One Synth Challenge #75: PG-8X (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

photonic wrote:
I am lucky that I found time to join OSC again. My 3 months pause was longer than I planed. :(
This time I concentrated more to the groove than to melody and chord progression.

https://soundcloud.com/photonic-1/photo ... -a-haircut
Really cool, might be my favourite in the compo so far especially compositionally :tu:
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

mehum wrote: Will you share some patches this month? I'd love to see your approach!
Here are some presets I made for the contest.

I'll send my Live 9 project file to anyone who PMs me.
mmoncur wrote: Sorry, Jasinski, I'm going to have to disqualify you for hiring a live orchestral percussion section.
I did hire the orchestra but then I gave each musician a JX8p to play :dog:

photonic wrote:Hi all,

I am lucky that I found time to join OSC again. My 3 months pause was longer than I planed. :(
So glad to see you back here Photonic!

This time I concentrated more to the groove than to melody and chord progression.
Damn it! I wanted to skip this month and now I have to vote to give you my 5 points :x :D

I have uploaded my entry...

Adam (a1wend1l) Aldrich - Piggy Ate the Ecstasy (OSC 75 PG-8X)

I've never tried to make different parts with one synth before. This was very challenging for me. Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/aiwendil/a1wend1 ... %3Apublish

I used 10 instances (3 of those are just the 'claps'). Used FL Studio 10. There's just some basic eq'ing and compression on the parts, reverb on the kick, and some ping-pong delay on the snare. That's it.
Last edited by a1wend1l on Tue May 26, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Welcome Adam,

Don't forget to add it to the OSC group page and also to list out the number of instances of the synth you used, what DAW, and any FX you used (check other peoples posts to see what they do).

Check out the challenge front page for the rules and group

https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-75-pg-8x

Re your comment about mixing - just ask here for help and advice, there are so many great people here with great experience and talent who will be more than happy to help out.

I'll listen a few more times before dropping in a few comments on the Soundcloud timeline.

Cheers,

dB

Hi all,
just in short because I may not type much as you already know, but I started to listen all the tracks of OSC #75 and found a way to give feedback without writing comments. Soundcloud offers a lot of "non-verbal communication" if needed :D

For making you understand my non-verbal feedback, here is the translation:
- No "Like" button at all: Not my taste, cannot connect with, something is disturbing me, doesn`t mean the track is horrible just means that I don`t get too much enthusiastic about, because of different reasons I can explain later. Comments will follow later.
- Like button: Cool, that rocks :)
- Like button plus repost: Way to good for me alone, has to be shared :)
- Like button, plus repost, plus put it on one of my playlists: I`m seriously hooked, wish to listen it definitely more often than just one times, need to have it at my collection means: I`m seriously in love with this track :D
- Like button, plus repost, plus adding to my playlist, plus follow button: Seems you have blown me away with your track, mostlikely I`m your greatest fan up from now and will stalk you (a little bit) :lol: :wink:

@Photonic:
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

jasinski wrote:

So glad to see you back here Photonic!
Me too ... and such a nice entry as well!

dB

@Mojo/Yvonne

Glad to see you can let us know what you like (or not!). :tu: Hope you get better soon. Rest those wrists - you might find strapping them up a little could help.

Hope you can make the next OSC ... :party:

dB

wow, photonoic...I'm curiously impressed by the totally authentic 80's drums, too! But that whole track is stunning! Friggin' awesome! :tu: :hail:

Here's my entry this month.

https://soundcloud.com/ontrackp/ontrackp-lift-off

31 instances of PG-8X
All sounds created from the INIT patch.
Logic Pro X EQ, Compressors, Reverb and Delay. 1x Spreader, 1x Exciter and 1x Arpeggiator.
Multipressor, Linear EQ and Adaptive Limiter on Master Bus.

Like many of you I found producing a track with this synth a challenge. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks!

doctorbob wrote:@Mojo/Yvonne

Glad to see you can let us know what you like (or not!). :tu:
Yep, finally I found out the true sense of "likes", "reposts" and such, this was originally made for keyboarder and pc nerds with tenovaginitis :lol:
doctorbob wrote: Hope you get better soon. Rest those wrists - you might find strapping them up a little could help.
Very funny, doc :wink: I mean this suggestion with strapping up my wrists. Who will feed me, buy my food and who will wash me??? :lol:
doctorbob wrote: Hope you can make the next OSC ... :party:

dB
Sure, I also can walk on water :wink:

This experiance only showed me one thing: I`m still not ready for OSC. I paid a high price for to find out this. Better I wait a bit longer with my next trial :wink:
If I like the synth next month then I can make community patches again and commenting tracks, that`s what I`m good for at the moment.
Yeah the truth hurts 8)
But I keep on smiling. My day will come :band2: ...somewhen...
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

BbluntProductions wrote:DAW: Reaper v5.0pre32/x64
Where did you find this pre version of Reaper 5?

Chris-S wrote:
BbluntProductions wrote:DAW: Reaper v5.0pre32/x64
Where did you find this pre version of Reaper 5?
Reaper pre-release forum...
http://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Hi all,
Thank you all for your great comments ! :hug:
sfiks wrote:

Damn it! I wanted to skip this month and now I have to vote to give you my 5 points :x :D
sfiks: sorry to mess up your plans :D
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Return to “Instruments”