:
Apostate wrote:Bah! Electra.
Have it, love it, not even close. It's too plastic and modern sounding. It's about as far away from old school as Skrillex is from Tangerine Dream.
Actually that is my bad, I didn't scroll down and see the OP's wish for a more analogue-sounding synth. Sorry folks.
Ha ha suck it!

Return to “Instruments”