Studio One 3 is on a new level!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I never thought that...

But now Studio One 3 has all the features, why I chanced to it!

-Multi Instruments!
-parallel processing with FX!
-arranger(scratchpad AND Arranger Track!)!
-long long faders and meters!
-Macro Controls which are automatable!
-curved automations
-step recording!
-MIDI tools like arpeggiator and repeater a.s.o.
-and many many more!!!

AND these features which my previous DAW doesnt have:

-Macro Shortcuts! (big big feature...)
-Melodyne Integration
-renaming automations
-middle mouse popping up editing tools!
-crystal clear hyper sound quality (with a headroom secret)
-drag&drop EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE, big lack in Bitwig!
-many many high quality FXs
-better PDC in every situation!
-and many many more!!!

AND all these features without the bugs and problems from other DAWs has (until now)!
Last edited by braunhirse on Tue May 26, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If he told you more it wouldn't be a secret. :hihi:

I still have high hopes for Bitwig but they do really need to address the controller support, Studio One 2 already did this so much better, 3 better still. A scripting API is only of use for people that can script and companies, and it's no good for people that use multiple controller inputs and/or just want a quick way to map them to everything. Controller link is brilliant, I would love it if Bitwig had that coupled with the colour chips for easier mapping to all devices.

Chapelle wrote:
braunhirse wrote:-crystal clear hyper sound quality (with a headroom secret)

It will result in much better over-compressed youtube music. :borg:

lotus2035 wrote:
Chapelle wrote: tell me more about this cool fact!!
Ok, if I mix in other DAWs, summing causes much faster a higher volume than Studio One. It is a fact, which I dont know why it is... (Logic is worst)
The same with the sound quality, I dont have any clou why but it is also a fact. It is audible when you cleamn up a mix and the result is completely different with other DAWs. AND I use the same plugins!

Especially distorted sounds like a guitar is better sounded. Im sure, it is not just a simple believe...

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Am I the only one here who doesn't like S1 v3?
It might be packed with features, the GUI really puts me off. I find it too dark and confusing.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:Am I the only one here who doesn't like S1 v3?
It might be packed with features, the GUI really puts me off. I find it too dark and confusing.
I kind of agree here especially when I first looked at it. There's not enough definition between elements so everything blends together. I like how Bitwig is more 3-D and you can clearly see everything though the colors are locked. I'm getting used to the look now though it's kind of busy without the 3-D separation.

That being said, there's a lot to like about Studio One now. I'm seriously liking it over Cubase. It's a more modern, faster to use and intuitive streamlined version of it in my opinion. Still no Notion integration other than exporting stems from Notion.

I REALLY REALLY wish they would have allowed us to use VST Midi FX in the NoteFX section. The instruments would be killer with that kind of routing, hopefully in a future update. I like how in Bitwig you can drop anything in any order...
Last edited by InLight-Tone on Tue May 26, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

InLight-Tone wrote:There's not enough definition between elements so everything blends together..
This.

Karten wrote:Am I the only one here who doesn't like S1 v3?
No, you're not the only one. I actually preferred the old GUI and would have appreciated it had they left us with an option to select the established grey background.

A customizable GUI is definitely a step in the right direction, so everyone can, for the most part, tune colors adn the feel of the layout to their comfort. Mixer also looks much better now. Love the sketchpad idea. I see how it can be really useful to certain people's workflow. Overall, it's a solid update.

However, I am put off by audio waves/midi clips display/resolution quality. Some people might not even notice that, but I can't seem to get used to it. Every time I switch form Studio One to Cubase it immediately feels like I just went from 480p to 1080p. :shrug:

I love the new GUI...

...but totally agree the resolution on Wave files is absurd, why don't they improve this?

braunhirse wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:
Chapelle wrote: tell me more about this cool fact!!
Ok, if I mix in other DAWs, summing causes much faster a higher volume than Studio One. It is a fact, which I dont know why it is... (Logic is worst)
The same with the sound quality, I dont have any clou why but it is also a fact. It is audible when you cleamn up a mix and the result is completely different with other DAWs. AND I use the same plugins!

Especially distorted sounds like a guitar is better sounded. Im sure, it is not just a simple believe...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you don't know why it is, it is not a fact. Most likely different pan laws are in question.

Chapelle wrote:I see. Sounds interesting. You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'll definitely check out Studio One 3. Thanks!
I tip my hat to you. Well handled!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”