Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

lachrimae wrote:It's a shame that pirating had created such an environment where a paying customer like me won't even consider purchasing from such a good developer due to the licensing mechanism and policies. I demand more freedom from my purchases and I can understand why Andy demands more for his hard work. Neither side is willing to budge on their stance which means the pirates win and the good people lose. Such is life I guess...
pirates ?

these measures/policies are in place to deal with license transfers. in otherwords legitmate users. not pirates.

as far as piracy is concerned, the mechanism (C/R) is all that a cracker needs to consider.

there's oodles of developers out there employing C/R copy protection that don't also employ the kind of drop-your-pants-and-grab-your-ankles policies Andy is talking about implementing. And the reasoning for these policies is full of holes, imo.

lachrimae wrote:It's a shame that pirating had created such an environment where a paying customer like me won't even consider purchasing from such a good developer due to the licensing mechanism and policies.
Don't forget the KVR part of the story.

This place can ensky but on the next day as well lynch you (both without a truly comprehensible reason). :wink:

elassi wrote:
lachrimae wrote:It's a shame that pirating had created such an environment where a paying customer like me won't even consider purchasing from such a good developer due to the licensing mechanism and policies.
Don't forget the KVR part of the story.

This place can ensky but on the next day as well lynch you (both without a truly comprehensible reason). :wink:
I don't get how KVR could play a part in the license policy of a company... :?

Endor-8o8 wrote:
elassi wrote:Don't forget the KVR part of the story.

I don't get how KVR could play a part in the license policy of a company... :?
I'm talking about the inherent hysteria that influences users as well as companies.

Please email me directly if you want to discuss licensing and transfers, this thread is not the appropriate place for it. If you prefer to chat about it on a forum them please start a new thread. I have already asked this once, this is the second time and I will not ask again. Please keep this thread on topic - The Drop and resonant filtering is what is about.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

My web hosting people have finally told me that not only my server "crashed" but so did their backup server. I am guessing by "crashed" they mean there was a major screwup and someone / something wiped the machines, as I can't really imaging all of a sudden all the hard drives in both my machine and the backup machine spontaneously died.

The most likely outcome is I get a new web hosting company and restore my server from my own backups, but this will take time, so sorry for the outages. The authorisation system is working, but only for those who's accounts were created prior to March 11 2015, which is my most recent manual backup.

I was told today by my web hosting people that the latest database has been recovered (few!). If this is the case I can have the web page back up and running in the next couple of days.

Simple question: purchase is not possible at the moment?

elassi wrote:Simple question: purchase is not possible at the moment?
Simple answer: It is not possible to purchase at the moment.

andy-cytomic wrote:I was told today by my web hosting people that the latest database has been recovered (few!). If this is the case I can have the web page back up and running in the next couple of days.
:hyper:, :tu: and :party:

Is there a way to make LFO1 only modulate LP Freq and LFO2 only modulate LP Res. It seems like it should be easy but I can't figure out how to do it.

I can make LFO1 and LFO2 modulate both LP Freq and LP Res but that's not what I want. :help:

Frantz wrote:Is there a way to make LFO1 only modulate LP Freq and LFO2 only modulate LP Res. It seems like it should be easy but I can't figure out how to do it.

I can make LFO1 and LFO2 modulate both LP Freq and LP Res but that's not what I want. :help:
Yes you can modulate any of the destinations with any combination of modulation sources. Modulation is destination based, so choose a destination on the top row then use the depth knobs to assign modulation to that destination. This is the most useful workflow since you can fine tune all modulation for a single destination at once.

For what you want first click on the LP FREQ destination button then use the LFO1 depth knob to dial in the modulation you want - then click on the LP RES destination button and use the LFO2 depth knob to dial in the depth you want.

andy-cytomic wrote: For what you want first click on the LP FREQ destination button then use the LFO1 depth knob to dial in the modulation you want - then click on the LP RES destination button and use the LFO2 depth knob to dial in the depth you want.
Thanks for the quick response Andy! I understand now.

I was getting confused by the modulation destination Yes/No indicators. I was expecting them to change based on the last modulation source clicked. I now see they are general indicators and not source specific.

News update: the web page is back up and running as usual with all accounts as of 10th May restored (which is when the outage started). There are 2 people that managed to buy plugins in the narrow gap when the web page needed to be in off-line mode, I am emailing them now to restore their accounts. Sorry for the delays and hassle the outage caused, I am sorting out a new web hosting service so this will not happen again.

Cool, no (hidden) VAT on the price being shown. :tu:

Thx for the 30% discount, too. ;)

Return to “Effects”