Looking for a VST synth with fat bass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Use a sine wav and play lowest octave.

Tomag wrote:Hi, I wanna know with what vst I could create some really deep bass like in this video :

So, first, don't say me Massive...I don't really like it, it sound too much digital for me.

I have bought the expansion, and the sounds are really deep, snappy, brillant, I really like it.

I think that Manuel Schleis (the sound designer of this XP) use a lot of analog synths (like Moog, Jupiter, etc).

But, I have only three VST : Nexus2, Sylenth1, and Dune2. So I don't have a lot of vst and Dune2 and Sylenth1 are not really bassy (even if Sylenth1 has a really great "benassi" saw wave).

So, if you have got some analog emulations like Arturia minimoog, do you think this is possible to do with ? Or what vst do you recommend to use.

Thanks you !
The answer is in the question : You have Nexus, you want these sounds. Just buy this expansion.

For alternative instruments, just go for similar technology : Sampled analog. So this can be Trillian, or Kontakt with the right soundsets, or Mach V etc.

Real analog synths won't give you that exact sound, nor the best VAs. This said, if you want to experience some really deep and fat analog basses, while still wanting soft synths, just try Xils-Lab Poly KB II. Warmest and deepest basses -in my book-, or NI Monark for the greatest a la Moog experience. And also, learn how to use compressors, because it's probably the most interesting thing in this video : -over-Processing. LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Indeed - if you want that sound without messing around (to much) with compressors etc then sample based stuff are recommended.

But if you are interested in a VA VST I would vote for XILS-Lab PolyKB II (or the player version). For analog basses this synth is my favorite (another favorite being Minisyn'x - but the bass sounds there are a bit different form the ones of PolyKB II).

Lotuzia wrote:
Tomag wrote:Hi, I wanna know with what vst I could create some really deep bass like in this video :

So, first, don't say me Massive...I don't really like it, it sound too much digital for me.

I have bought the expansion, and the sounds are really deep, snappy, brillant, I really like it.

I think that Manuel Schleis (the sound designer of this XP) use a lot of analog synths (like Moog, Jupiter, etc).

But, I have only three VST : Nexus2, Sylenth1, and Dune2. So I don't have a lot of vst and Dune2 and Sylenth1 are not really bassy (even if Sylenth1 has a really great "benassi" saw wave).

So, if you have got some analog emulations like Arturia minimoog, do you think this is possible to do with ? Or what vst do you recommend to use.

Thanks you !
The answer is in the question : You have Nexus, you want these sounds. Just buy this expansion.

For alternative instruments, just go for similar technology : Sampled analog. So this can be Trillian, or Kontakt with the right soundsets, or Mach V etc.

Real analog synths won't give you that exact sound, nor the best VAs. This said, if you want to experience some really deep and fat analog basses, while still wanting soft synths, just try Xils-Lab Poly KB II. Warmest and deepest basses -in my book-, or NI Monark for the greatest a la Moog experience. And also, learn how to use compressors, because it's probably the most interesting thing in this video : -over-Processing. LtZ
No matter whether the OP has the Nexus expansion or any other synth layered with other stuff or not he's still gonna have to process his bass channel when he puts it in the mix with other elements. Don't know how many times Iv'e said this but he doesn't listen anyways.

The OP can ask advice about whatever synth he wants it don't matter cause any synth can get the BIG bass with the technique's Iv'e already stated in previous posts here it's up to him to take advice or not. You can't just take a Nexus patch or any other for that matter (bass sound) and just stick it in the mix without externally processing it. Presets in any synth no matter how good they sound still need processed in a track context as they are mostly designed to be played stand alone right out of the factory.

Thanks

Vacuum Pro has a real fat bass sound.
It can be realy dirty and also soft and really deep:)
Try it.

I thought all these new pro banks were 'club ready' and can 'cut thru any mix' ???

:P

I think the frequencies that make a bass sound fat are not the very low ones, which can't be heard on many speakers, anyway.

It might sound counterproductive at first, but in Sylenth I add a tiny dose of reverb to most of my bass patches, with room size set (almost) to zero. Somehow it gives a bass more body without there being audible reverb as such. That also allows me to increase the volume of the patch a bit without clipping.

Kriminal wrote:I thought all these new pro banks were 'club ready' and can 'cut thru any mix' ???:P
Who claims that?

sfd wrote: But if you are interested in a VA VST I would vote for XILS-Lab PolyKB II (or the player version). For analog basses this synth is my favorite (another favorite being Minisyn'x - but the bass sounds there are a bit different form the ones of PolyKB II).
+1 for PolyKB II here. Great synth indeed.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I think there are quite a lot of deep basses in many of the soundbanks out there.

I'm wondering...just how far below the abyss do you want to go?

Sincerely I think some people doesn't realize that they prefer software for bass and in blind shootout between rawer analog and software bass sounds, they would pick software most of the times because it sounds like they imagine analog actually sounds, instant gratification, it's fat, it must be analog, not at all, but hey, I'm not saying everyone, just I guess there's good amount of people that doesn't realize they actually don't like analog sound that much over software.

Guess this is little OT, but this thread is dead anyways :)

rob_lee wrote:
Kriminal wrote:I thought all these new pro banks were 'club ready' and can 'cut thru any mix' ???:P
Who claims that?

The ppl who sell them with those taglines

For Moog like/melodic basses: NI Monark.

For Sub/percussive basses: Rob Papen SubBoomBass
Play it by ear

Please keep in mind that I'm not a newbie at all.

And about the Nexus2 sounds, I don't totally agree..I don't think that there is a lot and a lot of processing.

I think the big secret of the XP sounds is layering. To have good layers you have to process it (mostly EQ).
Then, add compression to make it more punchy.
Then delay and reverb, that's it.

I have bought the Synthmaster last sunday.

I think this is a really good synth, but I have to say that it's the first time I use it and I'm really not accustomed to his "workflow" (and also, there is a lot and a lot of options, you have to really well know this synth in order to use his full potential).

Tomag wrote:Please keep in mind that I'm not a newbie at all.
It doesn't matter how long you are it at it because you can still lack some knowledge, that's natural, this is not school so we all learn same things by the end, it's life, you can build your foundations on shaky ground/basics and that backfires sooner or later.

Clear example of that is far too many folks acquiring gear/tools expecting some magic that will suddenly solve their problems, it doesn't, so quest for magic dragon continues and of course, the excuses, it's the magic gear they don't have :tu:

Return to “Instruments”