Wave Arts tube saturator 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TS-2 Tube Saturator

masterhiggins wrote:
TheoM wrote:As far as CR, it might benefit you to look at u-he method, if you would like a method for multiple machines.. the thing is, his method is serial only, but so far has outperformed all in house c/r methods to date!
When you say outperform, do you mean it's the most convenient for users? There's no argument there. If you mean it's impossible to crack or abuse from the developer's POV, then no. That's why Andy from Cytomic rejected the idea. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's done more research in that area than most end users.

You misunderstand. All in house non dongle based C/R has been cracked. It's not IMPOSSIBLE to abuse, but neither is any non ilok/elicenser method. So at least if offering a multi machine option, might as well go for a solid serial method other than a beatable CR one. No?? Maybe I am wrong.

Twrogstudio wrote:Looking forward to trying this out. I only passed on the original because of the CPU.
ha... same here

I really like this plugin so far... Bought it (or upgraded I should say). :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

willdub1 wrote:
Twrogstudio wrote:Looking forward to trying this out. I only passed on the original because of the CPU.
ha... same here
I use the V1 very few times because of that too. Now that the CPU
hit is far more reasonable, it's gonna be used more and more in
my projects ! :)

can someone confirm that it really is better cpu wise? if so how?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:can someone confirm that it really is better cpu wise? if so how?
significantly better.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

strange that wave arts didnt send me a reply since aweek, maybe they dont want my money ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Bill is usually very quick on the trigger. Did you email him or PM him here?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:Bill is usually very quick on the trigger. Did you email him or PM him here?

/Joachim
emailed, i needa recheck, it was i think support@....

Yes, that seems right: support at wave arts [in one word].

/Joachim

will have to re-email!

how are experiences so far with it? worth an upgrade from v1 to v2?
and is CPU handling really much improved?

Caine123 wrote:...

how are experiences so far with it? worth an upgrade from v1 to v2?
and is CPU handling really much improved?
(a) For me ... yes but you'd be wise to make this evaluation for yourself. Sometimes people rave about products that others dislike. It's a personal choice.
(b) Yes. It's a big improvement.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Updated - VST3 and now with 100% less iLok!
Dear Wave Arts User,

We are excited to announce a new version 2.10 of Tube Saturator 2. This is a free update for existing TS-2 owners, simply download and install.

The principal new features are support for non-Pace/iLok licensing and support for VST3 format. However, under the hood this plug is a complete rewrite using a new application framework which will provide a solid foundation for future Wave Arts plug-ins.

The new features of v2.10 are:

- Provides Wave Arts (non-Pace/iLok) licensing option using convenient online activation, just enter your serial and unlock key is automatically installed. You can register on up to three different computers and if you need more please ask. Offline activation is also supported. Pace/iLok licensing is used for AAX format and is optionally available for VST/AU formats, as before.

- Now supports VST3 format. Supports VST2, VST3, AAX, and AU (Mac only) formats, 32 and 64-bit.
Complete code rewrite from ground up using a new application framework.
- New user preset manager facilitates naming and organization of user presets.
- New preferences manager allows setting of knob drag style and optional knob value popops.
- New installers for Mac and Windows with simplified options.
- DC-offset of saturation section is now filtered.

Note: Pro Tools preset files (TFX files) created with v2.03 will load correctly in v2.10. However, TFX files made using v2.10 will not load correctly in v2.03. The Wave Arts user preset file format remains exactly the same and any user presets you have previous created will by available.
Wonder if it's more CPU-efficient too. Hope so.

The dramatic jump in CPU efficiency was from v.1 to v.2. AFAIR, it was due to a restructuring on the inner workings of the 'models'. I doubt if you will see much change from 2.03 to 2.1.

/Joachim

Cool update. Wonder if the code rewrite has effected the sound? I know some people (with better ears than me) felt V2 wasn't quite as perfect as V1.

Return to “Effects”