Looking for a VST synth with fat bass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I personally know that Manuel Schleis use mainly hardware, and for this XP some analog synths (like Jupiter).

Recently i've come to realization that it's not about the synth, it's the processing. These edm producer layer sound skillfully. If you only try one instance of any synth to get that sound, you won't get that kind of sound.
musisikamar.com

Passing Bye wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Here's your solution
Synth1
This thing is really not it in this case :tu:
Yeah? Go listen to the OSC Synth1 challenges and tell me that.

Tomag wrote:I personally know that Manuel Schleis use mainly hardware, and for this XP some analog synths (like Jupiter).
You know that Nexus, no matter what uses samples right? The other thing here is that if you know what Manuel uses then you'll know that for instance just 1 lead sound in Nexus will be maybe 3-6 layers of sound sampled and processed and this is where that BIG sound comes from. You can achieve this with multiple layers of soft synths or hardware synths. Sampled out these sound bigger still.
Manuel may use hardware but I bet there are layers of other synths in there like Sylenth for sure.

Tomag wrote: What I want is only one synth, not a millions of vst.
Well, you have Dune 2 which is pretty capable, you can add Serum which is on that side or get Diva which is more aiming to be ultimate jack of many vintage flavors, depends are you selling Dune 2 to get new thing or you are buying something new, if you are selling, get Serum, if you are adding, add Diva :tu:

xamido wrote:Recently i've come to realization that it's not about the synth, it's the processing. These edm producer layer sound skillfully. If you only try one instance of any synth to get that sound, you won't get that kind of sound.
Exactly this!

Passing Bye wrote:Well, if deep analog like bass-es are your main aim, U-He Diva for sure, it does Moog, Juno and more :tu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgzg5m9bC5g

or Trilian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCievq-H434

You are covered with Nexus2, Sylenth1, and Dune2 as far as getting a synth that can do more than bass, so yeah, get one that can do only bass or does it very well :tu:

My vote goes to Diva entirely :tu:
f diva, f trillian, f everything... Charlatan 2.0 makes them all sound like wussies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XngQx9Y ... e=youtu.be
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

wagtunes wrote:
Passing Bye wrote:
Synth1
Yeah? Go listen to the OSC Charlatan challenges and tell me that.

layzer wrote:
Passing Bye wrote:Well, if deep analog like bass-es are your main aim, U-He Diva for sure, it does Moog, Juno and more :tu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgzg5m9bC5g

or Trilian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCievq-H434

You are covered with Nexus2, Sylenth1, and Dune2 as far as getting a synth that can do more than bass, so yeah, get one that can do only bass or does it very well :tu:

My vote goes to Diva entirely :tu:
f diva, f trillian, f everything... Charlatan 2.0 makes them all sound like wussies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XngQx9Y ... e=youtu.be
Yeah, already suggested it, but you quoted first thing you saw, love that synth :tu:

Tomag wrote:I personally know that Manuel Schleis use mainly hardware, and for this XP some analog synths (like Jupiter).
Regardless of what he does, most EDM producers work in the box nowadays. Actually it won't matter anyway, as VA softsynth XY emulates the characteristics of analog synths anyway, so it won't be much of a difference... and surely you won't notice the difference when there's 3 or 4 sounds layered to make the bass.

@ layzer: Charlatan is awesome, yeah. :)
Last edited by chk071 on Sun May 24, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Then what are you asking us for anyway?

You seem to have all the answers and want to completely disregard all the useful advice that everyone is giving you. :shrug:
Last edited by Ben H on Sun May 24, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Passing Bye wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Passing Bye wrote:
Synth1
I never said Charlatan wasn't a good synth. It's also a viable option. To dismiss Synth1 just like that is shortsighted.

should go buy some hardware in that case ... especially as you've rejected every piece of advice in the thread.

wagtunes wrote:
Passing Bye wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Passing Bye wrote:
Synth1
I never said Charlatan wasn't a good synth. It's also a viable option. To dismiss Synth1 just like that is shortsighted.
synth1 is about the most versital free synth out there that is great for leads and pads.
but its envelopes and filters arent my first choice for deep powerful bass.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

wagtunes wrote:
Passing Bye wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Passing Bye wrote:
Synth1
Well, OP wanted Moog, Jupiter&co, so I got straight to the point immediately, I could go on and on about it, techniques, number of synth and personal realizations and preferences, but I just wanted to give straight answer on the subject.

Diva covers that ground immediately and Trilian got that sampled too, I think that's fastest way to get Moog, Jupuiter, SH, Juno & co under one roof for bass-es, same goes for Synth1, it really isn't that great solution in this case, even if it's awesome solution globally, I don't agree on that only, but named Charlatan that for this purpose is actually better one actually, so again, for this case, thread and purpose only :tu:

Return to “Instruments”