AM FreeHand Free Synth Released!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:I'm just seeing Lynx about to be released, and thinking that it is a bit like FreeHand ?
Okay, I gotta ask because I notice you do this a lot. This is an 8 year old thread you necro'd to ask about a synth that has nothing to do with Freehand, which I own.

Wouldn't it have been maybe a better idea to simply start a new thread about the new Lynx asking people what they thought about it and if they thought it was like Freehand or some other synth.

Sorry, but I come from forums where if you necro'd 8 year old threads you would have been tossed out on your ear and I see you doing this a lot.

Just not seeing the reason for it.

Missed mark on this one (IMO). I've tried several times to test it: awful loading time, half of the presets are not properly triggered in FL Studio while they're generally bland and uninspiring... too bad. AM seems dead.
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

wagtunes wrote:Sorry, but I come from forums where if you necro'd 8 year old threads you would have been tossed out on your ear and I see you doing this a lot.
So why did you change forums, if you don't like it here?

There is nothing in the Forum rules that says that older threads can't be replied to. AM Freehand is still an available product.

Lynx got Drawable oscillators, and FM functions, like FreeHand, that what was got me thinking comparisons.

I thought also the deal was that we should stay out of each others faces, so please do stay out of mine.
Last edited by Numanoid on Sun May 24, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I'm just seeing Lynx about to be released, and thinking that it is a bit like FreeHand ?
Okay, I gotta ask because I notice you do this a lot. This is an 8 year old thread you necro'd to ask about a synth that has nothing to do with Freehand, which I own.

Wouldn't it have been maybe a better idea to simply start a new thread about the new Lynx asking people what they thought about it and if they thought it was like Freehand or some other synth.

Sorry, but I come from forums where if you necro'd 8 year old threads you would have been tossed out on your ear and I see you doing this a lot.

I for one like it when people bump old threads with new posts rather than open a new thread on every little thought. On another board they even encourage that, under old threads it says there:

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.
If you reply, this thread will be bumped to the top of the forum.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

I for one like it when people bump old threads with new posts rather than open a new thread on every little thought. On another board they even encourage that, under old threads it says there:

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.
If you reply, this thread will be bumped to the top of the forum.

Okay, cool. So if I should happen to find something relevant to an 8 year old thread and bump it, I won't get tossed out of here?

Just checking, because a lot of forums really frown on that.

I have done it on KVR as well, nothing ever happened to me 8)

I too prefer a necro post to an identical topic a few years apart - searching gets very tedious due to all these siamese threads :) But then again I've never understood this "necro topic" forum phobia, tbh :)
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Yeah, me neither. I mean, why archive all those zillions of threads and make them accessible and searchable, when people are not supposed to post in them anymore?

I don't mind if it is relevant, as in new info about AM Freehand. But this is a real f**king stretch of the imagination from where I'm sitting. Note: not my asterisks.

Yup :) Especially when you have a wonky search function implemented :) I can't find anything relevant on a couple of other forums, although I know for sure those topics exist somewhere down in their archives... pf :)

PS: Bob, maybe it's not relevant to me and you, but it seems to be to the guy since he posted that question... so... who are we to judge it :)

idfpower wrote: PS: Bob, maybe it's not relevant to me and you, but it seems to be to the guy since he posted that question... so... who are we to judge it :)
yup, I just couldn't be bothered to add that sort of reasoned statement.

Well, let me say this. If the new Lynx is like AM Freehand, I don't even need to hear it. No offense. As a free Synthedit synth, AM Freehand is okay, but it's nothing to write home about. It's thin and lifeless, like most Synthedit synths. Maybe if Lynx took the architecture (which is actually pretty interesting) and did it up in C++ with quality oscillators, then yeah, we could have something usable.

Usually Xenobioz synths have a specific sonic character ;) Somehow they're very 8bit inclined and have an overall gritty sound which I like :)

wagtunes wrote:Well, let me say this. If the new Lynx is like AM Freehand, I don't even need to hear it. No offense. As a free Synthedit synth, AM Freehand is okay, but it's nothing to write home about. It's thin and lifeless, like most Synthedit synths. Maybe if Lynx took the architecture (which is actually pretty interesting) and did it up in C++ with quality oscillators, then yeah, we could have something usable.
even if LYNX is SE/SM i for one am going to give it a go, simply because
i know Xenobioz uses custom OSC, and filter modules.
my only complaint without hearing it so far is the knobs look kind of small
in some of the sections. i like his aegis sonix synth too. :D
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:my only complaint without hearing it so far is the knobs look kind of small
in some of the sections.
You're right! I just wish it would be possible to make all these synths skinnable by default. Then the devs could concentrate on whatever they feel more important while we get busy messing with the GUIs in Photoshop :lol:

On the other hand, it does look like a Xenobioz synth, heh, so maybe the dev would prefer to retain that character ;)

Return to “Instruments”