Dilemma: Lfo Tool vs. Cableguys MIDI shaper/ Volume Shaper

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VolumeShaper

This thread is getting dusty but I thought I'd jump in anyway. I've been a proponent of all of the Cableguys stuff for a while now (and still am). That said, I bought LFOtool yesterday because I liked the interface, the simplicity of using the filter, and I like a change of pace occasionally. I've been glad to have Midishaper, but I do find the interface a bit clunkier- specifically the columns of numbers. It's easy enough to understand but a little more candy would be nice too.
When Steve made LFOtool resizeable with the recent update, I decided it was worth $50 and went for it. I'm pleased so far.
Don't discount Volumeshaper. I love it. It's simple yet powerful, and quick to use. Surprisingly, I toss the free Pancake 2 on lots of tracks to get a little movement with little effort or CPU hit. I miss the button to narrow the waveform on the grid though. Please bring that back. Mix may do the same thing, but for me, narrowing the sweep range graphically on the grid is most intuitive, especially when comparing multiple instances. :tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Sorry, double post due to slow server response.

Qurv is also worth checking out

http://www.raxntrax.com/qurv/
Amazon: why not use an alternative

LFO tool is a must have , Volumeshaper 4 has the Multiband option which can be really useful. Did I read somewhere that midi shaper is getting an update, it is clunky to use depending on host, nature of the beast.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

rustman wrote: Don't discount Volumeshaper. I love it. It's simple yet powerful, and quick to use. Surprisingly, I toss the free Pancake 2 on lots of tracks to get a little movement with little effort or CPU hit. I miss the button to narrow the waveform on the grid though. Please bring that back. Mix may do the same thing, but for me, narrowing the sweep range graphically on the grid is most intuitive, especially when comparing multiple instances. :tu:
Sorry for that I am replying so late only.. The narrow thingy is much more powerful now: Select all points (either via the right-click menu, or via holding SHIFT while moving the mouse in the wave area), then you can move/scale/narrow the modulation wave. Hold ALT while scaling the waveform to scale equally on both sides.

This works in all our plugins.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
rustman wrote: Don't discount Volumeshaper. I love it. It's simple yet powerful, and quick to use. Surprisingly, I toss the free Pancake 2 on lots of tracks to get a little movement with little effort or CPU hit. I miss the button to narrow the waveform on the grid though. Please bring that back. Mix may do the same thing, but for me, narrowing the sweep range graphically on the grid is most intuitive, especially when comparing multiple instances. :tu:
Sorry for that I am replying so late only.. The narrow thingy is much more powerful now: Select all points (either via the right-click menu, or via holding SHIFT while moving the mouse in the wave area), then you can move/scale/narrow the modulation wave. Hold ALT while scaling the waveform to scale equally on both sides.

This works in all our plugins.

Thanks for that Jakob. I will check that out asap. Maybe I should read the tooltips, etc. Actually, I think it's a positive that I didn't have to study to use it. :tu:

Really like Pancake (thanks to rustman for that), thinking of picking up Volume Shaper rather than LFOTool since I already have Volcano so the filter isn't that useful to me. Got to love that it is multiband too!
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Just bought Volume Shaper from PluginBoutique (50% off :tu: ). I use Ableton and I do simple volume adjustments within clips to get a rhythm from long sustained notes but it's fiddly and difficult to get the curve right. Volume shaper is so easy to use by comparison. I can't believe there were products like this out there with the added bonus of being able to make different curves based on frequency ranges.

Great, great product. :clap:

Return to “Effects”