1) Can 32- and 64-bit SynthMaster versions share the same data folder? 2) Stuck in player skin!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Bulent (and anyone else interested),

1) I installed both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of SynthMaster for Windows. I then successfully changed the location of the data folder as indicated on page 7 of the manual ('Changing Data Folder'). In <SynthMasterFolders.txt> I set a new path for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions: D:\AUDIO\SynthMaster. D:\AUDIO is where I try to keep all my audio-related files.

QUESTIONS: Can both versions share the same data folder, or will this cause problems down the line? Should I create two separate data folders?

2) ANOTHER ISSUE: After changing from the default skin to a player skin (SM-800X), I got stuck there and couldn't switch back to the default skin using the method indicated on p.11 of the manual ('Switching Back from Player Skins to SynthMaster Skins'). In the SM-800X skin, I could find no indication of the skin and no left/right arrows to change the skin! Eventually I discovered that the solution was to edit <SynthMasterConfig.txt> located in the SynthMaster folder in my user docs, restoring this line:
Default Skin Name=Default Skin.

This procedure should be described in the manual.

SUGGESTION: In future versions, locate ALL files needed by SynthMaster, except the plugin dll's themselves, in ONLY ONE FOLDER that is NOT in the VstPlugins folder. This is what most other plugin producers do, and it makes life so much easier!

Kind regards,
Rob Stuart
Utrecht, Netherlands

To resolve the skin issue please take a look at page 11 of user manual:

http://www.synthmaster.com/synthmaster/ ... manual.pdf

As for the data folder issue:

What you can do is

1. Install 32bit version on Folder A
2. Install 64bit version on Folder B
3. Move 32bit DLL files to c:\program files (x86)\vstplugins, and edit SynthMasterFolders.txt file so RootFolder points to Folder A (this is explained in the user manual)
4. Move 64bit DLL files to c:\program files\vstplugins, and edit SynthMasterFolders.txt file so RootFolder points to Folder A (this is explained in the user manual)
5. Delete Folder B

In v3.0 installer, I am planning to move all data files to: c:\programdata so we dont have this confusion.

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”