Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

I did a quick search but did not find an answer for this ...

The notes on the "Sizzle Gourd Kalimba - Main" patch say "Enable Ultra HD for additional velocites and round robins." I could not find any settings for Ultra HD. Is there a hidden Ultra HD function? Maybe renamed to something else? Or maybe the notes are not right?

beatmangler443 wrote:How are the loading times? Is the patch loading times quicker than version 1? Thanks.
Yes much faster. Patch loading times was a gripe of mine in v1 that occasionally put me off using it.

dmbaer wrote:I just installed Omni 2. I was reading the online reference guide in which it said you could create a pdf file from the online manual if so desired. Really? Is there an easy way to do that on a PC without hunting done some kind of conversion software - I certainly have not been able to figure out how to do it. Perhaps Mac users have it easier.

Is it too much to ask a company that charges 500 bucks for a new license and 250 for an upgrade to do us the courtesy of making a pdf reference guide available to registered users - you know, the ones that paid all that money in the first place? I'm a documentation wonk - it's an important feature of any complex software IMO. I'm really annoyed at Spectrsonics for this totally half-assed effort.
I don't mind the online guide at all. In fact I prefer it to a PDF in terms of search functionality.

barryfell wrote: I don't mind the online guide at all. In fact I prefer it to a PDF in terms of search functionality.
Both online and pdf have a place and a use. I can put a pdf on my iPad and read it anywhere, even when not near WiFi. But on-line can be updated and corrected and the pdf reader may not know. Having both is the optimal solution.

After I was done with my rant here, I also sent a complaint email to Spectrasonics. I got an almost-immediate response saying that they would be providing a downloadable pdf fairly soon, so I'm not quite so irate anymore. But if they have the documentation all written and a pdf can be produced from that at the push of a button, why is it not available now?

dmbaer wrote:
barryfell wrote: I don't mind the online guide at all. In fact I prefer it to a PDF in terms of search functionality.
Both online and pdf have a place and a use. I can put a pdf on my iPad and read it anywhere, even when not near WiFi. But on-line can be updated and corrected and the pdf reader may not know. Having both is the optimal solution.

After I was done with my rant here, I also sent a complaint email to Spectrasonics. I got an almost-immediate response saying that they would be providing a downloadable pdf fairly soon, so I'm not quite so irate anymore. But if they have the documentation all written and a pdf can be produced from that at the push of a button, why is it not available now?
That encapsulates all of my thought precisely. :tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

dmbaer wrote:...saying that they would be providing a downloadable pdf fairly soon,
I'm also in the "give-me-a-freakin'-pdf-manual" crowd, so that's great news. Thanks for the update. :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

In regards to the re-download price, thats crazy. If you own a product through purchase, you should be able to download an infinite amount of times. Or at minimum download both installers fully, once. But then be able to use those installers on separate machines. I know i bought the upgrade and since launch ive had shifty service and have only got to about 10% before internet issues (thank you satellite internet services [living in the wilderness essentially]). Im still missing a huge portion of the files and to redownload you need to pay X amount, with the co-owner and i trying some 3 or so times to no avail.

Next issue i encounter is authorizing (when it downloads). I plan to put Omni 2 on the Studio Computer which does not have internet connection. How would i go about authorizing it? Maybe on an external and authorize to the external drive using the connected laptop and then plug into the studio desktop? Or maybe they do offline challenge response auths? Anyone have any input on that?

What should i do about downloading the rest of the upgrade files i need? I wish they split it up so i could take it in chunks. Like a split rar or zip. 15 part zip or rar. I could download part by part in case i lose connection. Assistance anyone?

StorkMork wrote:If you own a product through purchase, you should be able to download an infinite amount of times. Or at minimum download both installers fully, once. But then be able to use those installers on separate machines. I know i bought the upgrade and since launch ive had shifty service and have only got to about 10% before internet issues (thank you satellite internet services [living in the wilderness essentially]). Im still missing a huge portion of the files and to redownload you need to pay X amount, with the co-owner and i trying some 3 or so times to no avail.
I certainly feel your pain about having shitty internet making it harder. I am in the same position. (It ended up taking more than 24hrs on my POS connection).

However there are a few errors in your statements:

1. The one download IS for both PC and Mac. No need to DL twice for separate installers.
2. The download system allows for a full download. Mine cut out and stopped several times (we're talking for 20-30 mins at a time) and when it came back to life it let me resume. So if it didn't do that for you, than I am sorry, but that is at least how it usually works.
3. You CAN use the installer on multiple machines, you just need to make sure you authorise each one afterwards for it to work.
Next issue i encounter is authorizing (when it downloads). I plan to put Omni 2 on the Studio Computer which does not have internet connection. How would i go about authorizing it? Maybe on an external and authorize to the external drive using the connected laptop and then plug into the studio desktop? Or maybe they do offline challenge response auths? Anyone have any input on that?
I'm pretty sure you can use an internet capable computer to type the serial into and then use the response code on the offline computer.
What should i do about downloading the rest of the upgrade files i need?
What rest of the upgrade files are you talking about?

If you mean the update, it is <30MB
If you have a corrupted download, then I would email Spectrasonics and ask them to sort you out.
I wish they split it up so i could take it in chunks. Like a split rar or zip. 15 part zip or rar. I could download part by part in case i lose connection. Assistance anyone?
Their downloader does that. It validates that you receive all the files and resumes from where it was up to if you get cut off.

Hope that helps.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I've thought about it since its arrival, and I am going to pass. Paid €349 for 1, and would have to pay another €249 for the upgrade? €600. Lotta dinerii. I'm going to stand pat for now.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

cryophonik wrote:
dmbaer wrote:...saying that they would be providing a downloadable pdf fairly soon,
I'm also in the "give-me-a-freakin'-pdf-manual" crowd, so that's great news. Thanks for the update. :tu:
I too want a PDF manual. Sometimes I have to travel for work and having things to read on my tablet makes all the difference.

For those of you that want a PDF manual now, you can make one in about 10 minutes with Google Chrome. It's likely not as nice as an official manual but if you need a portable copy in the next week or so (like I do) this works well. This method makes each section a PDF, so you don't have one file. I just put them all in a separate Folder on my tablet.

1. Go to this url with Google Chrome: http://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Omnisphere2/
2. Click on the sub-heading(s) you want to read offline. I did sections 2 (Concepts) - 14 (System).
3. On the left pane click on the printer icon, then select "Save as PDF" and save to your hard drive. Repeat for all the sections you want to save.
4. Copy the PDF files wherever you want.
Feel free to call me Brian.

bmrzycki wrote:
cryophonik wrote:
I too want a PDF manual. Sometimes I have to travel for work and having things to read on my tablet makes all the difference.

For those of you that want a PDF manual now, you can make one in about 10 minutes with Google Chrome. It's likely not as nice as an official manual but if you need a portable copy in the next week or so (like I do) this works well. This method makes each section a PDF, so you don't have one file. I just put them all in a separate Folder on my tablet.

1. Go to this url with Google Chrome: http://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Omnisphere2/
2. Click on the sub-heading(s) you want to read offline. I did sections 2 (Concepts) - 14 (System).
3. On the left pane click on the printer icon, then select "Save as PDF" and save to your hard drive. Repeat for all the sections you want to save.
4. Copy the PDF files wherever you want.
The fact that paying customers are having to band together and find hacks to get a portable document of the manual should be downright embarrassing for Spectrasonics (after all these years).
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

btw I have an app that does this but if you want a free online pdf merge tool go here:

http://smallpdf.com/merge-pdf

aMUSEd wrote:Actually they are all pdfs already - they just need compiling into one file if you want a single file manual (I have done it myself but won't host it without their permission) - otherwise here are the download links for single chapters:
Really helpful info.

Thanks for the pdfs. I hadn't noticed them. The updates don't show up on my account correctly. They go to d but an email said there is an e.

Return to “Instruments”